I have a blanket fort. You are jealous.

What's something, or several things, that most adults would scoff at and consider childish that you'll never get rid of?

I have a substantial Star Wars action figure collection. Funny thing is, I bought 99% of them as an adult.

We were really poor when I was a kid, and I didn't get a lot of toys. My absolute favorite toy was my one and only Star Wars action figure - a stormtrooper. When I grew up and had some spare cash, they re-released the Star Wars movies and subsequently the action figure line. One day while walking through a K-Mart I saw a display and that childhood longing for toys I could never have sprung up again. I picked up a figure that day, then another the next week, and now I have about 300 or so.

That was about ten years ago, and although I have them all displayed nicely in my office, I'm pretty tired of them and they're going to get boxed up soon. I don't know if I'm going to sell them or what, but that part of my life is pretty much over.

What's something, or several things, that most adults would scoff at and consider childish that you'll never get rid of?

I have a substantial Star Wars action figure collection. Funny thing is, I bought 99% of them as an adult.

We were really poor when I was a kid, and I didn't get a lot of toys. My absolute favorite toy was my one and only Star Wars action figure - a stormtrooper. When I grew up and had some spare cash, they re-released the Star Wars movies and subsequently the action figure line. One day while walking through a K-Mart I saw a display and that childhood longing for toys I could never have sprung up again. I picked up a figure that day, then another the next week, and now I have about 300 or so.

That was about ten years ago, and although I have them all displayed nicely in my office, I'm pretty tired of them and they're going to get boxed up soon. I don't know if I'm going to sell them or what, but that part of my life is pretty much over.

That is awesome. I was a positive nut for star wars when I was a kid (before, during and after the re-release and new trilogy releases). I would save up my allowance money for three months straight to buy star wars lego sets (the Millenium Falcon set cost a ridiculous $100, most of the other big ones, such as the X-Wing and Y-Wing, were always $40 each).

What do you mean by that part of your life being over? Do you not enjoy them at all?

Should use Nebraska blankets :D

GBR

The bottom-left most blanket, that you can't really see (because it's going up and down) is a Nebraska blanket. I just have the Nebraska part facing inwards so I can see it when I'm in the fort 8)

someone mentioned legos.

i have a severe lego problem. not that i buy them anymore really, but that whenever i move, etc., the toolbox of legos has number 1 priority.

dont touch my freakin legos. seriously. relationships have ended over my red lego box. im not joking.

there's pieces of random things i built 15-20 years ago in that box still together that i can pull from the rubble and remember the exact day i put it together and why it was so great.

fort on.

What do you mean by that part of your life being over? Do you not enjoy them at all?

I just don't do anything with them anymore. They sit there and collect dust, or fall over, or whatever. I'm a huge Star Wars nut, and I've made some models (Millennium Falcon, Tie Fighters, AT-AT) that I like more, that I can't display very well because the action figures take up too much room. I should put away about 90% of the figures and put my models up.

Also.....

i have a severe lego problem. not that i buy them anymore really, but that whenever i move, etc., the toolbox of legos has number 1 priority.

Oh yeah, right there on the Legos, too. I have more Legos (Star Wars, of course) than all the children on my block combined. I have boxes and boxes of Legos.

I'm currently trying to build an Imperial Fleet to go along with the ginormous three-foot-long Lego Star Destroyer I have on the other wall of my office. The action figures would be sold to feed my Lego addiction. Or for a Paris trip - haven't figured out which yet.

I just don't do anything with them anymore. They sit there and collect dust, or fall over, or whatever. I'm a huge Star Wars nut, and I've made some models (Millennium Falcon, Tie Fighters, AT-AT) that I like more, that I can't display very well because the action figures take up too much room. I should put away about 90% of the figures and put my models up.

Also.....

Oh yeah, right there on the Legos, too. I have more Legos (Star Wars, of course) than all the children on my block combined. I have boxes and boxes of Legos.

I'm currently trying to build an Imperial Fleet to go along with the ginormous three-foot-long Lego Star Destroyer I have on the other wall of my office. The action figures would be sold to feed my Lego addiction. Or for a Paris trip - haven't figured out which yet.

pics?

Also.....

I'm not a big star wars guy, but that Lego thing is awesome, I have heard they are quite collectible.... How long did it take you to put together?

The wife just said I could make a blanket fort! I'm kind of pumped.

Did she say she'd let you borrow the pants while you built it? :dunno

C'mon, man! You're the paterfamilias! You don't need permission! Stomp into the room, declare in monosyllabic tones that a blanket fort will be built, and demand her assistance!

Testosterone, FTW!!!! :);)

I'm not a big star wars guy, but that Lego thing is awesome, I have heard they are quite collectible.... How long did it take you to put together?

I believe it took three days. There are about 3,000 pieces. It's a very cool model, if you're into that kind of thing. I also have a Medical Frigate/Nebulon-B cruiser, a "pocket battleship" which is a mini version of the star destroyer, an Imperial Cruiser, a couple of Correllian Gunships, a Dreadnaught and a Lancer Frigate. I've built a couple of freight haulers and a Republic Cruiser (the ship that gets blown up in the first part of Phantom Menace).

I have the skeleton of a Venator-class cruiser built, but I need to buy a bunch of pieces to build the outer shell, which I don't have money for right now. It's about 2/3 the size of the Star Destroyer.