NU/KU game

Nexus

Versus? ESPNU? Anything but PPV.

Last year we played Baylor on Versus.

Versus doesn't air Big 12 games anymore. And ESPNU can't show Big 12 games.

Really? I hadn't heard of this.

Versus was only sublicensing a few games a year from FSN. That ended at the end of last season. And games can't air on ESPNU because FSN sublicenses only a few games a year to ESPN to air on ESPN and/or ESPN2.

What ever happened to TBS and there football coverage? If I remember they had a few B12 games, and they pretty much started the Thursday night game phenom we are in the midst of.

That ended years ago. Where have you been?? :D

HAHA... Well I spent my late twenties and early thirties living in the Caribbean, it was pretty cosmic, so I guess I lost track of time...... Question retracted :LOLtartar

This has been one of the worst seasons for Husker games on TV. The only night games have been PPV.

Can't wait for the Big 10.

If it's night games you want then don't hold your breath for many if any in the Big Ten. Most are 11:00 and 2:30 games. No night games in November in the Big Ten.

That might change soon plus we only have 3 games in November that could be night games anyway

This has been one of the worst seasons for Husker games on TV. The only night games have been PPV.

If it's night games you want then don't hold your breath for many if any in the Big Ten. Most are 11:00 and 2:30 games. No night games in November in the Big Ten.

That might change soon plus we only have 3 games in November that could be night games anyway

The bolded part of the article is interesting to me. I was under the impression it was a policy enforced by the Big Ten.

CHICAGO — Big Ten Commissioner Jim Delany is open to adding November night outdoor football games, but he’s not overwhelming supportive of the idea.

“I think the likelihood of playing night games in November is not great,” Delany said. “But I understand we have more games than we’ve had before. We’ve got to find places to make them available and make them available in a way that makes the most sense.”

Nebraska joins the Big Ten next year, which gives the league 96 regular-season games — up by eight — and 22 are scheduled in November. There is no Big Ten policy against November night games, but the league’s television contracts prohibit them.

Past night games in November, such as Iowa-Minnesota in 2008, were played inside. The inaugural Big Ten championship game in 2011 will be played Dec. 3, 2011 at Indianapolis, which is held indoors and could be played at night.

“I’m not saying I’m closed to November; I’m saying that’s a decision that our schools would have to make,” Delany said. “I just think the weather has been an inhibitor.”

Delany said the schools could decide to move a November game from day to night if “they decided early enough.” Delany said the league prefers those decisions made in the summer.

Delany said he likes night games as a whole, touting the league had no night games when he became commissioner. This year, the league scheduled 14.

“I think it’s good,” he said. “I think it’s a different audience, a bigger audience. I think it’s fun. Not only that, but we have great weather in September and October.”

LINK

The bolded part of the article is interesting to me. I was under the impression it was a policy enforced by the Big Ten.

CHICAGO — Big Ten Commissioner Jim Delany is open to adding November night outdoor football games, but he’s not overwhelming supportive of the idea.

“I think the likelihood of playing night games in November is not great,” Delany said. “But I understand we have more games than we’ve had before. We’ve got to find places to make them available and make them available in a way that makes the most sense.”

Nebraska joins the Big Ten next year, which gives the league 96 regular-season games — up by eight — and 22 are scheduled in November. There is no Big Ten policy against November night games, but the league’s television contracts prohibit them.

Past night games in November, such as Iowa-Minnesota in 2008, were played inside. The inaugural Big Ten championship game in 2011 will be played Dec. 3, 2011 at Indianapolis, which is held indoors and could be played at night.

“I’m not saying I’m closed to November; I’m saying that’s a decision that our schools would have to make,” Delany said. “I just think the weather has been an inhibitor.”

Delany said the schools could decide to move a November game from day to night if “they decided early enough.” Delany said the league prefers those decisions made in the summer.

Delany said he likes night games as a whole, touting the league had no night games when he became commissioner. This year, the league scheduled 14.

“I think it’s good,” he said. “I think it’s a different audience, a bigger audience. I think it’s fun. Not only that, but we have great weather in September and October.”

LINK

What really stinks, and I know we are getting off topic of the thread, but the Big Ten requires ABC/ESPN to select any night games for the season in March or April of the year.