If T-Mobile cannot start next week against Iowa State

Green= fumbles

Lee= game manager whom knows the offense and gets us down the field. Lee is the best option. we played very vanilla because our running game was so good. he didnt have to throw the ball and that does cause inconsistency due to not finding a rhythm. look at tmart during sdsu and texas. same thing.

That is extremely unfair to Green, IMO.

He has a fair point though, HuskerJosh. With the exception of I believe the first game, Green has fumbled every game at least once. He fumbled twice in the Washington game once for a turnover.

I don't think Lee has turned the ball over yet this year. And with the exception of a few errant throws, he played OK and made good reads in the zone read game Saturday.

Lee looked terrible against Missouri. Cody Green should start next week if for some reason Taylor Martinez is still hurt.

Lee gives us a much better chance to win than Green. Lee has the experience and skill set to get the job done while Green has yet to show me he's capable to do that. Lee also turns the ball over a lot less than Green does and as we saw last year that is a big deal.

Green= fumbles

Lee= game manager whom knows the offense and gets us down the field. Lee is the best option. we played very vanilla because our running game was so good. he didnt have to throw the ball and that does cause inconsistency due to not finding a rhythm. look at tmart during sdsu and texas. same thing.

That is extremely unfair to Green, IMO.

It is unfair to to Green, but this thread is pointless. The OP has 110 post and I'll bet 100 of them are bashing Zac.

• Fire 1

He has a fair point though, HuskerJosh. With the exception of I believe the first game, Green has fumbled every game at least once. He fumbled twice in the Washington game once for a turnover.

I don't think Lee has turned the ball over yet this year. And with the exception of a few errant throws, he played OK and made good reads in the zone read game Saturday.

Okay...but you can't ignore he looked pretty bad throwing the ball. He did pretty well against UA, but was still 13/23, and threw 3 picks against Texas. I just can't see why people think Lee is such an obvious improvement over Green.

Green had his fumbles in the Washington game we all know, but labeling him for that game is a joke. That is like saying Martinez=fumbles, and he has more a lot more, and some have been really bad fumbles. Not trying to say Green needs to start or Lee needs to start, just gonna have to agree with Husker Josh on this one.

Positive for Lee, experience.

Positive for Green, an actual threat to run in the zone read game.

Negative for Lee, runs like a turkey flies, not pretty.

Negative for Green, hasn't learned to control the canon hanging on the right side of his body.

Hope for the best with Martinez, but if he can't go....hell play them both.

:facepalm:

That sums up my feelings on this thread.

Of course you start Lee if Martinez isn't full go. Lee threw one bad pass. He also threw one key strike to Reed while under pressure that kept Mizzou off the field and secured the win. He had another fine first down run. Aside from that, making two great plays and one crappy deep ball, what did he do? Handed it to Helu. Think he can manage that against ISU?

Gimme a break.

Of course you start Lee if Martinez isn't full go. Lee threw one bad pass. He also threw one key strike to Reed while under pressure that kept Mizzou off the field and secured the win. He had another fine first down run. Aside from that, making two great plays and one crappy deep ball, what did he do? Handed it to Helu. Think he can manage that against ISU?

Gimme a break.

Of his three passes, two were really bad. You'd have to be blind to argue otherwise. One was almost picked and the other was completely uncatchable. It took an amazing effort from Reed to catch the third, but at least it wasn't interceptable.

Gimme a break.

Of his three passes, two were really bad. You'd have to be blind to argue otherwise. One was almost picked and the other was completely uncatchable. It took an amazing effort from Reed to catch the third, but at least it wasn't interceptable.

it is hard to judge someone's ability when only given three chances.

I don't know, I get a weird feeling for some reason. When things like this stay so hush hush it always makes me nervous.

:laughpound

It's Sunday night, and it's Halloween, and it's just the first day after the injury. Were you expecting a press conference or something today regarding Martinez's leg?