"I like Bo Pelini. I like his style."

New Haven (Ind.) running back Te'vaughn Hurse rushed for nearly 3,000 yards this year. Not bad for his first varsity season right?

How does a kid who rushed for almost 3,000 yards still go under the radar? New Haven's Te'Vaughn Hurse may not play for a powerhouse high school, but that does not make the 2,946 yards and 35 touchdowns he rushed for this season any less significant.

It was a season he had waited for, as he did not play as a sophomore.

"Last year I was academically ineligible from my freshman year," he said. "I had to work through school. I couldn't play, but I went out and practiced and kept good relationships with the coaches."

So was he surprised at his success?

"It was kind of 50-50, because some stuff I knew I was going to do. I told myself I would, because most of it was because I had a great team around me. It was so much fun. I enjoyed it a whole lot."

It is early and word is just getting out about the 5'7, 177-lb back, but there are some schools beginning to recruit him.

"I heard that Northwestern was, Northern Illinois, and I just got word that Purdue and Ball State have been sending me stuff in the mail along with some D2 schools."

Hurse, who was recently timed at 4.45 in the forty yard dash, also runs track and recorded a 10.81 100m dash and was on an All-State 4x1 team, also has one Big 12 school he would like to hear from.

"Nebraska. I like Bo Pellini. I like his style."

LINK

Hmm, this kid could be dangerous out of the zone read. He would be a nice change of pace back on sweeps, draws, screens.

He could be our Darren Sproles. Both are 5'7".

What coach wouldnt want a Darren Sproles/Rodney Stewart in the backfiled to complement a back like Aaron Green. If he does get an offer, I will not be disappointed.

• 2 weeks later...

I signed up for this forum just so I could reply to this subject alone. I live in New Haven, IN. I went to the high school this kid goes to and I watched him play about 4 games this year. He consistantly had big time rushes, nearly every game this season he would break atleast one big one. In fact, during the playoffs he has a game in which he rushed for 250 yards on 10 carries for 5 td's. He isnt the biggest back in the world, but hes strong and can shed blocks and break away into the open extremely quick. Hes got good speed but even better quickness. The school thats gets this kid will certainly not regret it.

I signed up for this forum just so I could reply to this subject alone. I live in New Haven, IN. I went to the high school this kid goes to and I watched him play about 4 games this year. He consistantly had big time rushes, nearly every game this season he would break atleast one big one. In fact, during the playoffs he has a game in which he rushed for 250 yards on 10 carries for 5 td's. He isnt the biggest back in the world, but hes strong and can shed blocks and break away into the open extremely quick. Hes got good speed but even better quickness. The school thats gets this kid will certainly not regret it.

Wow, thanks for the heads up and welcome to Huskerboard rdt. Do you know if the kid has any favorites as far as where he'll go to school? I know it's a bit early, but sometimes they have a dream school. Also, any idea how serious his interest in NU is? I'm not advising doing anything recruiting violation worthy ;), but it'd be cool if you could poke around and get any kind of inside scoop for us.

I havent really heard anything about a preference with this kid. A lot of people from our area who do get offers from big D1 schools generally only get recruited from our tri state (indiana, michigan, illinois) big 10 schools and mac schools. They are used to sticking around close to home, maybe the fact that the huskers are joining the big 10 will make a difference, who knows. Im sure since this is a rarity for our area the local media may try to pry and have articles. I will try to keep an update on here, im very neutral on nebraska..but its very exciting to have a player for us like this and its fun to see how the true fans of other programs react to good talent being recruited.

I havent really heard anything about a preference with this kid. A lot of people from our area who do get offers from big D1 schools generally only get recruited from our tri state (indiana, michigan, illinois) big 10 schools and mac schools. They are used to sticking around close to home, maybe the fact that the huskers are joining the big 10 will make a difference, who knows. Im sure since this is a rarity for our area the local media may try to pry and have articles. I will try to keep an update on here, im very neutral on nebraska..but its very exciting to have a player for us like this and its fun to see how the true fans of other programs react to good talent being recruited.

I'm sure it's quite the ride for you guys out there, man. It is fun. I'm a freshman in college right now, and one of my buddies from high school got recruited to play offensive line at Iowa, Iowa State, NU, KU, K-State last year... he was a behemoth. He ended up going to Iowa. It was interesting to follow it, though, and to get to talk to the guy throughout the whole thing.

Thanks for offering to keep us updated. I wouldn't want you to push NU anyway, so you being neutral is a good thing. We'll all just be curious how the kid's recruitment plays out... whether it be in our favor or not. We'll still be interested. Thanks though.

Kid could only be 16. So he may get to 5'8 or 5'9. That would make his stock skyrocket. I would not be disappointed if he were given an offer either. We will know a great deal more about him and other 2012 kids in March and April.

When my brother was 16 he was 5'4" now he's 19 and he's 5'10"... these boys can grow fast! He can easily shoot up 2-3 inches.

Aaron Green was 5'9" the beginning of his Junior year and ended up being 5'11" so it can happen.