The Truth Behind The Taylor Quitting Stories

Now ESPN said that if he does leave, he can't play the following year with whatever college he goes to. Does anyone know why this is?

Isn't that the norm? You have to sit out a year after transferring.

Yeah, if a player transfers to another FBS school, they have to sit out a year. I think they have to sit out 2 years if they transfer within their own conference.

I remember when I got on here after the Western Kentucky game telling a story of how a friend of mine lived on the same floor with Martinez and said he was disrespectful and arrogant, telling walk-ons that they didn't even belong on the team. Man did I get ripped for that. The rumors of him wanting to quit the team last summer were true. Coaches haven't liked his attitude from the beginning. He's imo a great player who could turn out to be the best at Nebraska, and I really respect what he did for his dad and family, but he's a jerk of a person.

Not that this isnt true but lets face it, lots of kids at UNL dont like the football players. He could say something like "Hey if you are going down to the vending machine can you grab me a soda" and it turns into "Yeah, so T-mart tried to get me to be his bitch and grab him a soda"

You know?

I remember when I got on here after the Western Kentucky game telling a story of how a friend of mine lived on the same floor with Martinez and said he was disrespectful and arrogant, telling walk-ons that they didn't even belong on the team. Man did I get ripped for that. The rumors of him wanting to quit the team last summer were true. Coaches haven't liked his attitude from the beginning. He's imo a great player who could turn out to be the best at Nebraska, and I really respect what he did for his dad and family, but he's a jerk of a person.

Not that this isnt true but lets face it, lots of kids at UNL dont like the football players. He could say something like "Hey if you are going down to the vending machine can you grab me a soda" and it turns into "Yeah, so T-mart tried to get me to be his bitch and grab him a soda"

You know?

All the players I've talked to seem to be pretty humble dudes. Cody's in this video.

Ya i know what you mean. I'm a student in Lincoln now and have met a few of the players a couple times and they're real chill. I was watching the game with my friend who lived with T Mart yesterday. I asked him about him again and he didn't say much other than the walk-on story and that he was just an a-hole to everybody. He also said that Eric Martin was about as smart as a box of rocks and that he thought cohabitation meant masturbation, and that he didn't know what a cinder block was! For anybody who knows, are the rumors about Carnes pushing for the job next year true? I honestly didn't think he'd ever see the field.

Now ESPN said that if he does leave, he can't play the following year with whatever college he goes to. Does anyone know why this is?

NCAA transfer rules state that a player must wait a year before becoming re-eligible, if they transfer to another school in the same division. However, if he transferred to say an FCS or DII NCAA school he could play next year.

I actually heard something completely different... My brother in law is a grad student prof on east campus and one of his students was a former player and involved with the equipment staff... He advised that the interaction between t mart and Bo was about t mart learning that Cody green was going into the game and t mart actually made some very inappropriate comments about him and his abilities... I very rarely have "inside" sources.... But I trust this one for what it's worth...

i would like to believe this one if anything.... we know t-magic was a strong strong strong competitor and i could see this... but totally the wrong way to go about making the situation known.... i think doing this would really hurt his rep with the guys on the team... i mean the offense knows CG isnt the best but i bet they resepect him a whole lot more than t-magic... which means when t-magic comes back there will be a lot of work to foster positive relationships with the guy he would be playing with......

I actually heard something completely different... My brother in law is a grad student prof on east campus and one of his students was a former player and involved with the equipment staff... He advised that the interaction between t mart and Bo was about t mart learning that Cody green was going into the game and t mart actually made some very inappropriate comments about him and his abilities... I very rarely have "inside" sources.... But I trust this one for what it's worth...

i would like to believe this one if anything.... we know t-magic was a strong strong strong competitor and i could see this... but totally the wrong way to go about making the situation known.... i think doing this would really hurt his rep with the guys on the team... i mean the offense knows CG isnt the best but i bet they resepect him a whole lot more than t-magic... which means when t-magic comes back there will be a lot of work to foster positive relationships with the guy he would be playing with......

What? You'd think TM had been taking his lead from this board or something.