All of the above reasons is why I play Battlefield more than Call of Dookie but I'm a fan of bigger maps, better graphics, destruction of buildings, and it's all around a more team oriented game.

Agree 150%. I love the teamwork aspects of the game--you get points for spotting (since enemies don't show on your map unless they're spotted or vehicle trace darts are used). The Medic and Recon classes seem a tad unbalanced, but nothing game-shattering (like the hacking or incessant, relentless n00b tubing in CoD).

And Fro--if you decide to pick BBC2 up again and you're on XBL, give me a holler. Got a group of 2-5 guys I squad with.

I'm interested in BBC2, but I played Battlefield 2 on computer and absolutely loved it. I've never been a huge fan of fps games on the 360 so I'm hesitant to plunk the money down for it on 360.

B2BC GotY Bundle has all of the DLC (save for the Battlefield: Vietnam expansion) and can be found for $29 to $35 on 360 and PS3, and $5-10 less for PC or on Steam. That's not too bad, right?

I broke down and bought a PS3 about a week ago. I haven't had a console system in about 4 years, since I got rid of my PS2 for lack of playing it. I bought Black Ops when I bought my PS3. It's my first FPS in a long, long time, and man do I suck at it. My K/D ratio is like .20 or something. Trying to get better, but it's frustrating.

I'm interested in BBC2, but I played Battlefield 2 on computer and absolutely loved it. I've never been a huge fan of fps games on the 360 so I'm hesitant to plunk the money down for it on 360.

B2BC GotY Bundle has all of the DLC (save for the Battlefield: Vietnam expansion) and can be found for $29 to $35 on 360 and PS3, and $5-10 less for PC or on Steam. That's not too bad, right?

I didn't look at prices so I assumed the Bad Company 2 was a $60 game. Since it's cheaper, that makes the decision eaisier.

I broke down and bought a PS3 about a week ago. I haven't had a console system in about 4 years, since I got rid of my PS2 for lack of playing it. I bought Black Ops when I bought my PS3. It's my first FPS in a long, long time, and man do I suck at it. My K/D ratio is like .20 or something. Trying to get better, but it's frustrating.

We all sucked at that game for the first couple months

Yep, the first few weeks playing online where pretty rough. The game took a little getting used to in the beginning, but I fought through it and have gotten pretty decent now. Black Ops is my first COD game and I wasn't a huge fan of the previous titles, but since it was an x-mas gift from my brother I had to give it a shot. I won't lie, I still lay a deucer every now and again. I'll have matches where I drop below 1.00 K/D, but that's usually when I'm playing Capture the flag or Headquarters and I'm more concerned with upgrading my perks (Which is hella addicting btw and probably what sucked me in the most.) than getting tons of kills.

It's funny though, other than a few issues I had when I first picked the game up. Namely too few levels, and the inconsistent melee system. (Seriously, how often can I be killed by a 6in blade from 10ft away? <_< ) I found that the complaints I hear about why others don't like the game are the same reasons that I do like it. It's may be because the changes made by Trey Arch (sp?) makes the game feel a little bit more like 'Rainbow 6 L.V. 2'. Which to me is great, but to others may have be frustrating.

All in all I think it's a good game. I had to put it down for a while though. After working my ass off for most of my Perk Pros I decided to start in on NCAA FB so that I don't get completely burned out on it. Once the DLC comes out I'm sure I'll be back for more.

In the meantime if anyone wants to frag, or if you're still playing NCAA 2011 my user name on PSN is Dr_Danko. I'm usually not on until the middle of the night, but for the night owls out there feel free to add me if you want.

Yep, the first few weeks playing online where pretty rough. The game took a little getting used to in the beginning, but I fought through it and have gotten pretty decent now. Black Ops is my first COD game and I wasn't a huge fan of the previous titles, but since it was an x-mas gift from my brother I had to give it a shot. I won't lie, I still lay a deucer every now and again. I'll have matches where I drop below 1.00 K/D, but that's usually when I'm playing Capture the flag or Headquarters and I'm more concerned with upgrading my perks (Which is hella addicting btw and probably what sucked me in the most.) than getting tons of kills.

It's funny though, other than a few issues I had when I first picked the game up. Namely too few levels, and the inconsistent melee system. (Seriously, how often can I be killed by a 6in blade from 10ft away? <_< ) I found that the complaints I hear about why others don't like the game are the same reasons that I do like it. It's may be because the changes made by Trey Arch (sp?) makes the game feel a little bit more like 'Rainbow 6 L.V. 2'. Which to me is great, but to others may have be frustrating.

All in all I think it's a good game. I had to put it down for a while though. After working my ass off for most of my Perk Pros I decided to start in on NCAA FB so that I don't get completely burned out on it. Once the DLC comes out I'm sure I'll be back for more.

In the meantime if anyone wants to frag, or if you're still playing NCAA 2011 my user name on PSN is Dr_Danko. I'm usually not on until the middle of the night, but for the night owls out there feel free to add me if you want.

All I play is capture the flag. Sometimes I defend the flag and sometimes I put on a running class and go after the flag. Last year. MW2, melee was terrible. I could start the knife like 10 ft. away from the person and your character just lunges into them. This year I usually miss when I try and knife someone. I've been playing COD since COD 3 and I sucked at it for like 5 months and then I became okay. Now im a little above average. My KD ratio is 1.46 but thats bc I play capture the flag and watch the flag most of the time.

All I play is capture the flag. Sometimes I defend the flag and sometimes I put on a running class and go after the flag. Last year. MW2, melee was terrible. I could start the knife like 10 ft. away from the person and your character just lunges into them. This year I usually miss when I try and knife someone. I've been playing COD since COD 3 and I sucked at it for like 5 months and then I became okay. Now im a little above average. My KD ratio is 1.46 but thats bc I play capture the flag and watch the flag most of the time.

Yeah I sucked some serious ass when I first started playing it. If it wasn't for the perks I might not have played as much as I have the last few months. My overall K/D ratio would probably be much higher but I found myself rarely equipping the Pro Perks once I got them because I just moved on to the next ones I wanted to upgrade.

I do need to work on my kill streaks though. Unless I'm using Hardline I rarely get past 5-7 kills in a row before dying. I still don't get how some guys can get Rolling Thunder kill streaks when we're only a couple minutes into the match. O well, maybe that's a sign that I'm still just a lowly noob in the COD world. :)

Edit: While I'm here, what are some of your favorite weapons and load outs? I was using the AK47U or the MPL w/ S.O.H, Hacker and Hardline when I first started, but after playing CTF for weeks on end I found the lightweight perk to be pretty handy in most other game modes to.

The AK74U is up there on my list. I used the Enfield for awhile while I was working my way up to the ak74u, so I still use it quite a bit. I unlocked the Galil, just gotta get some money up to buy it, it seems like a good gun, can't wait to try it out. Perk wise, I do like warlord or sleight of hand in the #2 slot, I have ninja in slot 3 right now, even though second chance is pretty fun, I think I'm gonna switch back to it. I haven't played much with perk 1 yet.

Yeah I sucked some serious ass when I first started playing it. If it wasn't for the perks I might not have played as much as I have the last few months. My overall K/D ratio would probably be much higher but I found myself rarely equipping the Pro Perks once I got them because I just moved on to the next ones I wanted to upgrade.

I do need to work on my kill streaks though. Unless I'm using Hardline I rarely get past 5-7 kills in a row before dying. I still don't get how some guys can get Rolling Thunder kill streaks when we're only a couple minutes into the match. O well, maybe that's a sign that I'm still just a lowly noob in the COD world. :)

Edit: While I'm here, what are some of your favorite weapons and load outs? I was using the AK47U or the MPL w/ S.O.H, Hacker and Hardline when I first started, but after playing CTF for weeks on end I found the lightweight perk to be pretty handy in most other game modes to.

I'll start will killstreaks, I use Helicopter, Chopper gunner and gunship and yes I get gunship quite often even though it is 11 killstreak. Try playing capture the flag and just find a good place to guard the flag, guys will keep coming and u will build a good killstreak. When u are close to a killstreak u like, go hide in a corner and get easy kills.. I know its gay, but don't hate the player, hate the game. I use the Commando with red dot sight and the AK47 with silencer. My perks are ghost pro, the reload fast perk (I forgot what it is called) and ninja or marathon. Depending on the class. If I want to capture the flag I use marathon. If I want to defend the flag, I use ninja. My favorite map is jungle bc when I get gunship and/or chopper gunner, there is no place for the enemy to hide so I get AT LEAST 10 kills with each one (as long as they don't have ghost) Let me know how that goes for u.

I've really enjoyed playing Nuke Town. It reminds me of some of the maps from when I use to play Unreal GOTY edition, years ago.

Nuketown is okay. I can never seem to get a killstreak going bc it is so small.

It being small is what makes it so fun. Back on unreal tournament some of my favorite maps were the small ones that guys had made themselves. I just like it so much becuase it reminds me of that. That's all.