Suspensions

Bradr

Like it says. Do multi-game suspensions carry over when a team switches conferences? I don't see this happening, but the old brain gears were turning and I would be interested in hearing the answer.

Suppose some team was switching conferences and the current conference set out a multi-game suspension for a player. Or even a suspension that extended into bowl play. If the said team is leaving the conference and has no games left to play in-conference, is the suspension still enforceable? Would it be binding in the following season?

I think that the last day of membership in Big XII is June 30th. I predict a lot is going to be said on July 1 about the old conference and Beebe

I wouldn't hold your breath for that. I expect nothing more than some coach speak and "we're looking ahead now, we don't worry about what happened back then"

Maybe some stuff will get out, but I wouldn't expect much directly from TO or Pelini.

• Fire 1

I think that the last day of membership in Big XII is June 30th. I predict a lot is going to be said on July 1 about the old conference and Beebe

I wouldn't hold your breath for that. I expect nothing more than some coach speak and "we're looking ahead now, we don't worry about what happened back then"

Maybe some stuff will get out, but I wouldn't expect much directly from TO or Pelini.

I agree with this. TO and Bo won't say a word. Neither will any of the assistants, the players, or anyone from any other team.

Everyone will just move on. We'll see the occasional article next year with the old "what if" angle and a couple of quotes from coaches around the Big XII saying that "it's not the same," but that's as far as it will go.

This is high-stakes business. This isn't the NFL where idiot players spout off in front of the camera. This is also why college football is far more respectable than the NFL.