Stink Bowl

This season's bowl line up is the at the bottom of the toilet in terms of "good games"

This conference affiliation of this bowl is going to be between this conferences second best team against this conferences 3 best team.........Its a bunch of dog doo-doo.

This isn't' the first year I've thought this way, but this is the first year its royally pissed me off to the point I have to vent. Its not even a Nebraska thing.

Can someone explain to me that a 10-3 against a 6-6 team is good for college football? (Georgia VS UCF)

Or a Toilet Bowl of two 6-6's. (BYU-UTEP)

Or a Who Bowl of Middle Tenn, and Miami (Ohio type).

Or two teams who have already played each other (Nebraska VS Washington)

If Bowl Games revolve around money, then why limit your self to Conference ie A #2 VS Conference B #4.

If I were a School, I wouldn't care about what "bowl" I was playing in, but what match up is going to bring the most ratings *cough* money.

If I were a Bowl, I wouldn't care what Teams I had playing in it. Obviously I wouldn't want 2 6-6 teams playing, but really if you think about it, if your a bowl sponsor, and you wanted to do a bowl game, that's what you get to work with. If you don't like it...sorry those two teams don't get to go bowling...and I would say most of America wouldn't be upset about that.

It puts integrity into the bowl games, it gives good match ups. The money would be off the scale for Georgia VS Clemons two 6-6 teams. Just like it would for if a Okie Light VS Boise State. That would be a good game.

Now lets talk about the Husker VS. Huskies AGAIN! If I am not a fan of either of these teams, I don't watch this game because I already have. Even IF the Huskies were to win, what would it prove? It wouldn't prove that the Husker are a worse team then the Huskies. It wouldn't prove that Huskers are over-rated (cuz you know that would fly all over the place if the Huskers lost).

The only thing it proves.....................this will probably be one of the lowest rated Bowl games, and at the bottom of its history in terms of ratings.

I know that the Holiday Bowl didn't have a choice in the matter of who they were left with to pick. But this is even more reason to scrap the bowl affiliation and just go with I get to pick anyone I want to pick of the pool that is left.

Should look something like next year if I had my way:

Rules:

1,Teams would not play teams of the same conference

2,Teams would not play teams they have already played

BCS NC

1 vs 2

Sugar

3 vs 4

Orange

5 vs 6

Fiesta

7 vs 8

All other bowls match ups preferences are selected by media and fans

Bowls would consider 3 of the highest match ups preferred by media and fans and make the decision based on economics for their sponsors.

Picking order would be determined by last years ratings.

I think that would fix the problem without having to go to a Play-off system.

Done ranting.

well, to begin with, there are too many bowl games, rewarding too many undeserving teams and no one (Big East) should have a lock on any BCS game! this is how the new world works now, you know, when your kid goes to a B-day party, the host gives all the kids a goody-bag so they won't feel left out......i mean for God's sake, it is a B-day party for one kid who is having a special day! our whole damn society is so me focused and pansy-ass that we got what we deserve, even in college football!..... :snacks: