Carl Pelini goes off!?? Per Tex A&M forum...

Going slightly off topic - I think this illustrates the need for the NCAA to create some rules around allowing visiting teams safe passage off of the forum of play before fans are allowed in - whether it be a football field, basketball court, or whatever else crazed fans want to rush after a big game. I realize this takes a little bit away from a home team's energized celebration - I believe that the safety of all of the players and coaches has to come first. Any mob of passionate fans against a group of opposing passionate players and coaches is a bad idea.

In no way am I trying to make any excuses for what Carl may have or may not have done, or any other player or coach that has had a run-in with opposing fans after a game. This isn't the first story about a player or coach that had a run in with fans in a rush-the-field scenario, and I'm quite certain it won't be the last.

I completely thought this after the conclusion of the Oklahoma/Missouri game a few weeks ago - when the home fans were allowed to storm the field before the final play was even over (irregardless of whether that play in progress could have affected the outcome).

While I'm sure many schools would claim that it would be far to difficult to enforce, I'm certain that a $1, $2, maybe $5 million dollar fine would certainly cause a school to find a way. It seems that any stadium that wants to, can inform the fans that people who enter the field of play uninvited will be arrested on the spot for trespassing, inciting riot, etc.

Over all, nothing good comes from mixing large groups of people in such a passionate environment, and I think that it is something that can and should be completely avoided. With all of the concern about player safety around the sport, to me - this seems like it is the most dangerous thing that is still allowed to occur, and nobody seems to be talking about fixing it.

Does anybody else feel this way - or am I out in left field?

TexAgs is a cesspit of Nebraska hate right now. We're being called every name in the book, thrown under the bus in our entirety, by fans of a team who will not suspend Jerrod-Eddie for his attack on Ben Cotton.

And yet there is not one post that I can see on that site condemning Jerrod-Eddie for his assault.

And there are what? Half a dozen TexAgs visitors in this very thread calling us out?

I'm sorry to see you so poorly represent a school I have long held in such high esteem.

Sherman addressed the situation and said the KID is remorseful for something that, face it, commonly happens at the bottom of a football pile.

Hot Carl on the other hand decided to lie about being a complete jackass.

So Carl is a complete jackass for reacting to douchebaggery on the part of this camera guy, yet a purely defenseless player being grabbed and wrenched in the balls by your player is "addressed" by the coach.... doing nothing. Clearly you have the moral high ground here. :rolleyes:

You just called Jones a liar. What justifies your comment? How do you know that Jones is lying about what happened?

If you haven't seen Aggies on Texags calling out Jerrod-Eddie for what he did, then you aren't looking.

Good luck against OSU or OU in the championship game, and good luck against the Big 10. I hate those guys, so I'll be rooting for you guys.

You just called Jones a liar. What justifies your comment? How do you know that Jones is lying about what happened?

If you haven't seen Aggies on Texags calling out Jerrod-Eddie for what he did, then you aren't looking.

Good luck against OSU or OU in the championship game, and good luck against the Big 10. I hate those guys, so I'll be rooting for you guys.

Perhaps you could have someone haul me in front of a Brazos County grand jury because I said I doubted Jones' version of events. Or do you guys only espouse this for visiting coaches? Hmm...

As for how I justify doubting Jones' version of this situation, here's my post explaining what I see on Jones' own video:

Further, I very seriously doubt Jones' version of events. I find it HIGHLY IMPROBABLE that he said nothing to Pelini. Look at the video. Carl has his attention on another guy (visible on the lower left of the video) as the scene starts. Carl is walking away from - let me repeat that - away from the camera as we start. He has his back completely turned to the camera while walking away, then his attention is called back to the camera guy and his head turns around, and for the first time he looks right at the Jones. Carl doesn't even take half a step in Jones' direction before Jones is bailing backwards.

If Jones just filmed/witnessed a scene between Carl and an Aggies fan in which Carl and the fan exchanged words and then turned to leave, why would Carl's look back immediately prompt Jones to drop his camera and back up? Clearly Jones said something to Carl to grab his attention, something that is enough to immediately grab Carl's attention, make him take a step back, and make Jones immediately fear recrimination.

I do not buy Jones' story that he said nothing.

I get that you guys like your site owners and blindly believe what they say, but from his own video it doesn't look like his version of events is 100% accurate.

I get that you guys like your site owners and blindly believe what they say, but from his own video it doesn't look like his version of events is 100% accurate.

I think Brandon may have called Carl a funny name or made a joke about his momma. The story in all of this finger-pointing, is that the Pelini brothers have the emotional maturity of 6 year olds. If you want to excuse Carl's behavior because Brandon probably acted childishly, more power to you and your illustrius program.

I think Brandon may have called Carl a funny name or made a joke about his momma. The story in all of this finger-pointing, is that the Pelini brothers have the emotional maturity of 6 year olds. If you want to excuse Carl's behavior because Brandon probably acted childishly, more power to you and your illustrius program.

I do NOT want to excuse Carl. I've said several times that Carl is in the wrong. Several times. What I see is this incident being blown out of proportion by a group of fans who should be happy they escaped with a very questionable win, remorseful that their player assaulted an opponent, and moving on. Instead, we have post after post ripping into Carl, thread after thread on your board calling for him to be brought up on charges, and comparatively nothing about your own player's wrongdoing.

Again, for the umpteenth time, Carl will have to apologize and pay for the camera he broke. Even if Jones said something, which I believe he did, that does not excuse Carl from grabbing his camera. But when people start labeling this as assault and calling for grand juries, I gotta tell you, it's beyond ridiculous.

Instead, we have post after post ripping into Carl, thread after thread on your board calling for him to be brought up on charges, and comparatively nothing about your own player's wrongdoing.

Actually, most of the posts on our board concerning Nebraska are wishing you guys well in the Big 10. On that note -

So long, farewell, Auf wiedersehen, good night! I hate to go and leave this pretty sight. chuckleshuffle

Instead, we have post after post ripping into Carl, thread after thread on your board calling for him to be brought up on charges, and comparatively nothing about your own player's wrongdoing.

Actually, most of the posts on our board concerning Nebraska are wishing you guys well in the Big 10. On that note -

So long, farewell, Auf wiedersehen, good night! I hate to go and leave this pretty sight. chuckleshuffle

Ummm, clearly you and I aren't reading the same threads on TexAgs.

But I will also wish you guys well. This game hasn't changed how I feel about Aggies fans. Good luck in the Texas Ten, and here's hoping you escape to better pastures soon.

And if you do, here's hoping you don't suddenly see what we've been talking about all this season. It's no fun being on the wrong end of a 14-penalty difference in a game.

TexAgs is a cesspit of Nebraska hate right now. We're being called every name in the book, thrown under the bus in our entirety, by fans of a team who will not suspend Jerrod-Eddie for his attack on Ben Cotton.

And yet there is not one post that I can see on that site condemning Jerrod-Eddie for his assault.

And there are what? Half a dozen TexAgs visitors in this very thread calling us out?

I'm sorry to see you so poorly represent a school I have long held in such high esteem.

Sherman addressed the situation and said the KID is remorseful for something that, face it, commonly happens at the bottom of a football pile.

Hot Carl on the other hand decided to lie about being a complete jackass.

Looking at those stills, yeah, that's pretty awful what Carl did. I'm pretty uncomfortable about that.

But why did you stress *KID*? Is he 12? Are they letting children play or are these actually adults? Because I don't know how it works in Texas, but in Nebraska, you're legally an adult at 19, many other places it's 18. So I guess I have to wonder why A&M is letting these little kids who can't make decisions for themselves or control their impulses play football. Seems dangerous.

Perhaps it was the camera that said something bad about Carl, since thats what the pictures show him going after...

Damn cameras. Always mouthing off.

News reports here are saying that nothing on the camera was actually "broken," just popped off. Also Jones is quoted as saying he won't be pressing charges. Any word in Aggieland about these points? Frankly, I'd like to see Carl apologize and just move on from what turned out to be an unnecessarily ugly game.

Here is a link to a slow-mo video of the incident. There is no doubt from the still pictures that the photographer is holding the camera up over his head. There is a cord running on the ground, just to Cotton's right. Kyler Reed is stepping gingerly around that cord. Even one of the Corps of Cadets is stepping on it. You can see the cord raise up in the air as the camera is moving towards Carl Pelini. It appears to me that this cameraman was the problem with the cord and Carl was attempting to correct him. He may have over done things, but doesn't look that bad to me.

News reports here are saying that nothing on the camera was actually "broken," just popped off. Also Jones is quoted as saying he won't be pressing charges. Any word in Aggieland about these points? Frankly, I'd like to see Carl apologize and just move on from what turned out to be an unnecessarily ugly game.

In the statement from brandon Jones, linked above, TexAgs say that they were able find and attach all the peices back onto the camera and that it seems to work fine, so all in all nothing was really damaged.

There is a cord running on the ground, just to Cotton's right. Kyler Reed is stepping gingerly around that cord. Even one of the Corps of Cadets is stepping on it. You can see the cord raise up in the air as the camera is moving towards Carl Pelini. It appears to me that this cameraman was the problem with the cord and Carl was attempting to correct him. He may have over done things, but doesn't look that bad to me.

This is a portable handheld camera. There is no cord. He brought the camera down from shooting video from the media/photo deck at Kyle to get some post game video. This is a webmaster, not a professional videographer, so while his camera is nice enough to capture good video, its not one that requires a cord. The cord you see is running to the Nebraska sideline either to a headset or something or maybe to ABC's equipment. The guy with the camera isnt dragging his own cord around.