The "Suuuuuuuuuuh" Thread

Nexus

This all seems really clear to me just from his pattern of play. The kid is dirty. He breaks rules...violently, and he is going to seriously hurt someone. Call it aggressive but its wrong. It's dirty.

Punched Cutler

Kicked Dietrich

Damn near ripped Delhome's head off

...and then that weak ass apology, comment or whatever that was supposed to be.

I get it, he was a Husker, but come on people. Suspend his ass fast.

As a Badger fan, I am pretty sure that you have not followed SUH's career while at NU. Folks are not defending him so much as finding it hard to believe that he is doing this. While at NU, I never remember this type of play nor heard anything from other teams about "dirty play". As a die hard fan, I am disappointed in him. He needs to clean up his act or his career and rep will be short lived. I would not be surprised to see O lineman trying to extract a little "justice" in the future.

This is what I always get a kick out of. How some Husker fans have decided what memories of Suh they want to have. There were a lot of instances, mostly during the BC era, where he was completely out of control. In his first two years he accounted for a number of 'Unsportsmanlike Conduct' or 'Personal Foul' penalties. They were bonehead/stupid plays. I would say that before Pelini took his game to the next level, he was more a liability than an asset.

If this is going to be typical Suh the rest of his NFL career, he can stay off of the sidelines for any future Nebraska games and he can take back his donations to the program as well. We don't need it at this cost. The stomp really wasn't that bad until you consider everything that's been going with him this year and then his excuse post game was absolutely pathetic and embarrassing. I love the guy and love watching him play but he has got some issues upstairs right now and needs to get them straightened out. The stupid thing is he is digging his own hole for the rest of his career. You don't think opposing teams will try to get under his skin now?

Suh is my all-time favorite Husker, but I lost a lot of respect for him yesterday. To me, the kick was dirty but not a huge deal. Sh!t happens in the heat of the moment especially in the trenches, but his BS excuse in the post-game presser was pathetic. "I lost my balance and as I tried to regain it, I accidentally stepped on him." Really Suh?

If he would've owned up to his mistake and said he lost his cool then there isn't much to see here. But for him to come up with that god awful excuse trying to defend his actions.... Deplorable. He's already under the microscope for his suspected dirty play and then he goes and does something like that on Thanksgiving when pretty much the whole country is watching? Idiotic. He's building quite the terrible reputation and it saddens me as a huge fan of his.

Suh is my all-time favorite Husker, but I lost a lot of respect for him yesterday. To me, the kick was dirty but not a huge deal. Sh!t happens in the heat of the moment especially in the trenches, but his BS excuse in the post-game presser was pathetic. "I lost my balance and as I tried to regain it, I accidentally stepped on him." Really Suh?

If he would've owned up to his mistake and said he lost his cool then there isn't much to see here. But for him to come up with that god awful excuse trying to defend his actions.... Deplorable. He's already under the microscope for his suspected dirty play and then he goes and does something like that on Thanksgiving when pretty much the whole country is watching? Idiotic. He's building quite the terrible reputation and it saddens me as a huge fan of his.

Totally agree, he should have said he was frustrated at getting blatantly held the previous two plays, which drew no flags, and lost his cool in the heat of the moment. He's already a target of the officials, now that bullseye just got a whole lot bigger as teams will start to pick at him to get him to go off.

We really need more thought from the other side on this one. Put yourself in his shoes for argument's sake. You been told that you're a star. You play aggressive and hard. You make a handful of aggressive plays that draw flags. The spotlight is already on you. Now you're trying to do the right thing. You talk to the commissioner, you donate to your old school, you get involved with the community but you're being told to play aggressive but don't over do it. Now you've got a target on your back and all you want to do is play football.

You're now under a microscope by the announcers, league, officials and fans. You then have a tough game against the best team in the league and tempers are hot. If I had more free time I'd go back and watch the whole game to see what else was going on. This isn't just a single play that Suh suddenly lost his cool. I'm sure it was building all game long and who knows what the lineman had been doing or saying.

Now onto the stomp and pushing the guy's head into the turf. I saw him get his leg bent under him. I also saw the guard fall on him. I saw a Suh pushing the guy into the ground by his helmet...but he was already there. He leaned onto him and you could tell words were being exchanged. The stomp was unfortunate but at the same time it seemed to me like he backed out of it a little. I mean it was a "SONOFABI...tch...." moment...he could've really stomped on him with those cleats but it turned into more of a frustrated poke with the foot. Wrong yes but I really don't believe suh wanted to hurt him at that moment.

As far as the suspension...it'll happen and that's fine. He's got to learn to not make himself a target. Just apologize for losing your cool and move on. Like Bo and the A&M game last year. He's had no issues since. Gotta take yourself out of that spotlight.

I can kinda understand his reaction in the heat of the moment, although put in perspective with his pattern of play, he's going to get a well-deserved suspension. The excuse at the presser was just embarrassing.

Suh is clearly a dichotomy. He's almost Jekyll & Hyde - super-sweet at times, but his dark side is really starting to come out in his professional career. And let's not forget that he wasn't squeaky-clean here at Nebraska, either. He didn't play dirty, but there were off-field issues. Guy has to get his head on straight. I don't believe for a second that he's a bad guy. He's just out of control.

I like Suh as much as the next Huskers fan, but during his college career, I watched a few instances where I cringed. The way he tackled Gabbert during the game in the rain and tossing McCoy the way he did in the Big 12 CCG are two that really jump out at me right now.

I can't believe you are even bringing these up. Turn in your man card. Yesterday he crossed the line. But these 2 examples are pathetic.

I love Suh as well and can't blame a young man for have an emotional mental lapse in judgement. What a fan, teammate, coach, league, etc. can't stand for is the "explanation". Suh needs to own what he did. Admit he got caught up in the moment, got frustrated because of a cheap shot and let it get the best of him. By trying to explain it away, when it's clear on video that he was in the wrong, is coming across as delusional. Like he really doesn't feel that what he did was wrong in any way. It was wrong and he needs to come clean and fix it. Sure there's a fine line between aggressive play and just being dirty, but he's got to find that line and operate on the right side of it.

I don't get where people are seeing Suh "leaning" on Dietrich-Smith. He repeatedly pushed his head into the ground.

I'm not really sure how else to describe it. He was shoving his head into the turf but his head was already in the turf. To me that's leaning into the guy and keeping him down.

And the people (self included) that are defending suh aren't excusing his actions. Just thinking of the other side of things for discussion. It's a forum. You discuss. I make up my own mind based on discussion. Nobody else has to care.