Bo Yelling at Taylor

BigRedMan

As a coach myself. Sometimes you have to get a players attention. I think that is what Bo was trying to do. He was challenging Taylor to step up and be a leader. We have watched all year how Taylor is a little week in that department. He seems to walk around by himself on the sidelines and has avoided interviews. I was at the ISU game and I noticed how much he was off by himself. The qb needs to be rallying guys and focused on the game.

• Fire 1

Sounds like some wildly speculative lip reading.

Honestly coaches yell at players all the time. Especially when they mess up. It happens, players get over it, everything's good. Like Mangino and that showboating KR kid. OK, maybe that's a bad example. Really don't see what the big deal is here. Taylor gotta have thick skin.

This is basically 2 years of frustrations that blew up during a game.

Martinez has his little ego trips during practice and other times, but him doing it in a game just set Bo off. Do not blame him in the least because this has been a LONG time coming, as I have warned about.

• Fire 1

Honestly coaches yell at players all the time. Especially when they mess up. It happens, players get over it, everything's good. Like Mangino and that showboating KR kid. OK, maybe that's a bad example. Really don't see what the big deal is here. Taylor gotta have thick skin.

Martinez has his little ego trips during practice and other times, but him doing it in a game just set Bo off. Do not blame him in the least because this has been a LONG time coming, as I have warned about.

If thats the case then I'm ok with Bo going off on him, but damn it's uncomfortable to watch. I love Bo's intensity, but he borders on crazy at times.

If thats the case then I'm ok with Bo going off on him, but damn it's uncomfortable to watch. I love Bo's intensity, but he borders on crazy at times.

Agreed his intensity is great, however sometimes he goes to far. Coaches yell at their players it's sports. It was just very unfortunate that was caught on tv. Hopefully the boys will be ready for CU.

Agreed his intensity is great, however sometimes he goes to far. Coaches yell at their players it's sports. It was just very unfortunate that was caught on tv. Hopefully the boys will be ready for CU.

Bo will have a camera following him at any televised game just for this reason. It will be interesting to see how he is during the CU game.

Absolutely classless move by "Coach" Bo. Embarrassment to the University. Dropping F Bomb after F Bomb against your starting QB. Horrible for recruiting, also. Who would want to play for this guy?

A grown man dropping the "F-bomb" in any context is an embarrassment to all grown men.

If what he was saying is, in fact, such... well... can we hire an adult for this job?

It is reasonable to question Bo's character and maturity -- all along from the time of his hire to now. When hired he seemed a risk to project precisely what we do not want to have connected to our program. As an ambassador of the program, the university and the state... well... it goes w/o saying that Bo needs major, major, major, major improvement. The unfortunate reality is that his reputation is not recoverable in the sense that when one is exposed this way once... well it is almost impossible to redeem ones reputation from that point forward.

And.. if TMart said what some assume he said... well he has no respect for Bo (which is perhaps not too surprising, as respect is earned). If this is the case (and it might not be)... but if it is... then NU is in much worse shape as a football program than we think.

Absolutely classless move by "Coach" Bo. Embarrassment to the University. Dropping F Bomb after F Bomb against your starting QB. Horrible for recruiting, also. Who would want to play for this guy?

i would, because steel is forged through fire. are you really disappointed in an adult swearing? raspberries! i suppose you do not partake in the devil's nectar, either.

A grown man dropping the "F-bomb" in any context is an embarrassment to all grown men.

If what he was saying is, in fact, such... well... can we hire an adult for this job?

It is reasonable to question Bo's character and maturity -- all along from the time of his hire to now. When hired he seemed a risk to project precisely what we do not want to have connected to our program. As an ambassador of the program, the university and the state... well... it goes w/o saying that Bo needs major, major, major, major improvement. The unfortunate reality is that his reputation is not recoverable in the sense that when one is exposed this way once... well it is almost impossible to redeem ones reputation from that point forward.

And.. if TMart said what some assume he said... well he has no respect for Bo (which is perhaps not too surprising, as respect is earned). If this is the case (and it might not be)... but if it is... then NU is in much worse shape as a football program than we think.

Robsker, the F bomb is a word. It means next to nothing. If you truly think men who drop the F bomb are "an embarrassment to all grown men," I shudder to think what your opinion of our armed forces is.

Robsker, the F bomb is a word. It means next to nothing. If you truly think men who drop the F bomb are "an embarrassment to all grown men," I shudder to think what your opinion of our armed forces is.

Knapp:

never thought of it that way before! No... the military is fine.

For me... and this may be me alone... I don't see an appropriate place ever for that kind of thing. That said... I am a Pastor and a Professor and am hyper sensitive towards these things relative to most. I am old school and my bias is revealed in this position... but I see no place for language like that or lack of restraint in any adult leader of anything. Seems inexcusable to me. Certainly, I'd think we would all rather not have that kind of thing associated with how others see NU. Seem reasonable?

If Pearlman and TO put a swear jar in place for Bo would that make you feel any better?