Rex Burkhead

I kept waiting for him to throw the 25 yard post pattern to the Tight End. That would have been amazing.

Me too! I thought for sure we'd see Burkhead throw a long one. I'll bet it would have been open. And Rex would have nailed the pass.

He and Henery are tied in my mind as my favorite Huskers. I have loved Burkhead since the Missouri game. He's just such a fighter and has the attitude you wish for every player. If I wasn't afraid of jinxing him, I'd also point out that he hasn't made many, if any, mistakes that I can recall.

He and Henery are tied in my mind as my favorite Huskers. I have loved Burkhead since the Missouri game. He's just such a fighter and has the attitude you wish for every player. If I wasn't afraid of jinxing him, I'd also point out that he hasn't made many, if any, mistakes that I can recall.

Didn't Burkhead fumble both last week and this week, but NU recovered both?

I don't remember last week, but I'm not pinning this week's on him. It was a zone-read and Green pulled the ball out of Burkhead's hands. If you watch the replay, Green pulled that ball out LATE. Burkhead must've been like, "WTF?!" when it happened. Can't put that on him, IMO.

I don't remember him fumbling last week- last fumble I remember was Texas and that was unusual of him. He's a really,really tough kid

I don't remember him fumbling last week- last fumble I remember was Texas and that was unusual of him. He's a really,really tough kid

he dropped a for sure touchdown pass on a wheel route against texas. he is a hell of a player tho.

Hell, I don't even think that he needs to throw! Snapping to Rex with Helu in the backfield would be just about unstoppable. In fact, the only thing that stopped it was putting Green back in. I would have liked to have seen how long that could have remained effective.

Ya I remember the fumble last week. I believe it was the 4th quarter when Zac was in. It was more Zac not handing the ball off late and Rex never had control of it.

he dropped a for sure touchdown pass on a wheel route against texas. he is a hell of a player tho.

Yeah, that is the one big mistake I can think of. I don't remember him fumbling against Texas; the only fumble I recall is Helu's. But the Burkhead drop was terrible and very uncharacteristic for a guy that is typically money.