AP All-American Team

FIRST TEAM

Alex Henery, K, Nebraska

The people running the Groza award should be embarrassed as these AA lists come out with Henery and he is not even among the Groza finalists. I still don't know what to make of that oversight.

Not trying to complain or take anything away from Prince, but is anyone else kind of surprised he got 1st AA without recording a single INT this season. Don't get me wrong, I think Prince is a great CB, but I didn't think he had a great statistical year. Congrats anyways.

It's a good point. The argument is basically that Prince so terrified opponents that they hardly ever threw his way. He had one statistically poor game, and the others were pretty good, or pretty quiet.

The reason Dennard had such an exciting year is that nobody would throw at Prince's half of the field. That makes him pretty good, I guess.

Not trying to complain or take anything away from Prince, but is anyone else kind of surprised he got 1st AA without recording a single INT this season. Don't get me wrong, I think Prince is a great CB, but I didn't think he had a great statistical year. Congrats anyways.

It's a good point. The argument is basically that Prince so terrified opponents that they hardly ever threw his way. He had one statistically poor game, and the others were pretty good, or pretty quiet.

The reason Dennard had such an exciting year is that nobody would throw at Prince's half of the field. That makes him pretty good, I guess.

I definately agree, also I think Prince's run support was often overlooked. I just feel bad that he couldn't record an INT this season. I believe he had 2 that were called back due to penalties though.

The other thing about Prince is that, when the ball was thrown his way, he tended to defend it. He ended up with 13 passes defensed, to only six for Dennard. Prince also had 58 tackles and a sack.

Gomes had 93 tackles, a sack, three picks, seven passes defensed and two forced fumbles. How he didn't make any lists is beyond me.

Hagg had 46 tackles, a sack, five picks, four passes defensed and a forced fumble, but he makes the All-American list. The guy is totally worthy, don't get me wrong, but Gomes' numbers showed he deserved to be on there somewhere.

The other thing about Prince is that, when the ball was thrown his way, he tended to defend it. He ended up with 13 passes defensed, to only six for Dennard. Prince also had 58 tackles and a sack.

Gomes had 93 tackles, a sack, three picks, seven passes defensed and two forced fumbles. How he didn't make any lists is beyond me.

Hagg had 46 tackles, a sack, five picks, four passes defensed and a forced fumble, but he makes the All-American list. The guy is totally worthy, don't get me wrong, but Gomes' numbers showed he deserved to be on there somewhere.

93 tackles for Gomes is a lot! I had no idea that he put up those kind of numbers this year. I'd say he's definately overlooked and underappreciated. I guess you could make the argument for the entire secondary, but wow, 93 tackles is a good showing.

I like how Dan Bailey wins the Lou Groza award but gets second team All-American for kicker behind Henery. Nice to see Alex finally get recognized properly. Feel Dejon Gomes belongs somewhere on the list as well, at least 3rd team All-American along with Eric Hagg. Awesome to see Eric Hagg be recognized.

Gomes has flown below everyone's radar. This guy is going to be severely missed next year.