If we lose at the Big XII Championship game, do we have a better bowl matchup?

I heard this. If we make it to the Big XII championship and win, we play the Big East champs. But if we lose, we go to a non-BCS bowl but more than likely, against a more respected team like a 2nd or 3rd place SEC team. Not that I'm going to cheer for Nebraska to not win the Big XII, but I think we earn more respect from playing and beating a 2nd or 3rd place SEC team than beating a Big East champ.

What is a BCS bowl that's not for the National Championship bowl anyway?? What because it has more corporate sponsorship? Again, I'm not hoping for us to not win the Big XII championship. But I see us with very good opportunities either way. Beating an Auburn, LSU, Alabama, or South Carolina will be more gratifying than a win against Pitt.

I think its a bunch of crap that some people on here thank that we should lose the Big 12 champ game just to try and get a better bowl matchup. Im very dissapointed that such Nebraska fans would even come close to thinking that. At Nebraska its about championships, BCS bowls, 11 win seasons, not Cotton, Alamo, or Holiday Bowl matchups against a more respected opponent.

Lets worry about beating A&M, CU and the Big 12 south representative. Then we can start talking about playing Pitt, Syracuse, West Virginia or whoever we play in the bowl game.

The teams goals were to win the Big12 Champ and get to a BCS bowl.

• Fire 1

I think its a bunch of crap that some people on here thank that we should lose the Big 12 champ game just to try and get a better bowl matchup. Im very dissapointed that such Nebraska fans would even come close to thinking that. At Nebraska its about championships, BCS bowls, 11 win seasons, not Cotton, Alamo, or Holiday Bowl matchups against a more respected opponent.

Lets worry about beating A&M, CU and the Big 12 south representative. Then we can start talking about playing Pitt, Syracuse, West Virginia or whoever we play in the bowl game.

The teams goals were to win the Big12 Champ and get to a BCS bowl.

I don't think anyone suggested that we should lose the Big 12 Title game, I think the observation was just being made by the OP that if we were to lose, we would most likely get paired with a superior opponent in our bowl. Observation does not = endorsement.