The "Suuuuuuuuuuh" Thread

Nexus

I would have to disagree that Suh's actions are a reflection on either the Nebraska program or on Jim Schwartz. There are plenty of players on the Lions team that do not allow the opponent to get under their skin to the point that they retaliate in this fashion. Suh is aggressive, plain and simple. Some of his actions come with the territory and he is going to get penalized and fined from time to time. Some of the things he has been penalized and fined for are BS too, but they come with the reputation of being aggressive. We Detroit fans can live with some of this stuff, but the 'stomp' did not sit well. Especially his explanation, and refusal to take responsibility for his actions. Suck it up, tell us you made a mistake and lets move on! Maturity appears to be his issue.

As far as a reflection on the Nebraska program. For those that must say Suh reflects poorly on Nebraska, Dominic Raiola and Kyle Vanden Bosch also play here and just my opinion, they are more of a reflection on Nebraska than Suh.

You have some good points and for the most part I agree with you, but being from a Husker fan from Nebraska I feel that he isn't helping our image none. That's just me though; it seems that most people don't feel the way I do. But why would Raiola and Vanden Bosch be more of a reflection than Suh?

He certainly isn't hurting it. I haven't read one article about how Suh's "troubled" NFL career is taking recruits away from Nebraska.

Neither have I, but my opinion is the minority and I have nothing to do with recruiting and I don't follow it that much. My view point is from a Husker fan that was born and raised in Nebraska, so I see his actions in the NFL as WTF? If he has maturity issues then what the hell was doing in college? Where you are supposed to learn how to be an adult.

He could be struggling with the schemes offenses are putting in to deal with his physical abilities, maybe the higher level he is playing against, or perhaps coming to realize just how much money was thrown at him at a young age.

I would have to disagree that Suh's actions are a reflection on either the Nebraska program or on Jim Schwartz. There are plenty of players on the Lions team that do not allow the opponent to get under their skin to the point that they retaliate in this fashion. Suh is aggressive, plain and simple. Some of his actions come with the territory and he is going to get penalized and fined from time to time. Some of the things he has been penalized and fined for are BS too, but they come with the reputation of being aggressive. We Detroit fans can live with some of this stuff, but the 'stomp' did not sit well. Especially his explanation, and refusal to take responsibility for his actions. Suck it up, tell us you made a mistake and lets move on! Maturity appears to be his issue.

As far as a reflection on the Nebraska program. For those that must say Suh reflects poorly on Nebraska, Dominic Raiola and Kyle Vanden Bosch also play here and just my opinion, they are more of a reflection on Nebraska than Suh.

You have some good points and for the most part I agree with you, but being from a Husker fan from Nebraska I feel that he isn't helping our image none. That's just me though; it seems that most people don't feel the way I do. But why would Raiola and Vanden Bosch be more of a reflection than Suh?

He certainly isn't hurting it. I haven't read one article about how Suh's "troubled" NFL career is taking recruits away from Nebraska.

Well let me put it this way...I won't be playing football at NU next year... eyeswear2allthatsholy

LOL. Me neither despite how much they recruit me. (sarcasm implied)

Neither have I, but my opinion is the minority and I have nothing to do with recruiting and I don't follow it that much. My view point is from a Husker fan that was born and raised in Nebraska, so I see his actions in the NFL as WTF? If he has maturity issues then what the hell was doing in college? Where you are supposed to learn how to be an adult.

He could be struggling with the schemes offenses are putting in to deal with his physical abilities, maybe the higher level he is playing against, or perhaps coming to realize just how much money was thrown at him at a young age.

True and he is getting double teamed constantly, which is very frustrating because it limits him, and I'm sure he was provoked. I doubt that an untied shoe provoked him but something did, but as a professional he has to rise above the petty crap, keep his head calm, and find some way to contribute to the team. That is what a graduate of the University of Nebraska is supposed to do. I'm sure Vanden Bosch or anyone else has had his share of dirty tricks and I don't see any of them stomping anyone or making excuses.

• 4 weeks later...

It looks like things are looking up for Suh!! I watched him on the Pre/Post game shows. The guy was polished, articulate, intelligent...he has a future in sports broadcasting! Way to go Ndamukong!!!

Agreed. And Suh didn't beat the crap out of Boomer when he insulted Suh to his face, which was a plus. Plus, Marino seemed to take a shining to the lad, constantly back slapping and such.

Here's hoping we see him on the TV next week as well. He did a good job, and with some polish and practice, we may get a 'Husker in the booth after Suh gets done terrorizing the NFL. :)

It looks like things are looking up for Suh!! I watched him on the Pre/Post game shows. The guy was polished, articulate, intelligent...he has a future in sports broadcasting! Way to go Ndamukong!!!

Agreed. And Suh didn't beat the crap out of Boomer when he insulted Suh to his face, which was a plus. Plus, Marino seemed to take a shining to the lad, constantly back slapping and such.

Here's hoping we see him on the TV next week as well. He did a good job, and with some polish and practice, we may get a 'Husker in the booth after Suh gets done terrorizing the NFL. :)

What did Boomer say?

Amen to that. I missed the Boomer insult. What did Boomer say? It was just great seeing him there-giving him a chance and I'm sure seeing him in that setting helped his 'image'. That he's just a young rookie who screwed up but that he really wants to be a good player and role model. Good for him!

Suh named to ESPN's "Any Era" team, which means that a player could play today, yesterday or 50 years ago and still be at the top of the game.

LINK to where people like Jim Brown, Larry Csonka, Mike Singletary & James Lofton say nice things about.

Also on the team (so far) are Peyton Manning, Tim Tebow and Dwight Freeney.

Wow. I feel like one of those names is not like the others.

*Oh, I see. This list is about players whose brand of football would be suited for any era - so a "Today's throwback players" list.

I think Suh is definitely deserving of that honor with the attitude he brings. I wonder, though - a dynamic receiver, a real phenom like Calvin Johnson or that guy the Falcons have. Wouldn't they dominate in a past era as well, despite being taller and faster and able to jump higher and all that? :P I guess I'm struggling to think of an example of a very successful player in today's game, who would not do well playing 50 years ago. Who's a "not a throwback" guy?

I caught Hanna Storm on the Zone a few days ago and she was talking about a program she produced that airs on ESPN2 tonight at 8:00.

It features 4 stories from the NFL this season and one of those segments is all about SUH and the infamous “stomp”.

She said she was really surprised at how articulate and accessible he came across and how diametrically opposite it was to his public persona. He didn’t duck questions and responded thoughtfully.

He was allowed to pick the site for the interview and choose UNL and proudly showed her what he has given back to the University, both athletically and for the engineering department.

(Her first time ever to set foot in Nebraska)

She commented that he was #1 among all NFL players in charitable giving this year.

Anyway, she was gushing so positively about him, I thought I would check it out to see if this might be the first step in restoring his image.

For what it’s worth…………..

• Fire 1