Poll: Do you like the Big Ten Logos and Division Names?

tschu

Big Ten  

187 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I accidentally hit Yes on the poll, but please count me a no. Logo is all kinds of wrong. Font looks straight out of a bad Western movie poster. The blue is bad too. I get that they were trying to be iconic by keeping it ultra-simple with no borders/shading/etc., it just didn't work.

On the divisions, see Sparker above. Leaders???

Icons?

Legends & Icons?

Lakes & Plains would've sufficed.

However if you wanted to use spatial names, the best they could've done is:

Northwest Division = Consisting of the Legends Division

Southeast Division = Consisting of the Leaders Division

If you look at the map below, it works with the exception of Wisconsin.

67860546.jpg

67860546.jpg

That looks like a Risk board.

67860546.jpg

Actually looking at that, North and South would have just been fine, the only exception would be Wisconsin being in the South but location in the North.

I don't mind the logo, i think it will set in once i start seeing it painted on the field and courts around UNL.

As for the name, well looking at other conferences, we just have to be the lone standing out. Everyone else has directional differences in there division names, except us. Go Leaders and Legends of the B1G TEN conference.

Regarding division names . . .

"Legends" actually isn't too bad. "Leaders" is complete dogsh*t. Assuming you can't find something better to pair with "Legends," I think "Honor" and "Glory" would have been better choices.

Regarding logos . . .

I hate the logo more than the "Leaders" name, if that's possible. If you are not going to change the name to be numerically correct or otherwise incorporate a "12" into the name, why not just keep the same logo you have now? The whole "paying homage to the original ten founding members by having the "I" and "G" in "BIG" look like a "1" and "0," respectively, is retarded. Isn't calling the g'damn conference the "Big Ten" enough of an homage? Doing both is so redundant it makes me want to vomit.

Seriously, WTF (that's "Who the f***") was the marketing firm that did this and how much did they get paid? Pretty sure I could have come up with something better in a few hours on my MacBook Pro.

I hope to God that the public outcry and near unanimous disapproval will force the conference to rethink this. The names and logo aren't a day old and already they're begging for a refresh and an update.