Why all the Boise St. Hate?

SoCalhusker88

I have no gripes with Boise State as a school, their football program, or their fans. Being in a conference that underwhelms, along with their schedules over the years is what has hurt Boise State over the years in reality, and overall national perception plain and simple, in spite of their loud and vocal cheering section in some of the media.

I don't like them because they feel like they deserve more attention and recognition for what they do and deserve to go to better bowls. But yet they're in the WAC conference, playing joke teams every week. If everyone had Boise State's schedule, I think there'd be at least 10 undefeated teams a season. You don't deserve to get recognition when you don't play anyone noteworthy.

Yeah this here. You don't see the same "hate" toward TCU.

On a side note, check out some of these new Facebook groups:

Kyle Brotzman sucks

RIP Kyle Brotzman

Kyle Brotzman sucks at life, and clutch kicks.

Kyle Brotzman is AN EPIC Fail

Kyle Brotzman Lost It All

Kyle Brotzman for Nevada MVP

Kyle Brotzman is the new Ray Finkle

I'm gonna kick the game winning field goal! JK i'm Kyle Brotzman

Poor kid.

On a side note, check out some of these new Facebook groups:

Kyle Brotzman sucks

RIP Kyle Brotzman

Kyle Brotzman sucks at life, and clutch kicks.

Kyle Brotzman is AN EPIC Fail

Kyle Brotzman Lost It All

Kyle Brotzman for Nevada MVP

Kyle Brotzman is the new Ray Finkle

I'm gonna kick the game winning field goal! JK i'm Kyle Brotzman

Poor kid.

I was thinking the same thing. Two botched chipshots. Ouch. Maybe he should consider moving to Reno.

I will preface this by saying i am completely biased because I played football with Austin Pettis in High School and grew up watching several of the boise st players in high school......but i have noticed there is a ton of hate for Boise on these boards and I know we had that issue about trying to play them for a home & home and what not but to be honest i'm not sure why you all are hating the Bronco Blue so much

Boise is hated for having a schedule consisting of "the little sisters of the poor". These words didn't come from the Husker fan base, but I believe these words are shared by many fan bases from coast to coast.

"little sisters of the poor" that's really funny. Maybe Ohio St isn't so stuck up.

I will preface this by saying i am completely biased because I played football with Austin Pettis in High School and grew up watching several of the boise st players in high school......but i have noticed there is a ton of hate for Boise on these boards and I know we had that issue about trying to play them for a home & home and what not but to be honest i'm not sure why you all are hating the Bronco Blue so much

Relieved is more like it. Hate is far too strong of a word.

Boise State had an average a score of 51-8 against 8 opponents this year.

These eight games were over by the end of 1st quarter, in small stadiums, with little chance of injury, on and on.

Which only proves they played a weak schedule, not that they are an elite team.

It is a nice story, but the fans read too many press-clippings and got too full of themselves.

Boise State doesn't deserve to be in the conversation.

Same for TCU. I'm relieved that at least one of them lost.

BSU vs. TCU for the BCS Championship would have been a complete joke.

That was pretty nice of the them to support the kid when it would have been so easy to make him a target.

It's just amazing how one kick spiraled Boise down from an automatic bid to a BCS bowl to the Kraft whatever bowl. Is it safe to say their "just enough" scheduling strategy was an all or nothing gamble that backfired spectacularly?

I say with Boise, Nevada, Hawaii and Fresno joining the MWC conference it deserves some sort of provisional automatic BCS bid. Then these teams can schedule tough non-conference games, earn respect with a complete season and still go to a BCS bowl with one loss like most everyone else does.