The "Suuuuuuuuuuh" Thread

Nexus

Was Suh's play as bad as this? lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTLlaMY_9PM

No, that's just idiocy. That's not even losing your head. That's just being an idiot. Jim McMahon was a punk, but that was unwarranted. But why you chose to cherrypick that clip out of all the dirty hits that have occurred is beyond me. If it's because I'm a Packer fan, great. That was certainly during the dark ages of Packer football.

The problem is the NFL & players do not like how dominanent of a player Suh is. Suh is going to have a watchful eye on him his whole carrer. Any little thing he does will be headlines on Sports News. The NFL is all about scoring points & making sure QB's don't take hits. They might as well put red pullovers & flags on them.

Yes, that is obviously it. It is all because Suh is just so good, nothing to do with the fact that he has Personal Fouls up the wazoo.

It is that kind of thinking that allows Suh to think he is so "special" the rules don't apply to him.

Was Suh's play as bad as this? lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTLlaMY_9PM

No, that's just idiocy. That's not even losing your head. That's just being an idiot. Jim McMahon was a punk, but that was unwarranted. But why you chose to cherrypick that clip out of all the dirty hits that have occurred is beyond me. If it's because I'm a Packer fan, great. That was certainly during the dark ages of Packer football.

Badger I chose this clip because I remember it very well being a Packer fan. I was also born and raised in Milwaukee Wisconsin for the first 10 years of my life.

But it's the principal of it all. He did it. Whether or not he injured the guy is irrelevant. It's like saying you shouldn't go to jail if you shoot someone but they're not injured.

The punishment is usually different if you shoot and miss vs. shoot and injure vs. shoot and kill. But yeah, he should be punished. I really don't know what those of you who are saying it was an accident or really think he was off balance are looking at. He was frustrated at being held or whatever else was going on, shoved the guys head into the ground 3 times and stomped on him. He may have taken something off the stomp, but it was still stupid. Get up and walk away. What was the point of his visit to the league office a couple weeks ago if he's going to do something like this? He knows he's being watched and won't get away with anything because of his on-field rep, no matter how good of a guy he is off the field. All he showed is that he can be provoked into being ejected.

The problem is the NFL & players do not like how dominanent of a player Suh is. Suh is going to have a watchful eye on him his whole carrer. Any little thing he does will be headlines on Sports News. The NFL is all about scoring points & making sure QB's don't take hits. They might as well put red pullovers & flags on them.

Yes, that is obviously it. It is all because Suh is just so good, nothing to do with the fact that he has Personal Fouls up the wazoo.

It is that kind of thinking that allows Suh to think he is so "special" the rules don't apply to him.

Why do people keep saying this? Do you know Suh personally? Do you know for sure that he thinks he's above the rules? If not, you shouldn't say stuff like that. It's pretty obvious that Suh has trouble controlling his emotions on the field. That's the reason he draws so many personal fouls. It's not because he thinks he's above the rules, it's because he has huge lapses in judgment on the field.

Why do people keep saying this? Do you know Suh personally? Do you know for sure that he thinks he's above the rules? If not, you shouldn't say stuff like that. It's pretty obvious that Suh has trouble controlling his emotions on the field. That's the reason he draws so many personal fouls. It's not because he thinks he's above the rules, it's because he has huge lapses in judgment on the field.

On the flipside, do you know him?

You probably won't believe this, but I have met Suh many times. I can tell you right now that he is not the type of person that thinks he is above the rules of the game. He is the type of person who has trouble controlling his emotions during a game, though.

If he didn't think he was above the rules, he would either a) follow the rules (your "huge lapses in judgement" might prevent him from doing this); or b) once he didn't obey the rules, he would admit it. The fact that he doesn't see that his actions break the rules is what brings me to the conclusion that the rules don't apply to his actions.

This is a rather obvious deflection of a somewhat astute point.

I don't think so. I think the "Well you don't know him personally, so you can't judge" line is used by people when they're trying to defend someone rather often. Obviously most of us don't know any college or NFL players personally, so that means we can't judge them or their actions? I've never bought that.

I don't think so. I think the "Well you don't know him personally, so you can't judge" line is used by people when they're trying to defend someone rather often. Obviously most of us don't know any college or NFL players personally, so that means we can't judge them or their actions? I've never bought that.

Except in this case we're talking about a guy who claims to know what's inside Suh's head:

Responding to this with "do you know him" is not a deflection or a defense, it's pointing out a rather obvious bit of hyperbole. Replying "Do YOU know him" doesn't get the conversation anywhere.

Except in this case we're talking about a guy who claims to know what's inside Suh's head:

Responding to this with "do you know him" is not a deflection or a defense, it's pointing out a rather obvious bit of hyperbole. Replying "Do YOU know him" doesn't get the conversation anywhere.

It was more of a question in regard to the conversation NebraskaDrumline and I were having than the conversation TAW and NebraskaDrumline were having. I just happened to quote TAW's/ND's conversation when asking the question. But it fit in the context of what we were talking about.

See Cactus is on to something there. I don't care who you are, if you are a fan of football at any level you must have some amount of respect for the Packers. You don't have to like them but you must respect them.

Nope! Screw the Cheeseheads! It's impressive that they are on a 16 [?] game winning streak, but I don't have a shred of respect for them. That being said, I'm thinking about buying a partial share whenever they release more. I know, I'm a two face.