Nebraska Football Show.....Bo calls out the fans

I'm in the middle of watching the Nebraska Football Show. In the opening segment, Bo said he thought the crowd was soft and quiet and said "felt like a scrimmage". I sure thought section 18 was rocking in our area. Didn't quite have the same feel as Texas and Mizzou, but still some excitment. Other thoughts? Agree with Bo?

I'm in the middle of watching the Nebraska Football Show. In the opening segment, Bo said he thought the crowd was soft and quiet and said "felt like a scrimmage". I sure thought section 18 was rocking in our area. Didn't quite have the same feel as Texas and Mizzou, but still some excitment. Other thoughts? Agree with Bo?

The TV announcers also said the crowd was fairly calm. I am thinking something about a temperature of 30 degrees had a little to do with it.

100% agree. Crowd was soft, quiet, big time rookie night, seating issues, lots of other things that really tick me off, the woman in front of me didn't stand/clap once. Oh-well things like this happen, last two home games have been draining.

Not to be a jerk, but Bo your team has played flat in two consecutive game, beat yourselves against Texas, played flat for SDSU, and someone from your staff blamed crowd noise on defensive miscues (gee saw a ton of that second half, you know when it was quiet), so yeah, it might get quiet in there from time to time. In the end we will still fill the place.

Sorry I sound brash. Bo's attitude has been ticking me off the last couple of weeks.

Well, I can tell you this, if he was comparing to our last home game against Mizzou, then it wasn't as loud. It was crazy loud at that game. Also, our offense gave us reasons to keep the crowd in that game, whereas against kansas it was pretty uninspirational. However, I did think it was relatively loud when we were on D, not like mizzou game, but not bad.

I also agree with the rookie night. Alot of people there who may not usually go to games because of cold, deer season, bad team, there were alot of tickets for sale and were going for cheaper than dirt.

to add.....it was a rookie night. I made the comment as I headed to our seats that I couldn't figure out where to go, because the guy from Omaha who sits in front wasn't there and the old guy who still thinks it is the 1990s wasn't there and someone was in our seats when we got to them.

I would like any current students to feel me in why after halftime there were qutie a few emepty seats towards the top in south stadium?

to add.....it was a rookie night. I made the comment as I headed to our seats that I couldn't figure out where to go, because the guy from Omaha who sits in front wasn't there and the old guy who still thinks it is the 1990s wasn't there and someone was in our seats when we got to them.

I would like any current students to feel me in why after halftime there were qutie a few emepty seats towards the top in south stadium?

Well there's probably a lot of reasons for that. 1) south stadium is usually freshmen and sophomores 2)anyone at the top didn't come an hour early and probably isn't that interested in the game 3) it was rookie night and most of them don't want to stay the whole game and because of #4 they left early 4) It was a little chilly, not to mention if your high in south stadium your completely exposed to the wind.

Give them something to cheer about! I was having trouble staying awake at home, and I paid $40 to watch it (in SD!?). Every game besides this my neighbors are well aware I am watching football. This game was just not good. Nothing exciting happened. I never would've thought I could be bored by Husker football.

Well there's probably a lot of reasons for that. 1) south stadium is usually freshmen and sophomores 2)anyone at the top didn't come an hour early and probably isn't that interested in the game 3) it was rookie night and most of them don't want to stay the whole game and because of #4 they left early 4) It was a little chilly, not to mention if your high in south stadium your completely exposed to the wind.

Also, students tend to go with a bunch of their friends, and since its general admission, they will huddle closer together to stay warm in the cold. With them sort of bunching together, they can squeeze more people into the lower rows and leave the upper rows empty while having the same number of people they had back in September.

Give them something to cheer about! I was having trouble staying awake at home, and I paid $40 to watch it (in SD!?). Every game besides this my neighbors are well aware I am watching football. This game was just not good. Nothing exciting happened. I never would've thought I could be bored by Husker football.

The defense gave the fans plenty to cheer about all game long.

Don't get me wrong, we have the best fans in America, BUT I have to agree with Bo on this one. Simply put our fans need to be louder. I don't care if its -20 outside or 100 outside stand up sometimes it is not going to kill you. 85,000 people can be loud, Missouri game, Oklahoma game '09....we just need to be more often. Compared to what Bo has seen in the SEC, Memorial stadium probably sounds like a PGA golf course on a Sunday afternoon.

The defense gave the fans plenty to cheer about all game long.

Yep! I agree! :bonesflag: