What We Need To Happen This Weekend

epocSoN

Don't forget what else we need to happen...we need Nebraska to beat ISU! ;)

This game scares me more than the Mizzou game for a few reasons.

1) It's on the road.

2) ISU has shown that they can and will commit to the run.

3) Nebraska has lost other games in Ames that they had no business losing before.

Really? Wow!! 1) We tend to play really well on the road 2) Daniel Thomas-future NFL running back (vs Neb. Att-22 YDS 63 AvG-2.9 TD-0) 3)

Nebraska record vs Iowa State 84-18-2

I must have been following a different Nebraska team this season. They might play us tough at first but the only way we lose if it's a repeat of last year (8 turnovers, 4 inside own 5-yard line) The Huskers roll!!!

I hope you're right, but hear me out. In 1992, Nebraska rolls past Colorado and Kansas, two top 10 teams in back to back weeks led by a freshman QB. The following week they make a trip to ISU with an outside shot at a national title still within reach and lay an egg. Ames is not exactly hostile, but that game really stands out. After 2 huge games knocking off undefeated teams, I hope there is no letdown. I am hoping for a beatdown, but if NU doesn't get out to a fast start on Saturday, I think ISU could hang around, especially if Martinez is not 100%, or Lee ends up starting.

Couldn't agree more! This game the two remaining road games scare the be-jesus out of me. Iowa State will run the ball effectively and has enough of a passing game to hurt us. Additionally, despite their overall ranking (102/120) they seem to find a way to play enough defense to stay in games.

The major difference between this year and 1992 is that Iowa State didn't beat us in 1991. If they had, we'd have paid more attention to them in 92.

There is zero chance that we are overlooking this team. In fact, I would venture a guess that we're going to give them one of our best efforts all year. I would be very surprised if that didn't happen.

Sure, we may come out flat a bit after the big Missouri win, but by the end of the third quarter this game will not be in doubt. This is the most confident I've been in any conference game so far this year.

I'm fairly certain we don't need Auburn to lose twice. Losing their last game is enough to put us ahead of them, even though the loss is to Alabama.

LSU with 2 losses jumping a bunch of 1 loss teams to get to the title game and you think that a single loss is sufficient to keep an SEC team out of the title game??? In the current college football climate given how much power the human voters have, the title game will be an SEC team vs. someone else unless there are 2 BCS undefeated teams. If Auburn loses to a 1 loss SEC team then that team will immediately jump to number 2. Otherwise the next closest SEC 1 loss team will jump to number 2 from wherever they are currently ranked. Worst case scenario for the voters is they drop Auburn for a week to just below BSU and TCU and then the following week for the final poll move them right back up because after thinking about it the strength of the schedule is much tougher than everyone else because they play in the SEC!

If Oregon loses then the title game will be SEC vs. non-BCS because that will give the SEC the best chance to win another title.