Rex Burkhead

He and Henery are tied in my mind as my favorite Huskers. I have loved Burkhead since the Missouri game. He's just such a fighter and has the attitude you wish for every player. If I wasn't afraid of jinxing him, I'd also point out that he hasn't made many, if any, mistakes that I can recall.

ummm...

post-7591-022281600 1289123844.jpg

Oh man that is a tough pic.

He and Henery are tied in my mind as my favorite Huskers. I have loved Burkhead since the Missouri game. He's just such a fighter and has the attitude you wish for every player. If I wasn't afraid of jinxing him, I'd also point out that he hasn't made many, if any, mistakes that I can recall.

ummm...

:cry

ummm...

Lol! Hilarious pic. Yeah, that was a big one, huh? Funny thing is that I was sitting right on the 25 yard line of east stadium, so that was basically right in front of me. How could I forget that when discussing Rex? I must have blocked it out. Classic PTSD symptom.

Okay, but other than one of the most boneheaded plays of 2010, Rex is gold!

Oh, he was laid out and really trying on that one. It's not like he was half-assing and dropped a ball that was right in his chest or something. It was still kind of shocking that he dropped it... but yeah...

I guess when I see a pass that *I* could have caught, I think "What the crap?!" but when it's a drop like that, it's kind of understandable. He's not a pro (yet) and he's not a wide receiver (though he has pretty sure hands), so it's easy to forgive an occasional drop like that... it just happened to be one of many in a sad collection of drops so it stands out :)

Maybe I'm biased because he was in one of my classes and generally a good guy. :)

ummm...

Lol! Hilarious pic. Yeah, that was a big one, huh? Funny thing is that I was sitting right on the 25 yard line of east stadium, so that was basically right in front of me. How could I forget that when discussing Rex? I must have blocked it out. Classic PTSD symptom.

Okay, but other than one of the most boneheaded plays of 2010, Rex is gold!

Bonehead!!!!! you have to be a Nile Paul Fan!

Has anyone mentioned that Rex's 129 yards and two touchdowns were career highs?

Did anyone else notice that Helu was one yard shy of yet another 100-yard game?

What's funny about our RBs is that they're so productive this year that even good games kinda fly under the radar. Roy's had four 100-yard games this year, nine TDs and needs 70 against KU to break 1,000 for the season. Rex has 530 yards on the season, two 100-yard games and five TDs. Roy is averaging 7.3 yards per carry and Rex 6.1 per carry.

I'm as big of a Rex fan as they come. In fact, during the non-con games last year I even started a rex burkhead chant in the stadium that (sort of) took hold. He's a solid performer. In a two year career, I can think of one fumble and one huge dropped pass. other than that he's money. Doesn't change that the picture is hilarious though. Grain of salt people, grain of salt.

REX BURKHEAD

If he were to punch you in the face, you would have to fight off the strong urge to thank him.

His charm is so contagious, vaccines were created for it.

His legend precedes him, the way lightning precedes thunder.

When he goes for a swim, he doesn't get wet. The water gets him.

ummm...

LOL! That is one great Photoshop. Poor Rex. The dude has FANTASTIC hands. Hardly ever bobbles it. But he f'd that one up.

Agreed. I think its a great portrayal of that game. Nothing went right. Even the guy that has made few mistakes in his career can't haul in an easy one for a TD.. and it cost us a walk in shot at the MNC.. sucks, but yes, it happens.