ISU Fans

HankNU

The one and only time I went to a Iowa State game the students all had yellow Huck Fuskers on and were selling them. Though I had no problem with any fan at the game. chuckleshuffle

They reminded me of Kansas City fans, as when your walking down to the game in a opposing team colors the strongest thing said is your team sucks. <_<

I have been to every Big 12 stadium but yesterday was brutal at ISU. These fans did not understand the concept of good football. If I was a ISU alumni, I would be have been embarrassed listening to the guys sitting around us.

The guy next to me yelled Lawerence Phillips and convicts the entire game, and he wanted a personal foul called on every tackle. He must have forgot that football is a contact sport. The guy behind me yelled Cheaters every time a flag was thrown on NU and every time he thought a flag should have been thrown which was every play. Every time I would look back at him he would say "What are looking at?, Sit down". This guy was a pu&&y, and I chose to keep my mouth closed because we all know the saying about arguing with an idiot. Then the guy in front of me yelled T-magic sucks every play and he wasnt even playing in the game. And another guy in front of me spent the whole game with two arms in the air flipping off the Nebraska section. What am I leaving out? A lot. Why can't people understand the difference between cheering for you team and cheering against the other team. When Nebraska scores, I know my first reaction isn't to look for the closest ISU fan to rub it in their face.

I know there are these type of fans everywhere (including Nebraska) but finding a logically ISU fan was few and far between.

Yeah I actually just got to my house in Dallas Texas, I sat In Section 19 row 6 in the Isu family section. I had some dumb Isu fans behind me yelling bad things about nebraska.I was literally 40-50 feet away from where Hagg intercepted the ball and where Rex ran the Td in.

Overall had a great time at the game yesterday, the section I was in was mostly NU fans, but every ISU fans around us were good sports. There were a few husker fans behind us that probably could have not said the f-bomb every other word since there were a lot of young kids around, but overall pretty good. At the end a BEER BOTTLE came flying from behind us and landed right behind my wife, we could not tell where it came from but knew we had to get out of there. YES I said a beer bottle in the stadium! Walking back to the tailgate there wasn't a whole lot of chatter except for some obviously drunk college aged husker fans running through the crowd spouting their mouth off. There were bad apples from both sides, but I am not going to say that ISU fans were bad when I saw the same thing coming from husker fans. Had a great time and have always had a great time, Ames will always be a place i will go regardless if NU will be playing there again or not.

HUSKERCR, your argument is that a small sampling of incidents should characterize an entire fan base. Perhaps that is not what you mean, but that is how your argument is being analyzed. Generalizations make people off as ignorant.

With this being the case, there is nothing here about political correctness. You have an opinion that I disagree with. That doesn't mean I'm judgemental, it just means I think you're wrong. I have a right to disagree with an opinion with being insulted, and so does every one else.

So, perhaps you should keep people's mothers and personalities out of this if you're struggling to come up with better retorts.

i just do not like threads like these. there is really no point. i was at the mizzou game this year, sat by a really annoying husker fan. shouting off his mouth the whole game, whining and complaining, mocking the mizzou fans as they left. thought he was funny, no one responded, he tried harder and harder, and it go more unbearable and more unbearable.

however, that was the only dude in ear shot i could complain about. no way indicative of nebraska fans as a whole. i go to tigerboard and see people posting about how we were absolutely horrible to them. i saw nothing of it. mostly, husker fans just ignored mizzou fans like we ignore anyone else. getting into the stadium and back to your car is a pain, no one is really in the mood to be talking garbage and start anything.

these threads annoy me because i hate when people start them about 'skers fans, and think it is unfair to start them about other fanbases. all fanbases are pretty much the same. they want their team to win, and the opponent to fail. nebraska gets the most hated directed to them because we are the big dog. it is natural and we should be flattered. all part of the game as long as there is not any physical altercations, that is never called for.

• Fire 2

I have been to every Big 12 stadium but yesterday was brutal at ISU. These fans did not understand the concept of good football. If I was a ISU alumni, I would be have been embarrassed listening to the guys sitting around us.

The guy next to me yelled Lawerence Phillips and convicts the entire game, and he wanted a personal foul called on every tackle. He must have forgot that football is a contact sport. The guy behind me yelled Cheaters every time a flag was thrown on NU and every time he thought a flag should have been thrown which was every play. Every time I would look back at him he would say "What are looking at?, Sit down". This guy was a pu&&y, and I chose to keep my mouth closed because we all know the saying about arguing with an idiot. Then the guy in front of me yelled T-magic sucks every play and he wasnt even playing in the game. And another guy in front of me spent the whole game with two arms in the air flipping off the Nebraska section. What am I leaving out? A lot. Why can't people understand the difference between cheering for you team and cheering against the other team. When Nebraska scores, I know my first reaction isn't to look for the closest ISU fan to rub it in their face.

I know there are these type of fans everywhere (including Nebraska) but finding a logically ISU fan was few and far between.

I sat by this Husker fan at the Texas game in the student section. I also sat by this fan at the spring game. It sucks but the drunk a$$hole$ are everywhere.

We were in the NW hill and had a great time. There were the few "bad seeds" from both teams mixed in there. The best was the guy that kept throwing the Hook em Horn sign at all the Nebraska fans. That is until my wife says KSU says what's up and reminded him he needed to hold up three more fingers to match the titles. Shut him up the rest of the game and made me glow with a little pride.

Overall had a great time at the game yesterday, the section I was in was mostly NU fans, but every ISU fans around us were good sports. There were a few husker fans behind us that probably could have not said the f-bomb every other word since there were a lot of young kids around, but overall pretty good. At the end a BEER BOTTLE came flying from behind us and landed right behind my wife, we could not tell where it came from but knew we had to get out of there. YES I said a beer bottle in the stadium! Walking back to the tailgate there wasn't a whole lot of chatter except for some obviously drunk college aged husker fans running through the crowd spouting their mouth off. There were bad apples from both sides, but I am not going to say that ISU fans were bad when I saw the same thing coming from husker fans. Had a great time and have always had a great time, Ames will always be a place i will go regardless if NU will be playing there again or not.

I'd have to agree. There were some kids that dropped some F Bombs directed at me, but I let it just roll off. Some people gave me some sh#t, but it was cool. I sat next to a guy who get trying to instigate something, by saying "this isn't a top 10 team" and other sh#t. All I could do was ask him how many BCS conference teams could go on the road and play a solid team with their #3 QB and win? If there are more than 10, I'd be shocked." He promptly shut up.