The "Suuuuuuuuuuh" Thread

Nexus

Lost his temper. Acted like a child. Cost his team a touchdown. Brought the heat upon himself and needs to face up to it.

Agreed on all of this. I don't think anyone is saying different. However what you say above shouldn't and has never warranted a suspension. Just looking for a little perspective and rational thought.

If you agree with this, you should stop trying to excuse his behavior with a really, really shaky argument.

Even in real-time, that play looked like the kinda thing that gets players less controversial than Suh suspended.

Badgerfan, I would like to hear your opinion on my objectivity is subjective comment in this thread.

Oh no...I'm not going there...

NO! Dammit I WANT AN ANSWER

Ok well fine...It was an interesting roller coaster of a read that I couldn't put down. I would recomend it to all my friends and if I were a hipster I'd sit in Starbucks and blog about it on my Mac Book while slowly tweaking my handle bar mustache....that's my opinion.

I new you liked it! Forget psychology, I should become a writer!

Badgerfan, I would like to hear your opinion on my objectivity is subjective comment in this thread.

Ok well fine...It was an interesting roller coaster of a read that I couldn't put down. I would recomend it to all my friends and if I were a hipster I'd sit in Starbucks and blog about it on my Mac Book while slowly tweaking my handle bar mustache....that's my opinion.

Mhhh don't get cocky kid...keep in mind that my idea of fine literature is reading the backs of shampoo bottles while I sit on the commode.

Mhhh don't get cocky kid...keep in mind that my idea of fine literature is reading the backs of shampoo bottles while I sit on the commode.

Aww...talk about a self-esteem killer.

I just saw this on espn. Watch the Mike & Mike video clip. At least Suh is trying to get back on the right track. I just wish there was an older player who would take him under their wing and teach him the 'other game' of football-the ins and outs/how to keep your cool when you're frustrated. Suh is a big man but he's still a very young man. I know some will disagree and say he's been around for 2 years. Takes some guys longer to grow up. Anyway, here's the link:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7291726/source-ndamukong-suh-detroit-lions-called-roger-goodell-apologize-stomp

He got off easy.

Perhaps. I can see an argument for this being easy as well as a "spot on" argument. Clearly he was involved in shenanigans that need to be addressed by the NFL front office, but he also wasn't the only participant. The reason he's suspended is his (now lengthy) history with such shenanigans.

The guy needs to be an aggressive player. But that aggression needs to be controlled. If he cannot control himself.... well, playing in the NFL is a privilege, not a right.

The league had to do something. Suh hadn't responded to the two earlier fines, and why should he? What's 45K when he has a contract for 40 million? Missing a couple of games might turn out to be a good thing for him in the long run. Hopefully he'll finally get the message to keep his head on straight when he's on the field. He is a great player and will get better with some experience and a bit of maturing. He's got a long career ahead of him if he doesn't blow it.

1 - Suh apologized for letting his team down...he didn't admit to trying to hurt the guy. "apologize for letting my teammates down".

2 - I still say he didn't try to stop on his arm w/ any force. THE GUY DIDN'T EVEN FLINCH WHY WON'T ANYONE EVER MENTION THIS HUUUUUUGE FACT??????? If he would put ANY meaningful pressure on his arm w/ that stomp he would made some sort of painful reaction. HE MADE NONE and when he got up he didn't even look at his arm. So how can you not conclude that the only bad thing about the stomp is what it appeared to look like on the surface....and it's all just knee jerk reactions.

Am I missing something here? No one made a single comment on this the first time I mentioned it. How can something so obvious to me not get a mention from any NU fans let alone the media... 310 lb man stomps on a guys arm w/ cleats and the guys doesn't even clinch...either Bruce Willis isn't the only "unbreakable" out there...or the stomp is a nonstory.

His "apology" was embarrassing, as well as cringe-worthy. The best thing he could've done was own up to his actions right away. He did not. That's what people are jumping on him for.

And as for your second point: the stomp is OK because he didn't hurt the guy? Frankly, that's bullsh#t.

well you just proved yourself to be 100% not objective. You didn't address anything I said directly but instead spun it and put words in my mouth. It's because he may not have TRIED to hurt the guy. Same as if you purposely miss when you swing a punch in to the air to release frustration/energy.

Green Bay fans are rarely objective, ive come to learn that.