Austin Ebertowski RB/S

NPhusker

Can someone tell me what the deal is with this kid?

He is from Abraham Lincoln in Council Bluffs IA, measures 6'0, 205 lbs.

According to iowatfxc he can run a 10.85 in the 100 and 21.88 in the 200 (http://ia.milesplit.com/athletes/960448)

And after watching these highlights it looks like the kid can play (HIGHLIGHT)

The kid is big, fast, and runs with a mean streak, i would not mind seeing him on my sideline.

I know the Huskers are stacked at RB (Burkhead, Tre, Greee, Heard), so i understand NU not offering him. But the only offers he has are Illinois State and South Dakota. I mean no offers from in-state Iowa or Iowa State.

Is this kid a huge academic risk, or a trouble maker off the field?

Anyone got any insight

well Being an Abraham Linclon Alum I will do some digging, I know when I went to A.L the Football Coach didnt really do much recruting for the player he was to busy doing other things :wasted. We were happy to Have a 2-7 or whatever season. We werent a Football School more of a basketball school with John Turek(NU BBALL ALUM). with the coaching staff change and stuff the football team has turned around. But i will do some research.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a great question that the local HS beat writer for the Omaha World paper asked earlier this year. Although I coach in SWI, we are a smaller class, but my brother lives in Harlan (powerhouse) and he saw Ebertowski play in person and says he seems to be the real-deal. In fact, he said that looked better than Brandon Wegher (from Heelen, started as true frosh for Iowa last yr)...

He is bigger-faster than most of the RB at Iowa and Iowa State.... Is his put together well and is a mean SOB...large class 100 meter champ...

My only GUESS is it has to be a grade issue...but really not fair to the kid for me to suggest that.

This is a great question that the local HS beat writer for the Omaha World paper asked earlier this year. Although I coach in SWI, we are a smaller class, but my brother lives in Harlan (powerhouse) and he saw Ebertowski play in person and says he seems to be the real-deal. In fact, he said that looked better than Brandon Wegher (from Heelen, started as true frosh for Iowa last yr)...

He is bigger-faster than most of the RB at Iowa and Iowa State.... Is his put together well and is a mean SOB...large class 100 meter champ...

My only GUESS is it has to be a grade issue...but really not fair to the kid for me to suggest that.

Haha, well, I hate your brother. I graduated from Denison last year... They kick our @sses in pretty much everything.

Anyway, assuming this kid somehow qualifies, I cannot vouch for his talent level being better than Wegher's, but let's hope he has more staying power... :D

I have the scoop on this one as I live in CB as well and know the coach at AL.

Kid has had some pretty big issues off the field and is trying to repair his image off of it. Grades should be in order, projects as a safety at the next level.

Kammrad has done what he can for the kid, definately athletic enough to play D1 football, but probably not on scholarship in the Big Ten.

Haha, well, I hate your brother. I graduated from Denison last year... They kick our @sses in pretty much everything.

Anyway, assuming this kid somehow qualifies, I cannot vouch for his talent level being better than Wegher's, but let's hope he has more staying power... :D

Denison? My pops is from Denison

Denison? My pops is from Denison

Really? Wow... small world. We moved there when I was in 2nd grade from Omaha. Now I'm back for school... but the family is still up there.