Any chance KU saves us if we lose?

Sparker

Obviously we will know soon enough, but I am curious what everybody thinks about that match up anyway. Think KU pulls off an upset there? I don't know enough to speculate about it myself, but please enlighten me. :)

I know ultimately we just need to take care of business, but should we lose, I have a feeling every husker will be watching this game on Saturday cheering on Turner's Jayhawks.

Nope. A more realistic scenario would be a Husker win, Oklahoma over Okie lite, and A&M over Texas. I would LOVE to play A&M again.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure this would result in the same situation as two years ago with TT, Texas, and OU. They were all tied so the highest ranked team got in. This year, the highest ranked team would be Oklahoma.

Unless they changed it to who won the head to head between the two highest ranked? Even if that were the case, Okie Lite could still be ranked ahead of Texas A&M. They'd have one fewer loss and they would have beat A&M.

Nope. A more realistic scenario would be a Husker win, Oklahoma over Okie lite, and A&M over Texas. I would LOVE to play A&M again.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure this would result in the same situation as two years ago with TT, Texas, and OU. They were all tied so the highest ranked team got in. This year, the highest ranked team would be Oklahoma.

Unless they changed it to who won the head to head between the two highest ranked? Even if that were the case, Okie Lite could still be ranked ahead of Texas A&M. They'd have one fewer loss and they would have beat A&M.

Quoting my own comment, but here's the tie-breaker. There are more steps before this, but they would all be N/A or tied also, so we get to this step..

The highest ranked team in the first Bowl Championship Series poll following the completion of Big 12 regular season conference play shall be the representative in the Big 12 Championship Game, unless two of the tied teams are ranked within one spot of the other in the BCS poll. In this case, the head-to-head results of the top two ranked tied teams shall determine the representative in the Big 12 Championship Game.

So if Oklahoma beats OSU and A&M beats Texas, A&M would need to pull within one spot in the BCS poll of OU. Most likely, Nebraska, Missouri, and Va Tech would stay between them. A&M making the title game is a huge long shot.

I'm not exactly sure how it works. It would be great if someone who knew spoke up! My guess is that you're right, though.