Pelini Needs To Act More Like COach Osborne

bo needs to get better and I believe he is working on that. Our fans need to stop being such babies and be more patient. we are never going to get another tom osborne. ever. just like UCLA will never get another john wooden. and its funny because bo reminds me of another coaching legend.... bobby knight(except not nearly as bad) for all of the bad crap knight did people forget a few things about his time at indiana. 1) the won. 2) his players graduated, the never got in trouble, and they never had recruiting/booster issues. 3) the second knight left indiana basketball ceased to be important. yes Nebraska is special.... we have an incredible fan base, great facilities and rich tradition. none of that matters if we dont have a great coach. we should have learned that with Billy C.

I am not saying we need to turn a blind eye to everything Bo does.... but the guy has an incredibly tough job. Our fans do a great job of supporting our team and our players, but a terrible job of supporting our coaches. Bo is not the only one that needs an attitude adjustment.

• Fire 1

As a life long Husker fan, I am very disappointed in the way Bo continues to act after we lose. He comes across as a very bad sport who does not represent the Huskers well! He whines, cries, criticizes, and makes tons of excuses without taking any responsibility for the poor play. We only scored 6 points, you cannot expect to win scoring 6 points. We have now had our butts handed to us against Texas and Texas A&M in a year where we desperately needed to beat both of them. Bo embarrassed us after the 2009 BCG and now by his actions he is doing it again. Win with class, lose with class is what Coach Osborne always said. As for me, I have had enough of this whining inept coach who comes off like a cry baby. Coach Osborne needs to sit the young man down and show him hoe he looks on t.v, like a whining idiot.

Bo is Bo. That ain't changing.

When you care about something emotions are going to come into play. Bo is a good coach and passionate about Big Red football. If you think he's that bad, watch Mike Stoops here in Tucson (Az. Wildcats). You will feel a lot better after watching this guy freak out for the entire 60 minutes. Bo's sideline demeanor is comatose compared to the psychotic Mike Stoops. He's so bad it's actually funny. Be thankful you have a great team with great tradition and a good coach, not the program that's displayed here in Tucson under a circus tent during football season.

Tonight was the first time his sideline demeanor was too much for me.

NO, he does not need to act like Osborne. That stuff is soooooooooooooooooooooo tired.

Almost as tired as "Nebraska is so classy" Talk about self-important delusion.

Our fans attack players, announcers, refs, coaches, and then each other just like any other fan base. Especially on the internet.

It appears conference officiating just fed our team a $h!t sandwich. You can eat yours with dignity and class if you'd like. No thank you over here.

• Fire 2

Tom Osborne used to drive me crazy with his lack of emotion and his hangdog pressers after a losing game. Frankly I don't want another Osborne, I want another Devaney. I want a coach who gets fired up for a game and expects the same of his players.

Tell me, what is the proper way to respond when you're getting cheated? I know this thread was started by a troll but seriously those of you who agree with him should think about wearing sun dresses when you watch the game.

:yeah

There are situations in this world that call for being impolite.

Absolutely no excuse to tell anyone, yet alone and official during a football game "f--- you!" which he did to get the sideline personal foul (watch the tape, you can read his lips). I don't care how badly you're getting jobbed, there is no excuse for that kind of stuff. Class act, Bo...

Tom Osborne used to drive me crazy with his lack of emotion and his hangdog pressers after a losing game. Frankly I don't want another Osborne, I want another Devaney. I want a coach who gets fired up for a game and expects the same of his players.

Tell me, what is the proper way to respond when you're getting cheated? I know this thread was started by a troll but seriously those of you who agree with him should think about wearing sun dresses when you watch the game.

:yeah

There are situations in this world that call for being impolite.

Absolutely no excuse to tell anyone, yet alone and official during a football game "f--- you!" which he did to get the sideline personal foul (watch the tape, you can read his lips). I don't care how badly you're getting jobbed, there is no excuse for that kind of stuff. Class act, Bo...

Uh, I disagree. What's he supposed to do, just stand there and take it while his team gets screwed with their pants on (literally AND figuratively)?

If ever there was a moment in a football game to drop the F-bomb, last night was it. I mean, those words exist for a reason, they can't just be off-limits all the time. Sometimes they're called for.

It seems like there are two different arguments in this thread.

1. Bo needs to act more like Osborne.

2. Bo needs to cool it a little bit.

I would say #1 is pointless, because as others have said, Tom Osborne and Bo Pelini are different people. As far as #2, I already posted my thoughts on that.

Rumor is that the Big Ten heads are meeting this evening via phone conference to discuss if they really want a team with a character like Bo to become a member of the conference. There is a level of sophistication that they apparently want to maintain, and not sure Bo reaches that bar.

Go away.