The Future

Hercules

Moving on from last night's game, these are my thoughts:

How does Nebraska bounce back? This was our season, our Super Bowl. While any bowl game (other than the BCS Title game) following a CCG is sort of anti-climatic, last year the Huskers were fueled by that last second loss to Texas. They were angry and they took it out on Arizona. That :01 fueled enough rage to propel them through the offseason into this year, and to within 3 points of their goal. What is going to fuel us now? We're headed to a minor bowl game and to a new conference, where there is no payback motivation, no urgency to win the conference championship in our last year in the conference.

The team has responded unbelievably well to losses under the leadership of Pelini. But this one is the toughest loss in his 3 years as head coach. Can the players get up off the mat, practice with fire, and meet their potential in a bowl game, where their opponent will likely be overmatched? Do they have the kind of drive that championship teams need during the offseason?

Tom Osborne's mid-90's teams were immensely talented, but they were fueled by that 1994 Orange Bowl loss to FSU like the 2010 version was fueled by :01. Osborne's 94 team had "Unfinished Business" to take care of in the Orange Bowl, and after that his teams were fueled by once in a lifetime leaders like Frazier, Peter, Wistrom... All-Americans that got angry and came down on their backups when the 2nd string and 3rd string didn't play as well as the first string... It was a beautiful thing...

Now we're heading into a new conference with new rivals and no longstanding grudges to be settled, and I think it's obvious we don't have the kind of student leadership that we had in the 90's. We're also looking at a potentially tumultuous offseason with coaching staff changes, although I still think that's rather unlikely.

Does this team have the fire it takes to build a championship team this offseason? Or do we fold a la 2007 Nebraska post-USC? Something inbetween? I'm looking forward to the bowl game for a hint...

How does Nebraska bounce back? This was our season, our Super Bowl. While any bowl game (other than the BCS Title game) following a CCG is sort of anti-climatic, last year the Huskers were fueled by that last second loss to Texas. They were angry and they took it out on Arizona. That :01 fueled enough rage to propel them through the offseason into this year, and to within 3 points Shawn Watson of their goal. What is going to fuel us now? We're headed to a minor bowl game and to a new conference, where there is no payback motivation, no urgency to win the conference championship in our last year in the conference.

FIFY

Guilty for sounding like a broken record but if you were old enough to live through those long suffering 22 years of the Osborne era when he "fell short" from winning it all, then surely you can manage to get through year 3 of the Pelini era and look forward to year 4 with unbridled enthusiasm.

• Fire 1

Guilty for sounding like a broken record but if you were old enough to live through those long suffering 22 years of the Osborne era when he "fell short" from winning it all, then surely you can manage to get through year 3 of the Pelini era and look forward to year 4 with unbridled enthusiasm.

No, I get that. I just want to see if this team can bounce back the same way. Osborne's teams always had Oklahoma to look forward to. We're in uncharted waters now...

No, I get that. I just want to see if this team can bounce back the same way. Osborne's teams always had Oklahoma to look forward to. We're in uncharted waters now...

I hear ya, I was more or less putting your post into perspective for the general audience. If I were a betting man, I'd think Bo would say "the goal remains the same" regardless of conference, but I understand where you're coming from.

This is the same question we were all asking after the Callahan fiasco! Look how far we've come!!

How do the Huskers bounces back? The same way it did after Callahan- by leaving all of the other crappoloa behind. By using the off season to make changes that will not just make us a better team but a great team.

What is going to fuel us is the notion that we can be better than we ever were in the Big 12. This is the time to MOVE FORWARD!!

The "We didn't win the Big 12 Championship" pity party needs to be over NOW. WE NEED TO MOVE ON!! :) It's going to be ok!!

Look at what we have now!! I don't know about you but Rex Burkhead is enough inspiration for the whole team. The kid plays tough and has the character/drive the team can get behind.

We also have Dr. Tom Osborne as our AD. He is the captain of our ship. HE will make the changes that need to be made.

I don't know about anyone else but I'm excited about next year!! We have a 0-0 record in the Big 10. When we win our bowl game, which will be against a Big 10 team, we'll be undefeated as we go into our new conference.

Now is the time to change our mentality!! Enough of this 'poor us-we didn't win the Big 12 Conference Championship' We've lost bigger games than that one! (1983 loss in Miami!!). Come on Hercules!! Like you said: "The team has responded unbelievably well to losses under the leadership of Pelini." They will follow him where ever he leads.

It's time for all of us to pull up the old bootstraps and get behind our team. We've always been considered fans that 'travel well' with their team. Now is the time for us to get behind this team! I'm with Nexus. GAME ON!

How does Nebraska bounce back? This was our season, our Super Bowl. While any bowl game (other than the BCS Title game) following a CCG is sort of anti-climatic, last year the Huskers were fueled by that last second loss to Texas. They were angry and they took it out on Arizona. That :01 fueled enough rage to propel them through the offseason into this year, and to within 3 points of their goal. What is going to fuel us now? We're headed to a minor bowl game and to a new conference, where there is no payback motivation, no urgency to win the conference championship in our last year in the conference.

The team has responded unbelievably well to losses under the leadership of Pelini. But this one is the toughest loss in his 3 years as head coach. Can the players get up off the mat, practice with fire, and meet their potential in a bowl game, where their opponent will likely be overmatched? Do they have the kind of drive that championship teams need during the offseason?

Tom Osborne's mid-90's teams were immensely talented, but they were fueled by that 1994 Orange Bowl loss to FSU like the 2010 version was fueled by :01. Osborne's 94 team had "Unfinished Business" to take care of in the Orange Bowl, and after that his teams were fueled by once in a lifetime leaders like Frazier, Peter, Wistrom... All-Americans that got angry and came down on their backups when the 2nd string and 3rd string didn't play as well as the first string... It was a beautiful thing...

Now we're heading into a new conference with new rivals and no longstanding grudges to be settled, and I think it's obvious we don't have the kind of student leadership that we had in the 90's. We're also looking at a potentially tumultuous offseason with coaching staff changes, although I still think that's rather unlikely.

Does this team have the fire it takes to build a championship team this offseason? Or do we fold a la 2007 Nebraska post-USC? Something inbetween? I'm looking forward to the bowl game for a hint...

This is the same question we were all asking after the Callahan fiasco! Look how far we've come!!

How do the Huskers bounces back? The same way it did after Callahan- by leaving all of the other crappoloa behind. By using the off season to make changes that will not just make us a better team but a great team.

What is going to fuel us is the notion that we can be better than we ever were in the Big 12. This is the time to MOVE FORWARD!!

The "We didn't win the Big 12 Championship" pity party needs to be over NOW. WE NEED TO MOVE ON!! :) It's going to be ok!!

Look at what we have now!! I don't know about you but Rex Burkhead is enough inspiration for the whole team. The kid plays tough and has the character/drive the team can get behind.

We also have Dr. Tom Osborne as our AD. He is the captain of our ship. HE will make the changes that need to be made.

I don't know about anyone else but I'm excited about next year!! We have a 0-0 record in the Big 10. When we win our bowl game, which will be against a Big 10 team, we'll be undefeated as we go into our new conference.

Now is the time to change our mentality!! Enough of this 'poor us-we didn't win the Big 12 Conference Championship' We've lost bigger games than that one! (1983 loss in Miami!!). Come on Hercules!! Like you said: "The team has responded unbelievably well to losses under the leadership of Pelini." They will follow him where ever he leads.

It's time for all of us to pull up the old bootstraps and get behind our team. We've always been considered fans that 'travel well' with their team. Now is the time for us to get behind this team! I'm with Nexus. GAME ON!

I'm behind the team. Just want to see how the team responds now... If we practice in these postseason practices with the fire that we had before the Holiday Bowl last year, then we're in good shape... We've got a long ways to go to becoming a championship team again, and this is when it all begins. This bowl game is the first game of next season.

I'm behind the team. Just want to see how the team responds now... If we practice in these postseason practices with the fire that we had before the Holiday Bowl last year, then we're in good shape... We've got a long ways to go to becoming a championship team again, and this is when it all begins. This bowl game is the first game of next season.

That's the spirit! (You just sounded so sad before :() I agree with everything you've just said, especially 'This bowl game is the first game of next season." Our first season in the Big 10! Here's to a great brand new beginning!