flat

Karsaire

All year, we've never set the pace. We've always played at our opponents level. As long as we keep getting the W's, it doesn't really matter.

Kansas State, Missouri, Washington, and Oklahoma State would all disagree.

Yes they would...just gotta be consistent...I believe Kansas played their tails off...Kansas got outplayed...but Kansas also made mistakes and could have done a bit better. Glad we got the W...not the prettiest...but I'll take it.

All year, we've never set the pace. We've always played at our opponents level. As long as we keep getting the W's, it doesn't really matter.

It will catch up to us eventually if it keeps happening

It's not true the majority of the games this year we have set the pace. WKU, Idaho, Washington, Kansas State, and Mizzouri we set the pace for and controlled the game. Just becuase we don't put up 50 points every game doesn't mean we are not dominant. The Okie state, KU, and SDSU games were close scores but I never felt worried about losing during those games.

It's not true the majority of the games this year we have set the pace. WKU, Idaho, Washington, Kansas State, and Mizzouri we set the pace for and controlled the game. Just becuase we don't put up 50 points every game doesn't mean we are not dominant. The Okie state, KU, and SDSU games were close scores but I never felt worried about losing during those games.

Except Iowa State set the pace and it almost bit us in the butt

Except Iowa State set the pace and it almost bit us in the butt

Very good point, I was worried almost the eniter ISU game. The point I was trying to make is playing down to the other team is not something that happnes all the time or in every game. Today Watson (seemingly) called a very conservitve game to get T-Mart some reps. It wasn't that the offense played awful it was a very laxed game plan to ease Taylor back into game speed. While we need to be alarmed over the obvious lack of ball control, the perfomrnce in general will be fixed and there is no need for worry.

Today Watson (seemingly) called a very conservitve game to get T-Mart some reps. It wasn't that the offense played awful it was a very laxed game plan to ease Taylor back into game speed. While we need to be alarmed over the obvious lack of ball control, the perfomrnce in general will be fixed and there is no need for worry.

I hope you're right.

It seems pretty clear to me that Martinez isn't 100%, which drastically shrinks the playbook to begin with. Coupled with the fact they were trying to ease him back into the game with a conservative plan, the results tonight were fine. The D's performance was sick, and the only thing that would have made me happier is if we didn't give up a FG.

Scored only 6 points in the 2nd half......this team needs to pick it up a notch. I still think Cody Green should've started to keep Martinez fresh for A&M.

I believe it was a good idea to get Martinez some reps tonight. He will need some gameplay experience before he plays A&M.

Yeah I agree. Unless his injured could be worsened it makes sense to play him. I'd hate to have to wait for him to shake the rust off against A&M.

I noticed that the game plan was very plain and vanilla. It was pretty predictable, but we kept T-Mart safe and that's what is important for the rest of the season. I hate how we play to our competition. It seems like if the team we are playing is bad, we play bad, but if the team we are playing is good, we play lights out. It's been that way all year and it doesn't seem to be going away anytime soon. Even if we would've beat Texas I don't see how this team could be considered a national championship caliber team? You need to go out there and play consistent in every game, no matter the opponent and destroy them all the same. That leaves no doubt in anyones mind........having said that how about Cal vs. Oregon?!

This team plays to their competition. Made for a boring game tonight, and doesn't help us with the pollsters, but I believe we can play with anybody. We'll rise to the challenge at A&M, stoop down to CU's level for one game and finish strong in the CCG.

+1

The O lacked heart tonight. They've lacked heart a lot of times this year. Not sure why this is, who to blame it on.

So we're having a good year. But not a NC championship year. And this may very well be why.

I say we blame it on this damn thing :moreinteresting

The coaches keep this team very humble...I am not sure if that is always the right way to roll.