The "Suuuuuuuuuuh" Thread

Nexus

1 - Suh apologized for letting his team down...he didn't admit to trying to hurt the guy. "apologize for letting my teammates down".

2 - I still say he didn't try to stop on his arm w/ any force. THE GUY DIDN'T EVEN FLINCH WHY WON'T ANYONE EVER MENTION THIS HUUUUUUGE FACT??????? If he would put ANY meaningful pressure on his arm w/ that stomp he would made some sort of painful reaction. HE MADE NONE and when he got up he didn't even look at his arm. So how can you not conclude that the only bad thing about the stomp is what it appeared to look like on the surface....and it's all just knee jerk reactions.

Am I missing something here? No one made a single comment on this the first time I mentioned it. How can something so obvious to me not get a mention from any NU fans let alone the media... 310 lb man stomps on a guys arm w/ cleats and the guys doesn't even clinch...either Bruce Willis isn't the only "unbreakable" out there...or the stomp is a nonstory.

His "apology" was embarrassing, as well as cringe-worthy. The best thing he could've done was own up to his actions right away. He did not. That's what people are jumping on him for.

And as for your second point: the stomp is OK because he didn't hurt the guy? Frankly, that's bullsh#t.

He apologized though, that should count for something. If you're mad for him not apologizing for his actions, and even after he apologized, however late and "cringe-worthy" it was, you're still mad, well-that's not exactly being reasonable.

1 - Suh apologized for letting his team down...he didn't admit to trying to hurt the guy. "apologize for letting my teammates down".

2 - I still say he didn't try to stop on his arm w/ any force. THE GUY DIDN'T EVEN FLINCH WHY WON'T ANYONE EVER MENTION THIS HUUUUUUGE FACT??????? If he would put ANY meaningful pressure on his arm w/ that stomp he would made some sort of painful reaction. HE MADE NONE and when he got up he didn't even look at his arm. So how can you not conclude that the only bad thing about the stomp is what it appeared to look like on the surface....and it's all just knee jerk reactions.

Am I missing something here? No one made a single comment on this the first time I mentioned it. How can something so obvious to me not get a mention from any NU fans let alone the media... 310 lb man stomps on a guys arm w/ cleats and the guys doesn't even clinch...either Bruce Willis isn't the only "unbreakable" out there...or the stomp is a nonstory.

His "apology" was embarrassing, as well as cringe-worthy. The best thing he could've done was own up to his actions right away. He did not. That's what people are jumping on him for.

And as for your second point: the stomp is OK because he didn't hurt the guy? Frankly, that's bullsh#t.

He apologized though, that should count for something. If you're mad for him not apologizing for his actions, and even after he apologized, however late and "cringe-worthy" it was, you're still mad, well-that's not exactly being reasonable.

His apology sounded like a PR person wrote it. It did not seem sincere too me. He needs to just play football for awhile. When league will let him again, that is.

• Fire 1

Suh has become a national celebrity, a representative of a resurgent Detroit and is now worth millions in endorsements.

Suh had enough time to reflect on his actions when he gave his first clueless and unapologetic "apology". So the second one was crafted for him by a PR person in charge of protecting the Suh brand and reducing the NFL penalty.

I think I can be totally objective on this one: I'm a lifelong Husker fan and a massive Suh admirer, but he is on the verge of becoming a cartoon. He was not unfairly labelled as an over-aggressive hitman. He went out and earned it, and indeed kept promoting it. The tantrum against the Packers was by someone completely out of control, and that the word "misinterpreted" could come out of Suh's mouth hours later confirms he still doesn't get it.

Also, his needless over-reaction on what was otherwise a successful defensive play by his teammates cost Detroit a touchdown.

That's pure selfishness. Has nothing to do with good football.

Not much to defend here, folks. Trying to argue that the guy didn't flinch enough when his arm was stomped on is huuuuuuuugely embarrasing.

• Fire 2

well you just proved yourself to be 100% not objective. You didn't address anything I said directly but instead spun it and put words in my mouth. It's because he may not have TRIED to hurt the guy. Same as if you purposely miss when you swing a punch in to the air to release frustration/energy.

Who cares about the apology for the fostomp if the stomp wasn't even hard enough to hurt in the slightest?? Keep your eye on the ball guys. As far as we know all he has to apologize for is throwing a tantrum.

It's also BS how espn keeps going over his past fines and keeps saying he hit that one QB in the back of the head. It's been shown over and over..and admitted to that it was to the QB's back and not head. This shows they are biased against Suh because they all know they are lying on that one. I also haven't seen anyone give Suh any benefit of the doubt to even the slightest degree. As I've stated they don't point out that the OL didn't even flinch...which proves Suh held up 99% on his stomp.

At the end of the day...they really need to rewrite/make new rules for Suh. No more throwing down QBs...no more overhand striking as you tackle..etc. At least then they won't be making up calls that don't exist.

Hey Badger_HB...You seem stressed over the holidays. I hope your not taking having your in-laws in town out on Huskerboard. Mount up like Ron Jeremy and let all those frustrations out brother!!!! :horns:LOLtartar:bonesflag:

The O lineman said he did not realize he was stomped. That was in the ESPN article. This should squash it. Comparing that to Hayneworth raking his cleat across a guys head when the guys helmet was off is ignorant. Stupid stupid media trying to be heard. Also come on that lineman should have been pounded. The play was over, Suh was on his knees when that dude was continuing to bull over him. He was hooking Suh's arm and holding him down. The only place for Suh to put his hand to get up was on his helmet. That O lineman was holding on not letting him up. I would have been pissed off and angry if I were in Suh's situation. To have people labeling him this hard for what happen in that situation is dumb. Would I have rather he not do it, sure. Do it will damage him so he needs to have more control, for sure. But it lacks intellectual integrity to make think into as big of a deal as it has become. Oh and Slauson looks like a complete moron right now. He is one draft of free agent signing away from being out of the league.

What is the difference with how Suh is playing and how Jack Lambert played? One is burned at the stake and another is in the Hall of Fame. I am not saying Suh is a Hall of Famer, but go watch some of Lambert's plays on youtube. Aggressiveness of tackling and attitude on the football field is the same. The only difference I see is that Suh plays today and not in the 1970's. Maybe Suh is only guilty of trying to be two different people. One who is aggressive and mean on the football field and another off. Lambert was just a bad Mfer all the time, so people expected it.

• Fire 1

What is the difference with how Suh is playing and how Jack Lambert played? One is burned at the stake and another is in the Hall of Fame. I am not saying Suh is a Hall of Famer, but go watch some of Lambert's plays on youtube. Aggressiveness of tackling and attitude on the football field is the same. The only difference I see is that Suh plays today and not in the 1970's. Maybe Suh is only guilty of trying to be two different people. One who is aggressive and mean on the football field and another off. Lambert was just a bad Mfer all the time, so people expected it.

That's fine...but the game is different now. Players are a lot bigger, stronger and faster so they changed the rules or how the game is called to account for this. They don't want everyone to be injured and also crippled or worst after they are done playing. So players should be well aware of how the game is called now and adjust accordingly. So what you say is probably true...but mostly irrelevant.

well you just proved yourself to be 100% not objective. You didn't address anything I said directly but instead spun it and put words in my mouth. It's because he may not have TRIED to hurt the guy. Same as if you purposely miss when you swing a punch in to the air to release frustration/energy.

That's essentially what I said. I don't know what you're getting at. Are you saying he just stomped his foot and didn't know Dietrich-Smith's arm was there?

• Fire 1

Explain to me how this is illegal

Last time I checked, you could push someone down.

How is this dirty?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vtOrd1U5Z8

He got facemask, cool. So do hundreds of players every season. He got Delhomme at a weird angle and took him down the way he could.

The NFL is scared of Suh and they don't know how to handle him, so they default to flags and fines. The NFL is ridiculous. Even the Big 12, in a game fixed for Texas, let Suh play instead of making things up to penalize him for. (Media link limit reached. See Suh v. McCoy)

That is just as bad as anything else he's done. He's a freak of nature, that doesn't mean he should be prevented from playing football.

• Fire 1