SIGNED DE Joseph Carter*

gratefullred

In-home went well. Carter hosted both the AZ coaches and Bo on Monday. He will decide on signing day......sh*t.

This kid is a serious talent. Sounds like we are in a very good position but it really sucks that we have to wait until signing day. Also sucks for Lake as he is trying to figure out what to do as well.

Agreed. It could be a case that we get neither because Lake goes elsewhere to ensure he has a spot and Carter goes to AZ. A dangerous game (recruiting not football)

What is he again, 2 for 3?

Yeah he walked in the 9th after flying out to center in the seventh. Should bump up the ole batting average though.

Just kidding ya. You actually say the amount of years first then the amount of eligibility. So your question would be is "he a 3 for 2 guy."

However Carter graduated in 2008, and I believe he redshirted his first year of Chaffey. So I believe he is a 2 for 2 guy. Not a 100% on this one though.

What is he again, 2 for 3?

Yeah he walked in the 9th after flying out to center in the seventh. Should bump up the ole batting average though.

Just kidding ya. You actually say the amount of years first then the amount of eligibility. So your question would be is "he a 3 for 2 guy."

However Carter graduated in 2008, and I believe he redshirted his first year of Chaffey. So I believe he is a 2 for 2 guy. Not a 100% on this one though.

Ya learn something everyday haha. Thanks

I still don't understand how a JUCO can be a 2 for 2 guy. If he graduated in 08' and redshirted the 08' year then he would have been coming out of JUCO last year after 2 years in JUCO as a 3 for 3 guy. So did he spend 3 years in JUCO then or what?

Not always the case. A lot of high profile JUCO'd will redshirt players. Also not every JUCO recruit meets his required grades in those two years. Maybe that is Carter's case, again not sure.

You have five years to complete your four years of eligibility in college. Under hard circumstances(major injury) the NCAA will grant a sixth year. So Joseph has completed three of his five year, and has only played two so hence he is a 2 for 2 guy.

Either Mr. Carter or Mr. Gonzales... Akeem is still set to visit.

I would much rather have Carter at this point, he is immediate help at a position of need.

So are you saying that we are going to see a change in the most wanted with Carter in the place of Lake?