The "Suuuuuuuuuuh" Thread

Nexus

What the f#*k is this sh#t

New York Jets guard Matt Slauson played with controversial Detroit Lions defensive lineman Ndamukong Suh in college, but he is no fan of his former teammate.

"He was well-respected for his ability, but everybody kind of knew who he was," Slauson said. "He wasn't well-liked."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Former-teammate-Matt-Slauson-blasts-Detroit-Lions-star-Ndamukong-Suh-112511

Not to bag on a former Husker, but consider the source.

Suh just released a statement from his facebook page about an hour ago.

"In the past few hours, I have had time to reflect on yesterday’s game and I want to sincerely apologize for letting my teammates down, the organization, and especially to my fans who look to me for positive inspiration.

Playing professional sports is not a game. It is a profession with great responsibility, and where performance on and off the field should never be compromised. It requires a calm and determined demeanor, which cannot be derailed by the game, referee calls, fans or other players. I want to reiterate my commitment to working to become a better player, and professional—on and off the field. My reaction on Thursday was unacceptable. I made a mistake, and have learned from it. I hope to direct the focus back to the task at hand — by winning."

http://www.facebook.com/suh90?sk=wall

"In the past few hours, I have had time to reflect on yesterday’s game and I want to sincerely apologize for letting my teammates down, the organization, and especially to my fans who look to me for positive inspiration.

Playing professional sports is not a game. It is a profession with great responsibility, and where performance on and off the field should never be compromised. It requires a calm and determined demeanor, which cannot be derailed by the game, referee calls, fans or other players. I want to reiterate my commitment to working to become a better player, and professional—on and off the field. My reaction on Thursday was unacceptable. I made a mistake, and have learned from it. I hope to direct the focus back to the task at hand — by winning."

basically anyone who defended him was wrong, because he apologized and realized his actions were 'unacceptable'.

Done and closed. No more arguing needed.

Seems a bit strange that Slauson knows of these ugly incidents with Suh, but they went unreported and he won't comment on what they actually were.

If some guy on the team is beating up other members of the team, something will be said or done about it, no matter how good the guy is. Either they were scared sh*tless of him, or Slauson has a personal vendetta for some reason. If it actually happened, the fact that Slauson saw it happen and said nothing to the coaches doesn't exactly reflect well on him.

This all seems really clear to me just from his pattern of play. The kid is dirty. He breaks rules...violently, and he is going to seriously hurt someone. Call it aggressive but its wrong. It's dirty.

Punched Cutler

Kicked Dietrich

Damn near ripped Delhome's head off

...and then that weak ass apology, comment or whatever that was supposed to be.

I get it, he was a Husker, but come on people. Suspend his ass fast.

As a Badger fan, I am pretty sure that you have not followed SUH's career while at NU. Folks are not defending him so much as finding it hard to believe that he is doing this. While at NU, I never remember this type of play nor heard anything from other teams about "dirty play". As a die hard fan, I am disappointed in him. He needs to clean up his act or his career and rep will be short lived. I would not be surprised to see O lineman trying to extract a little "justice" in the future.

I agree on the justice. It's easier for an offensive lineman to get away with going after a knee during the play than for him to "gain his balance" after the play.

I've said it once and I'll say it again:

You're not going to find objectivity from anyone on this board when discussing matters. It will not happen. We are going to be subjective and our viewpoints are going to clash with regards to this matter. Once both sides accept this we can get to the crux of the matter--he should be suspended, but at the same time, it's not like what he did doesn't happen EVERY week in the NFL. Players do that stuff to each other, be they Vikings, Cardinals, Lions, Packers, Bears, Eagles, Saints, Colts, Steelers, Ravens, etc... it happens on EVERY team on EVERY Sunday.

Suh just happened to get caught in broad daylight.

1 - Suh apologized for letting his team down...he didn't admit to trying to hurt the guy. "apologize for letting my teammates down".

2 - I still say he didn't try to stop on his arm w/ any force. THE GUY DIDN'T EVEN FLINCH WHY WON'T ANYONE EVER MENTION THIS HUUUUUUGE FACT??????? If he would put ANY meaningful pressure on his arm w/ that stomp he would made some sort of painful reaction. HE MADE NONE and when he got up he didn't even look at his arm. So how can you not conclude that the only bad thing about the stomp is what it appeared to look like on the surface....and it's all just knee jerk reactions.

Am I missing something here? No one made a single comment on this the first time I mentioned it. How can something so obvious to me not get a mention from any NU fans let alone the media... 310 lb man stomps on a guys arm w/ cleats and the guys doesn't even clinch...either Bruce Willis isn't the only "unbreakable" out there...or the stomp is a nonstory.

What the f#*k is this sh#t

New York Jets guard Matt Slauson played with controversial Detroit Lions defensive lineman Ndamukong Suh in college, but he is no fan of his former teammate.

"He was well-respected for his ability, but everybody kind of knew who he was," Slauson said. "He wasn't well-liked."

http://msn.foxsports...kong-Suh-112511

I wish these idiots would quit talking sh#t about their Husker teammates.

"There's a lot of people in Nebraska that aren't very pleased right now," Slauson said. "The University of Nebraska has always prided itself on producing high-character guys, and [he isn't one of them]."

I prefer Suh to Slauson right now...

Pretty sure just about everyone always has prefered Suh to Slauson and I'm sure his jets organization would too given the option to have Suh but release Slauson...

You know what, you call a guy dirty for two seasons strait, he'll be dirty. The NFL is basically the WWF anyways, full of sissy quarterbacks and receivers that are pretty much untouchable and a hype machine that is basically trying to manufacture TMZ like drama. They got what they wanted, a villain. Doesn't matter that we all know he's a pretty smart, decent, and generous guy.

Suh was labeled a dirty player after what, the second game of his career? After one penalty?

People aren't going to let him shake the dirty reputation no matter what, and the fact that he's such a high profile player only exacerbates it. They don't care about whatever stats he may put up, they're just waiting for the next scandalous headline so they can climb upon their high horse and further affirm their opinion.

f#*k em.

1 - Suh apologized for letting his team down...he didn't admit to trying to hurt the guy. "apologize for letting my teammates down".

2 - I still say he didn't try to stop on his arm w/ any force. THE GUY DIDN'T EVEN FLINCH WHY WON'T ANYONE EVER MENTION THIS HUUUUUUGE FACT??????? If he would put ANY meaningful pressure on his arm w/ that stomp he would made some sort of painful reaction. HE MADE NONE and when he got up he didn't even look at his arm. So how can you not conclude that the only bad thing about the stomp is what it appeared to look like on the surface....and it's all just knee jerk reactions.

Am I missing something here? No one made a single comment on this the first time I mentioned it. How can something so obvious to me not get a mention from any NU fans let alone the media... 310 lb man stomps on a guys arm w/ cleats and the guys doesn't even clinch...either Bruce Willis isn't the only "unbreakable" out there...or the stomp is a nonstory.

His "apology" was embarrassing, as well as cringe-worthy. The best thing he could've done was own up to his actions right away. He did not. That's what people are jumping on him for.

And as for your second point: the stomp is OK because he didn't hurt the guy? Frankly, that's bullsh#t.

• Fire 2

basically anyone who defended him was wrong, because he apologized and realized his actions were 'unacceptable'.

Done and closed. No more arguing needed.

How do you figure that? There are two sides to every story. I was "defending" suh because I was interested in discussing his perspective. Plus his apology could have something to do with his own organization calling him out publically...