Lets Evaluate

Vince R.

Offense:

QB. Taylor Martinez. He's almost useless if he cannot run. he can really "zoom" a throw in but his accuracy is about C-. I thought they wouldve gave someone else a shot. Taylor panics too much. its annoying. He fumbles way too much and there will be a HUGE evaluation come next year on who starts at QB. He's only a RsF and injured but it seems to me he can't read on the option when we play against good defenses. If he can learn how to be a QB along with his athletic ability then sky's the limit but Trust me when i say..Brion is lickin his chops.

RB. Helu also has a fumbling problem. He made a great play on the TD but he can be our worst enemy as well. Where did he go in the second half? If you didn't know by now Rex is the real deal and is a product of consistency. He also has a great athletic ability that i think is underrated. He's in my opinion our best offensive player. He' great.

Wr. I expected a little more out of them. Cant blame them if balls are always being thrown behind them. they made the plays when they had the chance. Miss Niles now? i sure did. I'll even say we Win with him. Q. enunwa should be redshirting. what a waste.

TE. I thought kyler was gonna have a big explosive play but Martinez kept him covered tonight. Cotton had some nice blocks but didnt notice much

OL. Run blocked pretty well. OU does have talent so you have to give them respect. The wildcat was nearly unstoppable. Should have never stopped running it. Pass Blocking was dreadful although the Qb is in charge of adjusting to that.

D-Line. Played well. Im sure they think they couldve gotten more pressure at times but overall they played well. Great during certain parts of the game. Did anyone see Chase Rome after the game? Huge.

LB.(or Lavonte) They played well. Lavonte looked very good for the most part. Dejon did well filling in the gaps. Hagg i thought for the most part did a very good job. Ou is gonna get theres and Hagg made sure to limit them

DB. Prince in my opinion had his worse game of the year. worst then OKst. and whats weird is that he still played well but he got burned a few times and had trouble coming back to the ball. Dennard is lights out until the pump fake/double move is utilized. his aggressiveness sometimes gets the best of him. Cassidy would've had it if only he wouldve turned around a split second earlier. Courtney was laying the wood. Again Gomes and Hagg played well. They still played very well.

Special teams. I thought they were pretty lights out except for some of the punt returns. Alex is greatest kicker of all time...and he knows it ;)Missed Niles, he always gives us the chance for a big return. would've been handy

Coaching Staff.

Offensive. Bo, we know that he only takes care of the defense and lets Wats and Happy Gimore run the offense. He needs to evaluate them as well as cotton. Cotton. I honestly believe should get the longer leash. He's bringing in elite talent and i think we should see what he does with "his guys". i hate how we don't posses a faster offense. We take way too damn long to get a play off and it really annoys me. we give the D too much time to read and rest. I'm not calling for anyone's head. If anyone it would be Gilmore first. He struggles to bring in recruits by himself. We lack Wr talent and thats whats separating us on offense. Watson needs to teach taylor how to be a REAL Qb and learn proper footwork which i could teach him. All of our Qbs throw off their back foot and we all know thats a simple fundamental in becoming a QB.

Defense. They always have a flawless gameplan. They're not gonna hold everyone to 200 yards but they damn sure keep everyone in. Im glad to have them all and i truly feel bad for them.

Special Teams. Coach JP has done a tremendous job ever since he got here and when the talent level rises you'll see even more stellar Special Teams play.

Overall Im disappointed we lost. It seemed like we were somehow gonna win the game but then it ended. Give OU props for taking advantage. If there is one team I'd lose to, its them but simply put. we gave them the game. I think they know that. We can still hang our heads up high. I hope we get a great Bowl. I wish they could come back down to San Diego again. (I live in OC). This is only year three of the Pelini Era. Much Brighter days are ahead of us guys. Lets demolish our next opponent.

IMO Cotton gets a leash only for continuity and loyalty. We can easily do better there. We can bring in guys with anyone; Barney's "legendary OL coaching abilities" aren't drawing people in. And Barney is not going to coach them up unless his philosophy is fixed and he gets help from more consulting with Tenopir. I think we are at a point where we can make do with him though, so it's alright if he stays on right now.

Gilmore's leash is long over.

Watson has his work cut out for him with Taylor. He is a great QBs coach but Taylor is a very big experiment. He's come a long way this season but evidently still has a long way to go. Nobody wanted a real QB at the beginning of the year because we're Nebraska and we used to win without real QBs. When we picked Taylor he was the horse we had to ride this season for better or for worse. It's given us some highs, let's not forget, some real high(light reels too)s...and then some lows.

We're 10-3 and won the North. As bad as Taylor has been at times, he's a RFr and it's really hard to say the experiment was a bad idea. Sure it may have cost us in this game, but it also helped in no small part, to get us here. I was ready to jump all over Bo for this call at the start of the year, but here I am ending up defending it. Funny how that works out.

Congrats to OU, this will sting for a long time, though.