The Trial of Mark 'Bo' Pelini

Late November. The cold wind howls and the sky is apt to open it's floodgates of freezing rain and drizzle upon us. Many said we were an "elite" football team upon the start of the season, in truth, we are not. Yes, we had a damn good showing in Holiday Bowl against Arizona. But, we are not elite. We are very good, but I agree with another post on here that we wrote it in stone back in September that we were National Title worthy. Fast forward to this week. We are in shambles, quite possibly the most outraged team and fanbase with 9 wins that most other programs with kill for. Conspiracy, sideline behavior, and rumors abound; we must circle the wagons. We have to. No other way to put it. Colorado will throw everything they have at us, like they always do, and we have to counter that. If Taylor isn't ready to play, develop a game plan to suit Cody's strengths. No zone read, he doesn't have the initial burst to make that play click. Line up under-center, run the ball between the tackles, some option plays, establish the toss sweep and the halfback pass should be broken out. Allow Rex the reigns to the Wildcat. Last year at this time, we were 8-3 before Colorado. Our offense was as inept at producing yards and points as the French winning a war; but we didn't have the angry fan base as we do today. Whatever the outcome of the Big 12 title game, that can wait. We need to focus on Colorado. If we don't win against the Buffs, our season goes down in vain; a disappointment as big as being randomly selected for a search by the TSA. The conspiracy and Bo/Carl's behavior? Put it behind us, we got screwed down in College Station, let's move on. Let's play our brand of football from last year to win games. Run the ball, play defense and allow Alex Henery's right leg to dictate field position. In short, don't give up hope. Circle the wagons. Declare war the on the Big 12. If any of you are going to the game on Friday, f'ing yell. Yell early, yell often, yell like hell. And when your voice goes out, try your damn best to yell some more. Let this team know that you are behind them. I will not be at the game on saturday, but I will do my own part in Dallas. Football, yes, is just a game, and I mean this as no disrespect to Veterans of our great country, but this, this Friday and December 4th in JerryWorld, is a basically a declaration of war. GBR!

• Fire 6

I hope the players play with the kind of controlled aggression that will slaughter the buffs, I hope the fans come to support them with every ounce of energy they can and then give just a little more and when you are about to pass out from screaming that you give it another boost. BE FRICKIN LOUD for our team and for our seniors and don't forget we have a bunch of recruits to impress as well. MAKE THIS LAST REGULAR SEASON GAME WE PLAY IN THE TEXASS 12 A GAME TO REMEMBER.

:bonesflag::throwdabones1::bonesflag:

I believe Bo is a great coach and I hope the fans, press, or facility don't run him out of here. TO took the same criticism for years and looked where he ended. He's no Billy C or Solich, he's far better. look what he's accomplished with just coming short on a few much like Tom. I don't blame Bo for his tirade, it all started when his player was kicked and nothing happened. These were the same refs from the Texas game and you know that put him on edge. What he want on Tmart about no one knows, he could of kept it down at that point but everyone makes mistakes and he even admitted to that. Which takes a lot from any coach.

In Bo we Trust, Long Live BO !

:bonesflag:

We need to "piss" pound the buffs on both sides of the ball! Watts needs to add alittle misdirection into our offense. If Cody is the MAN he needs to step up and play like his hype!

Go Huskers

If Tmarts out and Green is the choice, if he starts to stink it up is there another choice ? I've seen Spano, he seems timid. Latravis is strong or how about Brion Carnes, isn't he related to Frazier ?

I swear by all that is holy, if Lee is unable to go, TMart is running at 30% speed and Green is ineffective, if they stick with Green and do not play LaTravis on Senior Day, I will asplode. You will see a little mushroom cloud of anger and frustration billow forth from Sec. 34.

I only hope I don't take out too many fans sitting around me when I go. Maybe just my head will rocket off into space, saving the innocent.

• Fire 2

I swear by all that is holy, if Lee is unable to go, TMart is running at 30% speed and Green is ineffective, if they stick with Green and do not play LaTravis on Senior Day, I will asplode. You will see a little mushroom cloud of anger and frustration billow forth from Sec. 34.

I only hope I don't take out too many fans sitting around me when I go. Maybe just my head will rocket off into space, saving the innocent.

i almost 'asploded' last weekend when LaTravis didn't get in. im with you here

I agree, while its too late to burn a redshirt, at least TRY SOMETHING.. Will the magnetometer catch the explosives or will they have to pat you down. :).

somehow in the unfortunate aftermath of the ATM game and the many pics of Bo being "somewhat belligerent" I have thought about the other big news story, the TSA patdowns.

Can you imagine the thoughts of the guy who knows who Bo is, has seen the vein bulging photos and has drawn the short straw and has to do his pat down.

if they stick with Green and do not play LaTravis on Senior Day, I will asplode. You will see a little mushroom cloud of anger and frustration billow forth from Sec. 34.

:yeah And there will be another mushroom cloud coming from Sec 17.

:yeah

Stay away from sec 25 also.

"Cody Green with the zone read, annnnd...fumbles on the two! And wait a minute Matt, I'm getting reports that there has been some kind of simultaneous disturbance around the stadium...do we have a clip? We do? Strange, we're on the radio."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HY-03vYYAjA