If Watson is gone...

If Watson does leave (and he will have to leave because I don't think Bo will fire him), who becomes our next OC?

I have no clue, but am interested in some of the names you might come up with.

If I had to guess, Tim Beck.

Beck had one successful year in 1999 being the OC at Missouri State. He head coached Texas HS football afterwards.

FWIW, Tim Beck was the WR coach + Pass Game Coordinator (PGC) at Kansas in 2007 when they went 12-1. With that in mind, KU ranked 17th in Passing Offense and 8th in Total Offense in '07 when Beck was there.

I was curious about the difference between a WR coach and a PGC? I wasn't sure if PGC was just a fancy job title so I did a basic search and found this quote from the Oakland Raider's WR coach + PGC that sorta answered my question:

Q: Give an example of the fundamentals being taught.

A: We believe if a route depth is a certain depth and you want the quarterback to throw the ball on time, (the receiver) better be at that depth and (the quarterback) better throw the ball on time. Arm strength is one thing, but timing and anticipation is another. That comes from trust, from guys breaking routes when (they're) supposed to so when the ball's in the air, their eyes snap around and the ball's on the way. That's really what we're trying to convince them, to trust each other. And if they don't do what they're supposed to do, the ball's intercepted, the quarterback loses confidence.

Q: What is your role in this newly created position?

A: My responsibility is to organize the passing game from concepts, personnel, formations, to hit all the situations whether it's a mix down, third down, any of those things. ... I am going to be up in the box, and I was comfortable with all of that. I have done all the different things, and at some stage of your career, all you really want to do is help turn a program around and not worry about is it this title or that responsibility. Just help them win, and I like the fit.

LINK

With good talent coming in at quarterback i think you have to go after a Mike Leach type-someone who's done it a lot before. We have talent coming in and i dont think we can afford to waste that on an experiment with someone who has little to no experience. Bo is a defensive coach, so we dont need an OC that can just call plays as Solich needed, we need a guy who pretty much mold the entire offense around Bo's concept.

What if Niles wasn't injured

wait a minute, what if taylor didnt throw that stupid interception in the endzone in the 2nd quarter when we were up 17-7. Man if we were up 20-7....

Rex burkhead, Roy Helu, Brandon Kinnie, Kyler Reed, Mike McNeil, Alex Henery...more than enough weapons to score 3 points in the second half.

wait a minute, what if taylor didnt throw that stupid interception in the endzone in the 2nd quarter when we were up 17-7. Man if we were up 20-7....

Rex burkhead, Roy Helu, Brandon Kinnie, Kyler Reed, Mike McNeil, Alex Henery...more than enough weapons to score 3 points in the second half.

Rex burkhead (fumble), Roy Helu (fumble), Brandon Kinnie (drops), Kyler Reed, Mike McNeil, Alex Henery...more than enough weapons to score 3 points in the second half.

I think they also should have scored more but unfortunately the players let themselves down.

Rex burkhead (fumble), Roy Helu (fumble), Brandon Kinnie (drops), Kyler Reed, Mike McNeil, Alex Henery...more than enough weapons to score 3 points in the second half.

I think they also should have scored more but unfortunately the players let themselves down.

Rex was not responsible for that fumble, that was a TERRIBLE snap!

• Fire 1

Burkhead's fumble was not his fault. That was a TERRIBLE snap by Caputo. Burkhead did everything he could to try and save it and he almost did.

• Fire 1