Man Up!

You were wrong earlier and you're wrong again. Posting the same thing repeatedly doesn't make you right, it makes you wrong more often.

Ive seen you respond to people with this exact phrase numerous times. Maybe the problem is that you just dont have a clue what you're talking about. Maybe I am right and you are wrong. I love how everything that comes from you is gold but if someone disagrees with you they are just wrong.

It might not technically be a "rule" of HuskerBoard but when I see an Ia St fan on here trashing us it is Trolling in my mind. I dont care how long the guy has been around.

And Ill say it AGAIN. Nothing that is going on in his life would change my mind as to how I feel about him. He needs to leave his problems at the login screen. And who are you, Knapplc, to tell me differently. You dont have a clue what I might possible be going through in MY OWN life. You know why, cause I left my problems at the door.

• Fire 3

Cy is not a troll, end of story. He is welcome anytime, but just like everyone else, whatever is going on in one's personal life is no excuse for saying whatever and getting a pass. Not everyone knows each other personally and won't understand and it leads to flame fests like this one. Everyone needs to cool off a bit and back it down. Great game, tough loss for ISU, great win for NU.

• Fire 2

You were wrong earlier and you're wrong again. Posting the same thing repeatedly doesn't make you right, it makes you wrong more often.

Ive seen you respond to people with this exact phrase numerous times. Maybe the problem is that you just dont have a clue what you're talking about. Maybe I am right and you are wrong. I love how everything that comes from you is gold but if someone disagrees with you they are just wrong.

It might not technically be a "rule" of HuskerBoard but when I see an Ia St fan on here trashing us it is Trolling in my mind. I dont care how long the guy has been around.

And Ill say it AGAIN. Nothing that is going on in his life would change my mind as to how I feel about him. He needs to leave his problems at the login screen. And who are you, Knapplc, to tell me differently. You dont have a clue what I might possible be going through in MY OWN life. You know why, cause I left my problems at the door.

I know, it's a great line to use when people are being unreasonable. I laugh every time I use it, too. :laughpound

Who am I? Some schmoe on the other side of the keyboard from you. Nobody special, really. But I know what HuskerBoard is all about, and why it is as great as it is. I will tell you this - without question you are wrong in this situation, because you are going after the POSTER, not the POST. You've been around long enough to know better.

Cy is not a troll, end of story. He is welcome anytime, but just like everyone else, whatever is going on in one's personal life is no excuse for saying whatever and getting a pass. Not everyone knows each other personally and won't understand and it leads to flame fests like this one. Everyone needs to cool off a bit and back it down. Great game, tough loss for ISU, great win for NU.

Could not agree more, we won, we probably wouldnt hvae a game like this last year or the year before. Tough pill for Cy to swallow, but tough losses are part of the game.

And just so we're clear, I'm not asking for people to give Cy a free pass. Respond to his post, pick it apart, and tell him where he's wrong. Absolutely nothing wrong with that.

im sorry but im sick of cy. this is not his first troll post just look back and you will see. one example is when he whined that we are quiters etc. because the big 10 wanted us and not the lowly cyclones. sorry had enough of the guy and dont see any reason to show him any respect.

If we're going to throw Cy under the bus for a few posts against our Huskers and Husker fans, we're going to have to part ways with about half of HuskerBoard membership, and about half of all Husker fans in general. Bagging on the Huskers/Husker fans isn't just an outsider thing. Truth to tell, Cy is just doing what a BUNCH of Husker fans already do.

i understand where you are coming from knapp and in fact you, him, and i have all been here since the same month of the same year so we have both seen him from the beginning and over the last 6 months or so more and more of his posts have been like this one. all im saying is at what point does his "legend" run out?? imo just because the guy writes a few funny posts here and there (i have laughed at them myself)it doesnt make him any different than huckfusker when he writes the same type of stuff. an opinion is an opinion and trolling is trolling. thats just my opinion.

This post is somewhat offensive, but I agree with you guys. Cy has had the same type of posts as most of us. I too, have been a member for quite some time. I may not post as much as some, but I am just as guilty of posting a few, not so positive, things. My opinion is to cut cy some slack, he certainly posts stuff I've enjoyed reading and I for one would not agree with any action taken for a little venting. If this is found to be too offensive, maybe the woodshed is the place for it? Fact is, cy has had some very good posts and has been pretty honest with his/her feelings whether it be good or bad for his team. Lightening up may be the best for all readers? JMHO

Go Big Red!

i do not have a problem with cy. i like him, i like that he is around. i also think this whole thread is out of control and should be locked. however, i was pretty upset about cy's post, and re-reading it i feel justified in that anger. it was a tough game for the cyclones, but it was a tough game for us. honestly, the way we won made it feel like a loss. they beat us last year, it was a good time for cy and his iowa brethren. we beat them this year in a heartbreaking fashion typically reserved for nebraska. then he posts what amounts to a condescending, insulting, and obnoxious post. we were all throwing love and respect isu's way, and that is how he responded. i would not call him a troll, but if an isu fan just joined on saturday and posted that, i think most would. the post was uncalled for, the game was frustrating, and as he has the same right to say what he wants, i guess, as those who are 'too' hard on him.

cy is not a troll, but starting this thread was not the most judicious move, and he deserved to get called out on it.

i do not have a problem with cy. i like him, i like that he is around. i also think this whole thread is out of control and should be locked. however, i was pretty upset about cy's post, and re-reading it i feel justified in that anger. it was a tough game for the cyclones, but it was a tough game for us. honestly, the way we won made it feel like a loss. they beat us last year, it was a good time for cy and his iowa brethren. we beat them this year in a heartbreaking fashion typically reserved for nebraska. then he posts what amounts to a condescending, insulting, and obnoxious post. we were all throwing love and respect isu's way, and that is how he responded. i would not call him a troll, but if an isu fan just joined on saturday and posted that, i think most would. the post was uncalled for, the game was frustrating, and as he has the same right to say what he wants, i guess, as those who are 'too' hard on him.

cy is not a troll, but starting this thread was not the most judicious move, and he deserved to get called out on it.

See, I read it the way I read all of Cy's posts - tongue in cheek, half-serious, half-deprecating. Having read years of Cy's posts, I never once took what he posted seriously.

EDIT - out of curiosity, how would people respond if Roxie posted something similar to what Cy posted? Same, or would you have looked at it as not totally serious after having read years of her recipes?

That was a good post... :clap

See, I read it the way I read all of Cy's posts - tongue in cheek, half-serious, half-deprecating. Having read years of Cy's posts, I never once took what he posted seriously.

EDIT - out of curiosity, how would people respond if Roxie posted something similar to what Cy posted? Same, or would you have looked at it as not totally serious after having read years of her recipes?

i got it, later. he was doing to us what we did to him. i just think the timing of it was bad. no one was happy. just rubbed some of us the wrong way. that is the risk with sarcasm. sometimes people use humor to make a jab, or people perceive humor has backhanded. we have all seen fights start this way; there is a lot of tension, someone sarcastically makes a jab (either to break the tension or to get a rise out of people, humor can be used as a mechanism to vent your criticisms in an otherwise unacceptable way), there is a response and then unreasonable escalation. it is no better on the interwebz, actually it is much worse without the wink and nod voice inflection.

And just so we're clear, I'm not asking for people to give Cy a free pass. Respond to his post, pick it apart, and tell him where he's wrong. Absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Absolutely. Just want to set expectations for all that you can't go on a bashing binge and blame it on your sick dog, or something of the like and get away with it. Cy wasn't trolling and was pissed at the result, understood, I would have been too.

as a vegan, i find all of roxie's posts quite offensive. ( :thumbs )

• Fire 1

Absolutely. Just want to set expectations for all that you can't go on a bashing binge and blame it on your sick dog, or something of the like and get away with it. Cy wasn't trolling and was pissed at the result, understood, I would have been too.

Yeah. In hindsight I wish I hadn't brought that up. It's not an excuse, it's just a situation. It came across really poorly. My apologies to Cy for that.