What We Need To Happen This Weekend

epocSoN

Here's what I came up with...

-Alabama needs to lose at some point before playing Auburn at the end of the year

-Auburn needs to lose to Alabama when the two teams play each other

-TCU/Utah will lose this weekend

-Oregon State needs to beat Oregon

-Nebraska needs to win out

-Boise State and TCU/Utah would be the only undefeated teams... which if Nebraska were to win out would be #3 in this case if not 2nd by winning out

The BCS is not going to take both of those teams, so UNL would get a bid over one of them and get into the BCS National Championship game.

This is my theory, take it for what's it worth.... I'm just satisfied to see our team in the top 10 being a team people are afraid of after nearly a decade of suffering

If TCU wins, who is going to jump over them other than Bama, not us. They will have beaten a top 5 team. are ahead of all of the others. We play no one to jump them, BAma does as they play the number 2 team and a CCG.

We play the south winner and it looks like it will have two losses is my guess. Even if Oklahoma goes on without a loss they are rated 8th.

We beat a top 10 team last week, and if ou wins out, and we beat them they will probably be a top 5 team

Don't forget what else we need to happen...we need Nebraska to beat ISU! ;)

This game scares me more than the Mizzou game for a few reasons.

1) It's on the road.

2) ISU has shown that they can and will commit to the run.

3) Nebraska has lost other games in Ames that they had no business losing before.

Really? Wow!! 1) We tend to play really well on the road 2) Daniel Thomas-future NFL running back (vs Neb. Att-22 YDS 63 AvG-2.9 TD-0) 3)

Nebraska record vs Iowa State 84-18-2

I must have been following a different Nebraska team this season. They might play us tough at first but the only way we lose if it's a repeat of last year (8 turnovers, 4 inside own 5-yard line) The Huskers roll!!!

HOLD ON... Your wife actually discusses college football with you???

Can she call my wife and explain how things should be?

Haha yes she is awesome. She watches me play NCAA 11 as well to learn different variations of formations. We sit in the student section for the games and the whole time we just dissect formations and strategies. Before that Kyler Reed TD I looked to her and said "You see kyler Reed? See how close the saftey is playing him, He's gonna be wide open on this play because they underestimate his speed, she just looked at me and nodded"

Looking back at all this stuff we need to happen, I didn't even think about Oregon. I just don't see a way that the championship can't be Oregon vs. Auburn. I think they are the two best teams in college football.

And where does one find a girl like this? Bo Pelini's football 101 for women?

LOL my guess would be roam the student section and listen to what the women are talking about till you hear something you like lol.

Ah yes, the creeper method. I like it!

Anyways, I want LSU to beat Bama. Bama beat Auburn. Utah beat TCU. Hawaii beat Boise. LSU lose to Arkansas. Bada bing bada boom, we might be in the MNC.

in the next 8 days, EVERY team that had to lose did lose, and Nebraska went to the national championship game.

Exactly. I remember watching every one of those games. There were even some where Team A had to beat Team B which had to beat Team C, and it happened exactly that way. I'm not getting my hopes up either but our chances aren't that bad.

lets say Auburn loses to Alabama at the end of the year with both having one loss then. Bama makes the SEC CG and loses. We win out. Obviously we will be ranked ahead of Bama, but what about Auburn. I guess the late season loss would hurt Auburn in the AP and coaches poll and though it would be against a highly ranked Alabama they could slip past us. But does it make a difference for the computer and does it actually make a difference that Auburn didn't make the CG?

Don't forget what else we need to happen...we need Nebraska to beat ISU! ;)

This game scares me more than the Mizzou game for a few reasons.

1) It's on the road.

2) ISU has shown that they can and will commit to the run.

3) Nebraska has lost other games in Ames that they had no business losing before.

Really? Wow!! 1) We tend to play really well on the road 2) Daniel Thomas-future NFL running back (vs Neb. Att-22 YDS 63 AvG-2.9 TD-0) 3)

Nebraska record vs Iowa State 84-18-2

I must have been following a different Nebraska team this season. They might play us tough at first but the only way we lose if it's a repeat of last year (8 turnovers, 4 inside own 5-yard line) The Huskers roll!!!

I hope you're right, but hear me out. In 1992, Nebraska rolls past Colorado and Kansas, two top 10 teams in back to back weeks led by a freshman QB. The following week they make a trip to ISU with an outside shot at a national title still within reach and lay an egg. Ames is not exactly hostile, but that game really stands out. After 2 huge games knocking off undefeated teams, I hope there is no letdown. I am hoping for a beatdown, but if NU doesn't get out to a fast start on Saturday, I think ISU could hang around, especially if Martinez is not 100%, or Lee ends up starting.

in the next 8 days, EVERY team that had to lose did lose, and Nebraska went to the national championship game.

Exactly. I remember watching every one of those games. There were even some where Team A had to beat Team B which had to beat Team C, and it happened exactly that way. I'm not getting my hopes up either but our chances aren't that bad.

In hindsight, I think most of us wish those games went a different way. Miami completely dominated us in that game. Like others have said, the NC pretty much went out the window after the Texas game. Winning the Big12 title is the main priority for this team.

lets say Auburn loses to Alabama at the end of the year with both having one loss then. Bama makes the SEC CG and loses. We win out. Obviously we will be ranked ahead of Bama, but what about Auburn. I guess the late season loss would hurt Auburn in the AP and coaches poll and though it would be against a highly ranked Alabama they could slip past us. But does it make a difference for the computer and does it actually make a difference that Auburn didn't make the CG?

Remember, the AP means nothing in this discussion - other than some Harris voters probably use it because they don't follow college football. IMO, a late loss is going to cripple any team above us. In the human polls we'd jump any team that loses. Alabama lost to, at the time, a highly ranked SC team and dropped to 10. I think the next week when Ohio St. lost they dropped to 10 as well. Assuming we don't play any close games there will be no reason for another 1-loss team to jump us (even though our final 4 opponents are a combined 15-18 thus far). We need to win, and win big - and it might not hurt if Texas wins out leaving them 8-4. It makes the Okie/K-St wins less impressive, but helps our loss. If they finish 6-6 that looks pretty bad.

The way I see it (simple version in comparison to the theories above) Oregon, Auburn, Alabama need to lose once. Doesn't matter when this late in the season. That puts us up to #4 w/ the current BCS standings. TCU/Boise/Utah can win out - also doesn't matter. We'll jump Utah in the polls without issue by season end. Win the Big12 and we'll jump Boise, mainly because the voters would never put TCU/Boise in the championship. Assuming those 3 lose, this will be a storybook ending to the Big10 and their lack of a championship. We jump into top 2 because of our championship, Ohio St is looking in. The big question mark I see is if all 3 lose, and we are ranked above the SEC teams going into championship week...do voters qualify the SEC championship game as a better win than the Big12 championship. Missouri might have hurt us by beating Oklahoma. I am guessing a 1-loss SEC champ trumps a 1-loss Big12 Champ based on recent history.