SIGNED OLB/DE Max Pirman

I thought there was an unwritten rule regarding Big10 teams not recruiting players already committed to a Big10 school.

There is. But Big Ten teams are going to have to get used to Bo and Company not abiding by that rule.

Aspeedlin and I just had a discussion and we were thinking that this commitment may mean that the coaches don't feel too confident in our chances of landing Devante Wilson.

I think Devante is USC bound, but Pirman does have alot of upside and room to grow and I am very happy with this find by the staff.

I thought there was an unwritten rule regarding Big10 teams not recruiting players already committed to a Big10 school.

There is. But Big Ten teams are going to have to get used to Bo and Company not abiding by that rule.

Aspeedlin and I just had a discussion and we were thinking that this commitment may mean that the coaches don't feel too confident in our chances of landing Devante Wilson.

I think Devante is USC bound, but Pirman does have alot of upside and room to grow and I am very happy with this find by the staff.

Aspeed, I think you should change your "most wanted" from Ray Drew to Lake Koa Ka'ai :)

He's quick, give him some time under Dobson and he should fill-out that 6'5" frame well enough to play DE. Not thrilled about taking a project DE but he does seem to have potential.

Josh Williams was a project DE and look at him now. He's a 260lb man.

You know the saying "it takes a village to raise a child" well it takes "Coach Dobson and his village 1 year to turn a child into a man".

That's all i'm sayin.

Aspeed, I think you should change your "most wanted" from Ray Drew to Lake Koa Ka'ai :)

Good point Sker, we have about a .001% chance at Ray.

• 2 months later...

Paging Mr. Dobson......paging Mr. James Dobson.

Looks like the two should become real close this next fall. Found this little blurb very interesting.

"Now 218 pounds, Pirman is expected to be up to 235 when he reports to Lincoln on June 9. "They want to be up to 250, 255 by the end of my freshman year," Pirman said, adding that coaches have told him he'll be a rush end on defense or a tight end on offense."

Linky to article

Paging Mr. Dobson......paging Mr. James Dobson.

Looks like the two should become real close this next fall. Found this little blurb very interesting.

"Now 218 pounds, Pirman is expected to be up to 235 when he reports to Lincoln on June 9. "They want to be up to 250, 255 by the end of my freshman year," Pirman said, adding that coaches have told him he'll be a rush end on defense or a tight end on offense."

Linky to article

Saw his film for the first time. Quite impressive. Max really sheds blocks well, plays really tough and pursues very well. Looked like he had a serious motor (great intensity) and also a lot of heart --- he stuck with the play until the whistle blew and kept fighting every second. have to love that. All the film was of him on defense as a DE. The notion is that he might move to TE. If so, we really have noting to go on to predict anything. Except... his ability to shed blocks might translate well to sliding open in traffic. And his toughness and motor will help at TE too. Who knows... this kid may be really good.

I would like to Max get up to 250, and become a stand up rush end here at Nebraska. Much like Clay Matthews or a James Harrison. We saw Cam Meredith try the spinner position, but I think max is more athletic than Cam.

You could very well be correct on that. As a stand up DE he might really prosper. he closes well. Now... he was closing well at 215 pounds. If he stays that quick while heavier, he might really be solid there.

That he could play TE too makes him diverse --- and that is a good thing to have. That makes him a nice asset added to this class. He might not have that star ranking that makes people stand up and notice... but his motor, his heart (I really like how he fought every second of every play)and his willingness to contribute wherever the staff wnats him makes him a nice addition to the team.