Lost faith completely in College Football awards

I heard on the tv yesterday that Alex is NOT a finalist for the Groza award, naming the country's best kicker. This was "absurd" according to Ed Cunningham. I dont understand, no matter what you wanna go by, Alex is the BEST. Accuracy, check. Distance, check. Percentage, check. Hell, not only the Groza, but he should get the Guy too, he's also the best punter. It's a joke.

• Fire 1

The only reason I can think of is that he has only made 16 field goals this year. The low number has to be the only thing keeping him out of the discussion. Keep in mind with the Groza they do not look at a career body of work, just a seasons. I'm not saying I agree with it just trying to look at the other side of things. My personal opinnion is the same as yours Alex is the most accurate kicker in NCAA history, and him being left of the list is a discrace and the committe that makes these decisions should be ashamed.

Ed Cunningham says yesterday that it was a shame that he wasn't on this list. Probably the best kicker in NCAA history. I don't know for sure but that is a pretty huge compliment from a guy that isn't a NU homer. Franklin pretty much agreed with him. Most NU fans had the TV on mute and prolly didn't hear those kind words. Congrats Alex. You will be rich very soon. 2nd round pick for sure.

Ed Cunningham says yesterday that it was a shame that he wasn't on this list. Probably the best kicker in NCAA history. I don't know for sure but that is a pretty huge compliment from a guy that isn't a NU homer. Franklin pretty much agreed with him. Most NU fans had the TV on mute and prolly didn't hear those kind words. Congrats Alex. You will be rich very soon. 2nd round pick for sure.