SIAP: Bo Pelini's rants

Landlord

I'm OK with his sideline demeanor. I think he's even toned it down since the first year.

If players start complaining about how they are treated then maybe we have an issue.

I'm more concerned about other aspects of his coaching- like burning timeouts on defense when you might need them later on offense, the team coming out flat, turnovers and penalties, I think we burned some red shirts that I think could've been saved.

All in all- year 3 and we are in the top 10. Why are people complaining?

And if it seemed like he was more pissy than usual yesterday, it's most likely due to a number of things. 1)it's obvious that the team did not come ready to play for the entirety.

2)some very controversial situations with officials again.

3) With playcalling issues on both sides of the ball it was evident the coaching staff was in the same boat as the players

4) His #1 qb was not available, nor his #2 (Lee is 2, Green is 3, that's just the way it is

His frustrations compounded but when we found a way to win it he was releived explaining the mild press conference. But i really hope they get this focus issue figgered out. Last year this team had to play 60 minutes EVERY SINGLE GAME down the stretch and i'm wondering if it's had an effect on some of them into this season, for it seems like whenever we get an impressive win-EVERY TIME-this season, we let off the gas the next week.

I have heard nothing but complaints from the ISU fans who were at the game about Bos sideline presence. Thats how bo coaches with passion and i wouldnt change it. It was a frustrating game and he was frustrated. Its kinda hard to go into a game with a unproven qb, playing in a wind tunnel, and just play flat. On top of what sounded like very friendly spots buy the refs.

When your suspost to win and you pretty much lose it. That doesnt help things either.

I'm OK with his sideline demeanor. I think he's even toned it down since the first year.

If players start complaining about how they are treated then maybe we have an issue.

I'm more concerned about other aspects of his coaching- like burning timeouts on defense when you might need them later on offense, the team coming out flat, turnovers and penalties, I think we burned some red shirts that I think could've been saved.

All in all- year 3 and we are in the top 10. Why are people complaining?

And if it seemed like he was more pissy than usual yesterday, it's most likely due to a number of things. 1)it's obvious that the team did not come ready to play for the entirety.

2)some very controversial situations with officials again.

3) With playcalling issues on both sides of the ball it was evident the coaching staff was in the same boat as the players

4) His #1 qb was not available, nor his #2 (Lee is 2, Green is 3, that's just the way it is

His frustrations compounded but when we found a way to win it he was releived explaining the mild press conference. But i really hope they get this focus issue figgered out. Last year this team had to play 60 minutes EVERY SINGLE GAME down the stretch and i'm wondering if it's had an effect on some of them into this season, for it seems like whenever we get an impressive win-EVERY TIME-this season, we let off the gas the next week.

I'd also add that bo had a runny nose so maybe he was battling a cold. Illness makes most of us more irritable...

I have no problem with his sideline behavior. He needs to be fired up so the players are fired up. I don't always agree with him in reference to how he approaches the media. He treats that like it's a pain in the arse when it's part of the job. Hopefully he'll ease up a little with time, but I doubt it.

I have heard nothing but complaints from the ISU fans who were at the game about Bos sideline presence.

That's ok. At least our coach doesn't skip down the sidelines like a little girl. Like a certain ISU coach.

or how about him constantly fumbling around with his junk? he looked to me like he needed some Ritalin

I have heard nothing but complaints from the ISU fans who were at the game about Bos sideline presence.

That's ok. At least our coach doesn't skip down the sidelines like a little girl. Like a certain ISU coach.

or how about him constantly fumbling around with his junk? he looked to me like he needed some Ritalin

Bo was just a flat out mess yesterday. As far as istate fans worried about his behavior, they need to take a step back and put themselves in our shoes. Seriously. for a few minutes and think about the WHOLE situation we are in, including the part where we are the bad guy for leaving and getting treated like so.

Every coach gets after the referees every single one of them. Bo does it in a more animated manner. If his boss has a problem with it he will let him know. I personally do not care. Callahan and Cosgrove were never animated it seemed let's get them back.

Look, Bo coaches with passion.

The cameras seem to seek him out more on the bad plays than the good ones. They know that they will get their shot of Bo being Bo. He already has that reputation of being fiery sideline coach. I guess if some of the ISU fans were complaining about him during the game, they must be comparing him to Osborne. I guess they weren't old enough to remember Bob D. Bo's halftime interview as he walked off the field was, ahhhhh lets say a little uncomfortable in the way handled it, but if that's as bad as it gets, I don't think he needs to change his approach, unless it starts to wear him down. Ton of pressure coaching at this level, I hope he can balance his passion on the field and off. Maybe that's why he takes more time off after the season, before turning up the heat on recruiting. Lot of you were complaining about not having this staff around when recruits were trying to get hold of some of the coaches, the last couple of years. Doesn't seem be hurting recruiting to me. Winning helps recruiting and that's what Bo does, WIN.

GBR!!!

• Fire 1