Carl Pelini goes off!?? Per Tex A&M forum...

According to the knapplc play-by-play (thx by the way) of the news conference today it seems like always there are two sides to this story.

Carl incident - I got lit up pretty good by mistake by a kid.

Carl saw a player in a group of people around one of our kids, and apparently when he did that he went through a camera to get to the kid, and if there was a problem Bo is sure Carl is sorry about that.

So, in order to get to a player NOWHERE near him, as in that picture, there are NO players in duress within 10 yards, he has to beeline for a cameraman and break his camera? That's it? Really Huskers, you're better than that.

Again, you have zero proof that Carl did anything bad at this point. There is no clear video, these still shots show Carl moving toward the guy, and you have NO AUDIO on the camera in question.

If you find proof we'll talk. Until then, get off your high horse. Your players have some apologizing to do for their conduct, and until we hear that, this is a moot point.

According to the knapplc play-by-play (thx by the way) of the news conference today it seems like always there are two sides to this story.

Carl saw a player in a group of people around one of our kids, and apparently when he did that he went through a camera to get to the kid, and if there was a problem Bo is sure Carl is sorry about that.

So, in order to get to a player NOWHERE near him, as in that picture, there are NO players in duress within 10 yards, he has to beeline for a cameraman and break his camera? That's it? Really Huskers, you're better than that.

Again, you have zero proof that Carl did anything bad at this point. There is no clear video, these still shots show Carl moving toward the guy, and you have NO AUDIO on the camera in question.

If you find proof we'll talk. Until then, get off your high horse. Your players have some apologizing to do for their conduct, and until we hear that, this is a moot point.

Still shots like these? So, Nebraska is ok with coaches breaking other people's stuff if they're mad?

post-1700-015800000 1290449593.jpg

post-1700-003949200 1290449631.jpg

You know what let's talk about #83 and his antics. Really A&M I THOUGHT you were better than that.

You know what let's talk about #83 and his antics. Really A&M I THOUGHT you were better than that.

Sure, let's compare a coach attacking a cameraman after the game to the actions of a player in a pile during the game. That's the same...

TJE's actions were unfortunate, and incredibly common "in the pile." Am I excusing his actions? No. I'm disappointed it happened, and I expect more from our players, but the fact remains that type of action is very common in the pile. Anyone who believes it's all clean in there is either delusional or lying.

Still shots like these? So, Nebraska is ok with coaches breaking other people's stuff if they're mad?

I see Carl in contact with the camera guy in these shots. From the video I saw Carl walking toward the camera guy. From those two I can intimate that Carl walked over to the camera guy and there was some kind of contact.

However, the camera had NO SOUND and these shots are so very blurry you can't make anything specific out. You are supposing that Carl did something nefarious to this guy, and that simply is not supported by the proof we have.

There were a billion cameras on the field. Someone somewhere has a better shot of this. Someone hopefully has audio of this. When (not if) this surfaces, we'll all be better able to speak about this from a position of knowledge. At this point, all we can do is speculate.

But, for the sake of speculation, let's assume that the TexAg guy's story is 100% true. What of it? The cameraman did something to call Carl's attention to him, Carl went over there and pushed his camera down. Even if this is all true, Carl is on the hook for replacing the guy's lens shield. There's no way an assault charge would have any merit, and that's the worst of the allegations we can level at Carl. No matter how you slice it, this is a minor issue.

I see Carl in contact with the camera guy in these shots. From the video I saw Carl walking toward the camera guy. From those two I can intimate that Carl walked over to the camera guy and there was some kind of contact.

However, the camera had NO SOUND and these shots are so very blurry you can't make anything specific out. You are supposing that Carl did something nefarious to this guy, and that simply is not supported by the proof we have.

There were a billion cameras on the field. Someone somewhere has a better shot of this. Someone hopefully has audio of this. When (not if) this surfaces, we'll all be better able to speak about this from a position of knowledge. At this point, all we can do is speculate.

But, for the sake of speculation, let's assume that the TexAg guy's story is 100% true. What of it? The cameraman did something to call Carl's attention to him, Carl went over there and pushed his camera down. Even if this is all true, Carl is on the hook for replacing the guy's lens shield. There's no way an assault charge would have any merit, and that's the worst of the allegations we can level at Carl. No matter how you slice it, this is a minor issue.

Anyone who THINKS an assault charge is merited is a doofus. I sure am not. All I think is warranted is Carl to pay for the piece he broke and issue an apology to Brandon. I think that's all any SANE person really wants.

you are right agmarauder04, i am currently in the process of filing the proper "fan's form a-207b: to have a coach effectively suspended indefinitely until a fanbase can determine the proper consequence to appease an opposing fanbase" papers to send to the big 12 and the NCAA. i should have these done by wednesday, so do not expect to see carl on the sideline for friday's game.

• Fire 2

Sure, let's compare a coach attacking a cameraman after the game to the actions of a player in a pile during the game. That's the same...

TJE's actions were unfortunate, and incredibly common "in the pile." Am I excusing his actions? No. I'm disappointed it happened, and I expect more from our players, but the fact remains that type of action is very common in the pile. Anyone who believes it's all clean in there is either delusional or lying.

and breaking cameras is common too.

@knappic: Cool!

@sdsker: Reread my reply. I am not looking for Carl to be fired, suspended, or anything of the sort.

your reply came as i was typing mine, but i stand by my sardonic remark. you are obviously trying to prove something and get us to admit something, but why? who cares? show us all the stills you can find, does not matter what we think, so stop searching for vindication.

you are right agmarauder04, i am currently in the process of filing the proper "fan's form a-207b: to have a coach effectively suspended indefinitely until a fanbase can determine the proper consequence to appease an opposing fanbase" papers to send to the big 12 and the NCAA. i should have these done by wednesday, so do not expect to see carl on the sideline for friday's game.

:laughpound :laughpound :laughpound :laughpound :laughpound :laughpound :laughpound :laughpound :laughpound :laughpound