DT Brandon Yost

Haspula

Player: Brandon Yost

Hometown: Omaha, NE

Position: DT

Height: 6'1"

Weight: 280 lbs.

40 time: 4.9

Interests: Iowa State, Nebraska, Ohio, South Dakota, South Dakota State, Wyoming

Bench Max: 420 lbs

Squat: Max: 530 lbs

Rivals

He has a build like Suh, but a lot stronger.

Wow...a lot stronger than Suh is saying a mouth full! I love getting local kids, which high school?

Wow...a lot stronger than Suh is saying a mouth full! I love getting local kids, which high school?

Millard West located in Omaha, NE

Compared to Suh:

Yost: 6'1" (Height)

Suh: 6'4"

Yost: 280 lbs (Weight)

Suh: 278 lbs

Yost: 420 lbs (Bench max)

Suh: 300 lbs

Yost: 530 lbs (Squat max)

Suh: 425 lbs

Yost: 4.6 (Shuttle)

Suh: 4.94

Yost: 24 inches (Vertical)

Suh: 22 inches

Compared to Suh:

Did Suh coming out of HS really have a max bench of only 300 lbs?! Seems way, way too low. For a guy to bench but 30 or so lbs more than their weight is well... not impressive. Obviously, Suh then later grew into his strength.

To note, I'm not sure that football strength for a DT tracks well with bench press and squat --- it is a combination of footwork, balance, leverage, quickness, pad level in contact and inherent strength. Suh is a monster as far as DT football strength. May not have had then, or even now, weight-lifting strength --- but Suh's strength is matched by few --- even in the NFL.

This kid (Yost) may be a lifting monster but that may, or may not, relate overly to FB strength.

Did Suh coming out of HS really have a max bench of only 300 lbs?! Seems way, way too low. For a guy to bench but 30 or so lbs more than their weight is well... not impressive. Obviously, Suh then later grew into his strength.

To note, I'm not sure that football strength for a DT tracks well with bench press and squat --- it is a combination of footwork, balance, leverage, quickness, pad level in contact and inherent strength. Suh is a monster as far as DT football strength. May not have had then, or even now, weight-lifting strength --- but Suh's strength is matched by few --- even in the NFL.

This kid (Yost) may be a lifting monster but that may, or may not, relate overly to FB strength.

yup. i doubt suh's BP was "only" 300 pounds coming out of high school, but even if it was, there is no doubt that he has an extremely high level of "inherent strength", as you termed it. very few defensive tackles will have suh's strength and none will have the athletic ability to use it so effectively.

all that said, it sounds like this kid is powerful and i hope he finds his way to lincoln. (for what it's worth, it also sounds like the original poster is promoting him for personal reasons.)

Compared to Suh:

I'm not sure where the numbers came from (if Rivals the numbers you reference most were both unverified), but if they are accurate then a HUGE credit goes to Dobson. Improving your veritical by over a foot! Talk about adding to his explosiveness off the ball. He could litterally shoot out of his stance.

Suh at Combine:

6'4" (Height)

310 lbs (Weight)

32 (Bench reps)

4.44 (Shuttle)

35.5 inches (Vertical)

• 1 month later...