QB Options

307husker

So IF Taylor is going to be very limited due to an unstable high ankle sprain (reported in Zac Lee thread) and Lee is done with a torn labrum, now what the hell do we do? Neither of these injuries are going to heal quickly.

Option 1: Cody Green and continue a similar gameplan.

Option 2: Rex Burkhead in a mostly wildcat and let Rex throw the ball enough to keep the defenses honest.

Option 3: ???

Is there another QB who is currently redshirting? Carnes? Would it be worth burning his shirt at this point in the season? I'm guessing it is not likely to happen unless Green gets hurt but is it an option at all?

We're in a pretty bad situation right now.

So IF Taylor is going to be very limited due to an unstable high ankle sprain (reported in Zac Lee thread) and Lee is done with a torn labrum, now what the hell do we do? Neither of these injuries are going to heal quickly.

Option 2: Rex Burkhead in a mostly wildcat and let Rex throw the ball enough to keep the defenses honest.

Is there another QB who is currently redshirting? Carnes? Would it be worth burning his shirt at this point in the season? I'm guessing it is not likely to happen unless Green gets hurt but is it an option at all?

Nick and Schick just mentioned Ron Kellogg would be the 3rd Qtr QB if things get out of hand....who knows tho?

Option 4 Cody Green and not the same game plan. Let this kid use that cannon hooked to his shoulder occassionally.

• Fire 1

Option 4 Cody Green and not the same game plan. Let this kid use that cannon hooked to his shoulder occassionally.

Uhhhhhh - :yeah

Unleash the Carn-age, and ride him all the way to a BCS bowl game victory. Shelve TMart for the year, then move him to IB/SE/WR/WB/KR/PR next year.

Just kidding. If the rumors are true, I have no idea what we should do. I don't like the spot we are in though.

Oregon may find themselves in this same boat to if their #1 gets hurt. Their #2 is out for the year and #3 & #4 haven't seen the field as QG's this year.

The ISU game would be evidence to the contrary...

CG makes me very nervous. With Lee I'd be fairly confident.

Hopefully Green will get in the groove with more playing time and he'll start living up to his potential. I'd think his comfort level has to improve with more time and repetitions under his belt.

Anybody know what's the scoop on Spano?

Probably will never play a down again at Nebraska. They say that he's 100% now but he just doesn't have the experience nor the complete confidence to play with his knee yet.

BTW, many people seem to be reporting Martinez is around 90% healthy and that the ankle is right where it should be. I've even talked to a few players who say Taylor isn't really having any trouble with it right now.

I've even talked to a few players who say Taylor isn't really having any trouble with it right now.

I sure hope this is correct. Having a ligament injury, the healing time is quite slow and at sub-maximal levels of exertion it can feel pretty good. Game situations demand maximal exertions though and that's what has me worried. I sincerely hope that I'm wrong and that Taylor is healing well.

I've even talked to a few players who say Taylor isn't really having any trouble with it right now.

I sure hope this is correct. Having a ligament injury, the healing time is quite slow and at sub-maximal levels of exertion it can feel pretty good. Game situations demand maximal exertions though and that's what has me worried. I sincerely hope that I'm wrong and that Taylor is healing well.

I was curious about ankle sprains and did some research on it over the last few weeks. Even if it is a ligament injury, everybody has a different reaction to those types of things. I had a friend in high school who played on a ligament injury in his right ankle and didn't miss a beat our senior year. Conversely, I had another friend who was out for four weeks. Everybody heals differently, but I believe the coaches when they say he's able to play.

Does that mean he will? I don't know.