The "Suuuuuuuuuuh" Thread

Nexus

Suh made contact. I thought that was pretty clear.

what's clear is if there was any contact that it was so light that it cause no reaction from the other player. Not even a slight flinch.

I've gotten clocked full in the face and not flinched. If you're basing your defense of Suh on the fact that a guy who got cleated in a fight didn't flinch, it's pretty weak sauce.

This proves nothing. Haven't you ever seen players get up after being rocked and run back to the huddle as if nothing happened? It's football. You don't want to show weakness to your opponent.

Your unrelenting defense of Suh is sickening. He was clearly in the wrong and how anyone sees this situation for something other than what it is (intentional stomp) is beyond me.

it proves he didn't stomp him w/ any force or intent to hurt.

it appears you haven't read everything I've said. Suh should have been flagged and ejected.

I've read enough.

How can you honestly say he didn't stomp with any force? Look at the tape and note how violently he stomps his arm. It was full force.

How do you know he didn't have intent to hurt him? Because he didn't get hurt? Great logic there.

many times I've said w/ no force/pressure. I'm taking about at contact. Obviously his leg comes down w/ force.

as for your 2nd question....you prefer guilty until proven innocent? Great logic.

You think the stomp didn't make contact? Good lord, that's delusional.

Guilty until proven innocent? It's on tape, that pretty much proves guilt. You can't deny the fact that it occurred. He's not innocent of attempting to stomp the guy. It's pretty clear he did. How is there any innocence in Suh's actions?

If I ever said it didnt' make contact I later corrected myself to say if there was contact it was slight/minimal...caused no pain.

Never said he's innocent...That's why I said he should have been ejected and received a PF. So the disagreement is on the "punishment".

You really think its not as big a deal because he didn't flinch? How could he flinch? He didn't see the kick coming. You mean becaue he didn't react to being kicked? Maybe because he's a tough guy who gets hit a lot so he's used to it, he does play football after all. Does that make kicking him ok? Hell no.

Suh literally kicked a man when he was down

Are these serious replies? If you touch a hot stove do you flinch? If you get stepped on by cleats from a 310lb man w/ any sort of force/pressure behind it, do you flinch/make any sort of physical reaction?

Come on man...at least hit preview on your post and read if over before posting it. :)

That's exactly what I meant and I was being serious. Does a boxer flinch when he's punched? No. Would it still be wrong to walk up on the street and sucker punch a boxer in the face...yea.

Please, as simply as possible describe to me what you see in the video from before the ball was snapped up until the ref said Suh was ejected.

Ok i did not wat to post but I had to after reading some of the comments

first the comment about Shu not even looking -- look at the phot he is looking right down on him with his foot raised

second the comment about other hits that did not get suspended -- most of those where during a play not in a fight well after the play was over

third the comments about the Packer not moving after the stomp -- not sure what footage you are watching -- the one i saw on ESPN he sits up after the stomp

fourth and this has to be the stupidest of them all -- he did not even hit him ---- SO WHAT -- he tried -- and that was WRONG --

and I said he should have been flagged and ejected...so obviously I agree he was wrong in what he did. However based on evidence and precedents it would be a lot easier to justify not suspending him than to suspend him.

dude -- the evidence is he stepped on someone -- you say with no force LOOK -- that was a full kick -- i dont give a rats a^^ if he hurt the guy or not -- and precedents -- like i said most of the hits that did not cause a suspendion where during a play not a fight afterwards -- there is a very good reason you do not see many fights in the NFL -- maybe some pushing and jawing but swings -- not many -- the Packer was LAYING on the ground it was not even a fight -- if both players would have been swing I might buy your arguement wi5h a fine -- only other time i remeber someone kicking a player while he was down was Hainsworth -- there is your precedents

I didn't bring up any of those past plays you are talking about as precedent. I just don't think he should more than ejected and that's that. We don't agree on what the punishment should be. I'm ok w/ that if you are at this point.

so answer me this on what you think should happen NU plays anybody tmart is tackled and the other player takes his helmet off -- swings it into the back of tmart's helmet- does not hurt him and really only swung it with little force-- only the weight of the helmet

Was that for me? If so he should be kicked out of the game and a PF be called.

But let's make it a more fair analogy. Say the player thought Tmart ran into him leading w/ his head...or thought Tmart was holding him down after the play. The player then takes off his helmet and swings it/towards Tmart violently but it doesn't hit him hard..in the helmet or thigh.

Not even sure this is a fair analogy because the player takes off the helmet and uses it which takes more effort and thought...as in sort of premeditated.

Same conclusion. Throw him out of the game and 15 yard penalty.

I remember when Tony Dorsett threw a football from 2 yards away right into a players facemask and he just got a flag. Granted he couldn't have hurt the guy, but if Suh gets ejected, 2 games and loses around 160k you'd think TD' would have at least been ejected.

There wasn't a full kick. Looking at the 2nd angle from the side it looks like a backwards swipe of the foot really. From the forward angle it just looked like he was trying to stomp the ground. The second angle makes it clear that he took a swipe in the player's direction. It was a frustration thing though and he didn't get on the guy and stomp on him, which is becoming the impression.

It's kind of like this ejection of Stokely. He swings his arm in frustration and hits a ref. But he obviously didn't go and hit the ref. I think Suh was mad, but not in a dirty, "I'm gonna try and step on people" kinda way.

Actually it's a lot like what Stokely did. Except w/ a foot instead of a hand.

so answer me this on what you think should happen NU plays anybody tmart is tackled and the other player takes his helmet off -- swings it into the back of tmart's helmet- does not hurt him and really only swung it with little force-- only the weight of the helmet

Was that for me? If so he should be kicked out of the game and a PF be called.

But let's make it a more fair analogy. Say the player thought Tmart ran into him leading w/ his head...or thought Tmart was holding him down after the play. The player then takes off his helmet and swings it/towards Tmart violently but it doesn't hit him hard..in the helmet or thigh.

Not even sure this is a fair analogy because the player takes off the helmet and uses it which takes more effort and thought...as in sort of premeditated.

Same conclusion. Throw him out of the game and 15 yard penalty.

I remember when Tony Dorsett threw a football from 2 yards away right into a players facemask and he just got a flag. Granted he couldn't have hurt the guy, but if Suh gets ejected, 2 games and loses around 160k you'd think TD' would have at least been ejected.

You're right lets go back to 1979 and eject TD. Still like I said had Suh played at Texas and did this to a guy on your team you'd be going crazy

Suh made contact. I thought that was pretty clear.

what's clear is if there was any contact that it was so light that it cause no reaction from the other player. Not even a slight flinch.

I've gotten clocked full in the face and not flinched. If you're basing your defense of Suh on the fact that a guy who got cleated in a fight didn't flinch, it's pretty weak sauce.

did you get a bottom of a football shoe swung into your face and made to reaction?

People were saying how he could have hurt the player...could have ended his carear....on and on... NO, w/ that fostomp that couldn't have happened.

all that hype makes it very hard for the NFL to not suspend him. THey'd rather make one player be the fall guy than take the heat from the mob storming the castle.

You're right lets go back to 1979 and eject TD. Still like I said had Suh played at Texas and did this to a guy on your team you'd be going crazy

You'll get to know me better over time. I'm no homer fan...I call'm like I see'm...in a rather consistent and fair manner. For example TO is too greedy and too unappreciative for moving the student seats to the top of south stadium.

I don't think that quote is from Slauson. If he really said that, the quote would read

"Sssssomebody nnnneeds tttto get him undddddder ccccccontrol, bec-bec-because he's tttttrying to hurt pppppppppeople, It's one thing ttttttto be an inccccccredibly physical ppppppppppplayer and a ten-ten-tenacious player, but it's another thing tttttto set out to-to-to-to end that gggggguy's career."

Why anyone interviews Elmer Fudd Slauson to begin with, I have no clue. If I stuttered as bad as him, I'd cut my vocal chords out...

"I've gotten clocked full in the face and not flinched. If you're basing your defense of Suh on the fact that a guy who got cleated in a fight didn't flinch, it's pretty weak sauce."

I'll believe this when me sh!t turns purple and smells like rainbow sherbet. I'll only believe this if you got punched by a 2 yr old girl. If you don't even flinch when getting clocked in the face, you should be boxing, not writing messages on Huskerboard...

You really think its not as big a deal because he didn't flinch? How could he flinch? He didn't see the kick coming. You mean becaue he didn't react to being kicked? Maybe because he's a tough guy who gets hit a lot so he's used to it, he does play football after all. Does that make kicking him ok? Hell no.

Suh literally kicked a man when he was down

Are these serious replies? If you touch a hot stove do you flinch? If you get stepped on by cleats from a 310lb man w/ any sort of force/pressure behind it, do you flinch/make any sort of physical reaction?

Come on man...at least hit preview on your post and read if over before posting it. :)

That's exactly what I meant and I was being serious. Does a boxer flinch when he's punched? No. Would it still be wrong to walk up on the street and sucker punch a boxer in the face...yea.

Please, as simply as possible describe to me what you see in the video from before the ball was snapped up until the ref said Suh was ejected.

Ok i did not wat to post but I had to after reading some of the comments

first the comment about Suh not even looking -- look at the photo he is looking right down on him with his foot raised

second the comment about other hits that did not get suspended -- most of those where during a play not in a fight well after the play was over

third the comments about the Packer not moving after the stomp -- not sure what footage you are watching -- the one i saw on ESPN he sits up after the stomp

fourth and this has to be the stupidest of them all -- he did not even hit him ---- SO WHAT -- he tried -- and that was WRONG --

and I said he should have been flagged and ejected...so obviously I agree he was wrong in what he did. However based on evidence and precedents it would be a lot easier to justify not suspending him than to suspend him.

I said that. Is there more than one view of this (i.e. shot from different views?) Because the one I saw was him kind of making a face like he was frustrated but he wasn't looking at the guy. I think we can all agree on this:

>Suh did something stupid. He broke a game rule. If this would've happened before the whistle he probably wouldn't have been flagged for it and ejected. As it was, he did it AFTER the whistle. Dumb.

>Suh should've done something about it right after he did it but he didn't. He screwed up but what was worse he lied about it. For me that was worse than what he did to the guy on the field because now he's not only done something stupid in front of millions of people but he lied in public too.

>He later apologized but by then the damage was done.

>He has now been suspended for 2 games and has to pay $165,000.00 to boot

>Can he recover from this? If so, how? What does he have to do to redeem himself for this. That it's not his first on field problem makes it even worse.

I will not be satisfied until Suh goes to anger management classes, does several public service announcements, records a hit charity single with Lady Gaga and or Elton John and apologizes to his victims' mothers by bringing them a puppy and reading them a touching sonnet that he composes himself.

Those are my conditions.

Then, just maybe I can think about forgiving Suh.