LB Quanzell Lambert [Rutgers Commit]

Nexus

As many if not most of you know, he will NOT be signing on Wednesday.

So does that mean not with NU at all or do they try to save a spot for him? I'm guessing we move on without him.

It means, he will not be signing any LOI, He wants to see who the HC at Rutgers was going to be. QL, committed to the school more than the coach IMO. Always had thought he would stand by his ccommitment.

I think we have a shot if we dont fill on signing day. There is a strong possibility we will still be recruiting for 2012 when all the other teams are sitting back smoking cigars and looking at film of 2013 prospects. If we are fortunate...which during public announcements NU has never been real lucky, we get 4 of the six top guys we want. That leaves atleast one or two spots open for whoever we can fill with that is quality. Wed is going to be crazy.

• 1 year later...

Just dawned on me to check on him at the end of Rutgers bowl game. Didn't hear his name called but I could have missed him.

Played in 10 games (pre-bowl) this year as a sophomore but didn't start. Recorded 16 tackles including 3.5 TFL and 1.5 sacks. Not a terrible lot of production on a not very good defense.

We'll get a closer look on October 25.

• 8 months later...

• 4 weeks later...