Not a conspiracy, human nature.

Sorry if someone has shared these thoughts elsewhere and I missed it, but bare with me.

I have a close friend who is a big fan of my team's arch rival in baseball (me Giants he Dodgers) and we watch games together a lot. I've always laughed at how we can both see a pitch thrown, sitting right next to each other on the couch, and I can see a called strike on his player as being an obvious strike, and he can see it as a clear ball that was nowhere close.

It's human nature. If you dislike one side or favor another side, you will see the result you want in almost every close play. If you want to see a late hit, you will. A hold, pass interference, etc.etc.

Now, here we are. The team that almost caused every big 12 official to be jobless this season. The team that, at the least, has weakened the conference they rely on to keep them employed.

I'm not a big conspiracy guy and I don't think there was some self destructing coded message delivered to the officials this year to tank us whenever they got the chance.

But I do think we are the enemy and, human nature being what it is, the refs are seeing what, (perhaps even without knowing or at least admitting to themselves) they want to see when we play.

• Fire 1

Sorry if someone has shared these thoughts elsewhere and I missed it, but bare with me.

I have a close friend who is a big fan of my team's arch rival in baseball (me Giants he Dodgers) and we watch games together a lot. I've always laughed at how we can both see a pitch thrown, sitting right next to each other on the couch, and I can see a called strike on his player as being an obvious strike, and he can see it as a clear ball that was nowhere close.

It's human nature. If you dislike one side or favor another side, you will see the result you want in almost every close play. If you want to see a late hit, you will. A hold, pass interference, etc.etc.

Now, here we are. The team that almost caused every big 12 official to be jobless this season. The team that, at the least, has weakened the conference they rely on to keep them employed.

I'm not a big conspiracy guy and I don't think there was some self destructing coded message delivered to the officials this year to tank us whenever they got the chance.

But I do think we are the enemy and, human nature being what it is, the refs are seeing what, (perhaps even without knowing or at least admitting to themselves) they want to see when we play.

Maybe you're right. So what? We still got jobbed.

I was always one of the persons who believed players/teams who lose should not use the officiating as a reason why they lost. I firmly believe(d) that had the team executed the way they were supposed to, they would not be in the position for officials to affect the outcome of a game. Even after the CCG game last year, I tried to remain open-minded about the :01 call. Was it a hokey call? I tend to think it was but there was always doubt in the back of my mind.

Tonight however, pushed me over the edge. Tonights debacle of officiating affected the outcome of this game from the start. There were way to many non-calls for holding, hands to face (seen it numerous times), ghost personal fouls, pass interference calls and the list goes on. I admit there were several we probably deserved (false start especially) but the icing on the cake was Osborne being called for roughing the passer. That was clearly a legal hit. The refs affected the outcome of this game. There is no doubt in my mind about that.

Yes, fans are biased. No one is or ever has denied this. That doesn't explain anything about non-Husker fans (thus far Herbstreit, Reece Davis, Holtz, Mark May) saying that at the very least the roughing the passer call was terrible.

Throw in half a dozen no-calls on A&M's blatant holding and you have a lot more smoke than the average biased fan rants.

I was always one of the persons who believed players/teams who lose should not use the officiating as a reason why they lost. I firmly believe(d) that had the team executed the way they were supposed to, they would not be in the position for officials to affect the outcome of a game. Even after the CCG game last year, I tried to remain open-minded about the :01 call. Was it a hokey call? I tend to think it was but there was always doubt in the back of my mind.

Tonight however, pushed me over the edge. Tonights debacle of officiating affected the outcome of this game from the start. There were way to many non-calls for holding, hands to face (seen it numerous times), ghost personal fouls, pass interference calls and the list goes on. I admit there were several we probably deserved (false start especially) but the icing on the cake was Osborne being called for roughing the passer. That was clearly a legal hit. The refs affected the outcome of this game. There is no doubt in my mind about that.

:yeah I completely agree. With the way our defense was playing, there's no doubt that they don't score points on that drive and we get the ball back with more time on the clock to run a more ground-based/comfortable offensive plan. That call was huge. And when looked at in conjunction with the picked up pass interference flag, etc., it speaks volumes.

We had a lot of penalties this game, but keep in mind no small number of them were self inflicted. I don't know why there were 2 calls on Cotton in one play, but he lashed out with his leg! That's going to get you flagged, whether the other guy is grabbing your junk or not. The false starts, illegal formations, intentional groundings. There's really nothing to be said for those.

I missed the Eric Martin penalties I guess, but the one I did see the was pure BS was the roughing the passer call on Osborne. That was a serious messup by the ref.

But again, I don't think the refs are inclined to be nice to Pelini, and that's because he's not nice to them and not any sort of conspiracy.

I usually am in the camp that you take care of business and the refs will probably not dictate the outcome. Today something was wrong with the refs. Perhaps Bo getting angry does not help but they are paid to deal with this, throw a flag on a coach but call a fair game. If an upset coach can cause bias I wonder what el$e could influence a person this weak minded. I don't know but to me this thing stunk.

I also mentioned on an earlier post that I am even more disgusted by a sports media that will look the other way and not do the job that the press is suppose to do. I'm going to be looking to see if some type of reporter out their has the stones to write an article that is critical of the zebs.

chuckleshufflechuckleshuffle

Please explain the gabbert fumble.

I can't explain it other than what I said in my original post..

I will say, however, any theory that is based on a deliberate "fix" would be saying that men like Bebbe, Refs (who are made up largely of professionals, doctors, lawyers (bad example) etc. have all decided to risk being arrested for a conspiracy to defraud, the loss of their careers and the very life of this conference, by cheating on purpose.

There is obviously something going on this year that can't be explained any other way than to say we are getting hosed by bad officiating.

I just tend to believe it's the result of anger clouding the judgement of those officiating and not an actual conspiracy.

As someone else pointed out, we're getting "jobbed" either way. But imo there is a more logical explanation to it than a conspiracy from the top down.

We had a lot of penalties this game, but keep in mind no small number of them were self inflicted. I don't know why there were 2 calls on Cotton in one play, but he lashed out with his leg! That's going to get you flagged, whether the other guy is grabbing your junk or not. The false starts, illegal formations, intentional groundings. There's really nothing to be said for those.

I missed the Eric Martin penalties I guess, but the one I did see the was pure BS was the roughing the passer call on Osborne. That was a serious messup by the ref.

But again, I don't think the refs are inclined to be nice to Pelini, and that's because he's not nice to them and not any sort of conspiracy.

We are upset about his junk being grabbed in front of the official. You try getting your junk grabbed and just sit there and take it. I cannot believe you didn't see this for what it was.

Zoogies apparently has no juevos or is one tough SOB, which one is it, I might start a pole with this question.