Bad News

C N Red

I regret to inform this board that after the great night Niles had tonite with catching and holding on to the ball, don't expect a repeat performance anytime soon. On his way off the field tonite he gave his gloves to a young kid. Big mistake if you ask me. He should have kept those gloves and used them for the rest of his life!!!

I wish he'd given the right one to Helu . . . dude needs to wear gloves on both hands so as to avoid putting the ball on the carpet on the reg. I like Helu, but's he's good for one fumble a game. Burkhead, not so much. Martinez is a fumble machine too, but at least he can blame it on bare hands.

Niles is a great player - one of the best on the team. on the one hand he is a little inconsistent. on the other hand, we don't have an nfl prospect throwing him the ball. he is still capable of a national player-of-the-week performance at any time. we are lucky to have him, and i guarantee we will miss him sorely when he's gone.

Niles is a great player - one of the best on the team. on the one hand he is a little inconsistent. on the other hand, we don't have an nfl prospect throwing him the ball. he is still capable of a national player-of-the-week performance at any time. we are lucky to have him, and i guarantee we will miss him sorely when he's gone.

I agree, the kid is a big time talent and when he's dialed in, he's a HUGE mismatch, but getting him dialed in is the challenge. After the UT debacle, he's done pretty well (not counting the brain fart @ ISU last week).

I just love the bagging on players that goes on after a win.

What's the alternative? To say, "Helu's the s***, man! That guy can do no wrong, man! Even if we made a ton of mistakes against a god-awful team that would have killed us against anyone in the top 50, a win's a win, baby! Hear no evil, see no evil! Raaaah!"

Helu needs to stop fumbling so g'damn much. It's a problem. It cost us the Iowa State game last year, cost us the Texas game this year, almost cost us the Iowa State game this year, and was an issue last night. It's just not acceptable.

Paul is great when he shows up and is horrible when he doesn't, which is about half the time. This averages out to make him a mediocre player.

Martinez fumbles like it's his job, too, but he is the best option we have at that spot. Makes me think his hands might be a little too small.

I would like to say that my view on Paul has been very consistent since the beginning of last year: he's a horrible kick returner. He should not be returning kicks.

What other options do you think we should use? I say get over it, he will be gone at the end of the year and besides that there has been no other returner that has been any better.

I am going to go out on a limb and say that, in the return game, Marlowe is the Joe Ganz to Paul's Sam Keller.