Big Ten Division Names and Logo Released

I don't understand why the "I" looks like a "1".

From Fox Sports

The logo is a block ''Big Ten'' which includes an homage to the original 10 members with those numerals embedded in the last two letters of the word Big.

I hope we don't see too much of these "selective" homages. I knew we're the new guy - but I wonder how many things we're going to get screwed out of because we're not part of the original 10? It would be nice if it doesn't take 15 years before people quit talking about the original big 10.

I hope we don't see too much of these "selective" homages. I knew we're the new guy - but I wonder how many things we're going to get screwed out of because we're not part of the original 10? It would be nice if it doesn't take 15 years before people quit talking about the original big 10.

I know that after coming from a conference that catered to its southern teams, this kind of sentiment is going to be hard to let go of, but the Big 10 has not behaved this way at all. Ohio State and Michigan dominate this conference for decades, then they bring in Penn State and to the best of my knowledge PSU has rarely if ever complained that they're not being treated as an equal. Same goes for schools like Northwestern and Indiana, which have very little to offer athletically, yet have equal footing at the discussion table when issues affect the conference.

The Big 12 was corrupt and biased and interested in molly-coddling one or two teams. The Big 10 has no such issues.

I know that after coming from a conference that catered to its southern teams, this kind of sentiment is going to be hard to let go of, but the Big 10 has not behaved this way at all. Ohio State and Michigan dominate this conference for decades, then they bring in Penn State and to the best of my knowledge PSU has rarely if ever complained that they're not being treated as an equal. Same goes for schools like Northwestern and Indiana, which have very little to offer athletically, yet have equal footing at the discussion table when issues affect the conference.

The Big 12 was corrupt and biased and interested in molly-coddling one or two teams. The Big 10 has no such issues.

True, but like anyone who's been in a mentally/physically abusive relationship, you're always waiting for your new relationship to take the same turn.

So I guess that makes us damaged goods. :(

True, but like anyone who's been in a mentally/physically abusive relationship, you're always waiting for your new relationship to take the same turn.

So I guess that makes us damaged goods. :(

Sad, isn't it? I don't think there's a single caring Husker fan who isn't damaged by the goings-on of the past few months. It's been ugly, and it'll take time to get over it all. But we'll get there.