SIGNED OLB/DE Max Pirman

was looking for this. this is a very odd recruitment IMO. Not only his he a solid committ (I use that term loosely) to Indianna but (just going off reported stats here) ...too slow to be a receiver, to small to be a DE, too slow/tall to be much of an OLB. If he can add 20-30 pounds maybe a TE or a weakside DE? Can't really imagine him putting on enough weight to move over to strong side.

please don't respond with the following: "if he can play who cares about how tall he is" or "i trust the coaches" or "rivals stats are never accurate", etc. you've gotta admit this kid is outside of all "normal" conditions as far as the DE/OLB/WR positions go.

We just offered this kid. He is a new target for us. Anyone have any info on how hard we are going after him and where he ranks on our board?

He's been sitting in the Rvals database for a long time showing an NU offer, but I never posted up his profile because he's been a solid commit to Indiana ever since we offered him. I don't create profiles for players who have already committed to other schools when we offer them afterwards. Cortez Davis and Steve Miller are a couple of examples.

We just offered this kid. He is a new target for us. Anyone have any info on how hard we are going after him and where he ranks on our board?

He's been sitting in the Rvals database for a long time showing an NU offer, but I never posted up his profile because he's been a solid commit to Indiana ever since we offered him. I don't create profiles for players who have already committed to other schools when we offer them afterwards. Cortez Davis and Steve Miller are a couple of examples.

except he's visiting for the KU game now...?...

except he's visiting for the KU game now...?...

Good for him.

I don't know why the coaches would even schedule the visit when we've only got 4-5 spots left if he wasn't seriously wavering on Indiana.

We really only have 4-5 spots left?!? I thought we were sitting at 6-7...man that sucks...

The number of spots we have left is iffy right now. There are a lot of situations that can play out and thus our number of spots will fluctuate. Bubba Starling could go Pro Baseball and never make it to campus. Braylon Heard could fail to qualify academically. Charles Jackson is well on his way to qualifying but it's gonna be close. And there are some other factors that could play out... so yes you are right. We could have 4-5 spots open or we could have 6-7 spots open depending on how everything plays out.

I know that height, weight, times, reps and all that stuff is great to look at. But somtimes, not most of the time, but sometimes, kids are just football players. Zach Thomas, Dat Ngyeun, those guys come along and they might not look the part but for some reason they end up just being good.

One of the best kids I ever coached looked like ememen, was a stick, couldnt run at all and probably never benched over 200 pounds but anything thrown to him, he caught. He ended up being a 3 year starter at an FBS school. Had he actually ever tried reading or writing he probably would have ended up at UNL.

Please dont take this to mean "stars dont matter" but its just that some kids win, some kids make tackles, some kids make catches. Is this kid like that? I have no idea but he might be.

I know that height, weight, times, reps and all that stuff is great to look at. But somtimes, not most of the time, but sometimes, kids are just football players. Zach Thomas, Dat Ngyeun, those guys come along and they might not look the part but for some reason they end up just being good.

One of the best kids I ever coached looked like ememen, was a stick, couldnt run at all and probably never benched over 200 pounds but anything thrown to him, he caught. He ended up being a 3 year starter at an FBS school. Had he actually ever tried reading or writing he probably would have ended up at UNL.

Please dont take this to mean "stars dont matter" but its just that some kids win, some kids make tackles, some kids make catches. Is this kid like that? I have no idea but he might be.

Who the hell is ememen? :)

Who the hell is ememen? :)

He is like a Weird Al type!

haha

was looking for this. this is a very odd recruitment IMO. Not only his he a solid committ (I use that term loosely) to Indianna but (just going off reported stats here) ...too slow to be a receiver, to small to be a DE, too slow/tall to be much of an OLB. If he can add 20-30 pounds maybe a TE or a weakside DE? Can't really imagine him putting on enough weight to move over to strong side.

please don't respond with the following: "if he can play who cares about how tall he is" or "i trust the coaches" or "rivals stats are never accurate", etc. you've gotta admit this kid is outside of all "normal" conditions as far as the DE/OLB/WR positions go.

If you don't want those answers, don't ask questions which they answer.

Anybody remember when Helu was a recruit? Lots of people questioning his offer and saying he'd be a LB and never see any time at RB. He now holds the single game rushing record. Recruiting isn't a science.