What We Need To Happen This Weekend

epocSoN

What about LSU then? They would still be ahead of us after a win over Bama.

Maybe. I suppose the best thing to happen would be Bama beating LSU, then losing to Auburn, and then hoping that Auburn loses to South Carolina in the championship game?

Thing is, we are ahead of LSU in every poll right now, and the human voters have so little respect for Les Miles right now that we'd probably have a better shot at beating out a 1-loss LSU team then we would a 1-loss Alabama or a 1-loss Auburn.

edit: It doesn't really matter right now anyways... Alabama is going to kill LSU this weekend.

If we win out, things will take care of themsevles. Im more worried about Iowa state more then anything.

To a point, if we want a shot of the National Title, although it's small, we need a lot of things to happen. Just trying to keep track of it week by week.

We very definitely do need things like this to happen to get to the championship game. Besides, it's entertaining to try and figure out what needs to happen. LSU/Alabama is the real puzzler. I suspect you're right that an Alabama win might be a better result to knock LSU out for good.

My guess any of the three with one loss would trump Nebraska. They have all played a much tougher schedule than us by the time it is over.

LSU needs to beat bama, Auburn has the tie breaker over LSU even if they lose to Bama, but Bama with one loss is going over every one. Us included.

I think if TCU beats Utah, we have no chance.

We need Oregon to lose, and I do not see that happening at this time.

But most important we have to win every game and do it convincingly.

HOLD ON... Your wife actually discusses college football with you???

Can she call my wife and explain how things should be?

Haha yes she is awesome. She watches me play NCAA 11 as well to learn different variations of formations. We sit in the student section for the games and the whole time we just dissect formations and strategies. Before that Kyler Reed TD I looked to her and said "You see kyler Reed? See how close the saftey is playing him, He's gonna be wide open on this play because they underestimate his speed, she just looked at me and nodded"

Looking back at all this stuff we need to happen, I didn't even think about Oregon. I just don't see a way that the championship can't be Oregon vs. Auburn. I think they are the two best teams in college football.

If TCU wins, who is going to jump over them other than Bama, not us. They will have beaten a top 5 team. are ahead of all of the others. We play no one to jump them, BAma does as they play the number 2 team and a CCG.

We play the south winner and it looks like it will have two losses is my guess. Even if Oklahoma goes on without a loss they are rated 8th.

Looking closer at this, I don't see a conceivable way for it to happen. I guess it's kind of a relief for us to just whoop it up every weekend for us, and not worry about the national scene.

Like you said I'm 99% focused on the B12 title. If it so happens the cards play out for us for the big game than so be it, but a 1 loss season and winning the B12 title before we head out to the B10 would be perfectly fine by me.

Don't forget what else we need to happen...we need Nebraska to beat ISU! ;)

This game scares me more than the Mizzou game for a few reasons.

1) It's on the road.

2) ISU has shown that they can and will commit to the run.

3) Nebraska has lost other games in Ames that they had no business losing before.

For those of you worrying about LSU, don't. IF IF IF they somehow miraculously beat Alabama (which they absolutely will not do) they would drop the next weeks game for certain. No question about it. An inept coach like Les Miles would never get a team to recover in time from a game like that. And even if the players made themselves recover, Les wouldn't be recovered and would blow the next game all by himself

Here are the semi tough games left for the top 10

1 Oregon

- Arizona

- Oregon State

2 Auburn

- Alabama

- Possible Conference Championship

3 TCU

- Utah

4 Boise State

- Hawaii?

- Nevada?

5 Utah

- TCU

- Air Force

- BYU

6 Alabama

- LSU

- Miss St.

- Auburn

8 Oklahoma

- Baylor?

- Okie St.

9 Wisconsin

- Michigan? lol

10 LSU

- Alabama

- Arkansas

Haha yes she is awesome. She watches me play NCAA 11 as well to learn different variations of formations. We sit in the student section for the games and the whole time we just dissect formations and strategies. Before that Kyler Reed TD I looked to her and said "You see kyler Reed? See how close the saftey is playing him, He's gonna be wide open on this play because they underestimate his speed, she just looked at me and nodded"

Looking back at all this stuff we need to happen, I didn't even think about Oregon. I just don't see a way that the championship can't be Oregon vs. Auburn. I think they are the two best teams in college football.

And where does one find a girl like this? Bo Pelini's football 101 for women?

And where does one find a girl like this? Bo Pelini's football 101 for women?

LOL my guess would be roam the student section and listen to what the women are talking about till you hear something you like lol.

Looking closer at this, I don't see a conceivable way for it to happen. I guess it's kind of a relief for us to just whoop it up every weekend for us, and not worry about the national scene.

Nebraska lost while giving up 62 points to Colorado in the last game of the year, didn't even win our own division, much less our own conference... and in the next 8 days, EVERY team that had to lose did lose, and Nebraska went to the national championship game.

With the BCS anything is possible... and there's a lot more than 8 days left in this season.

That said, don't get your hopes up.