Got P90X in the mail today

Apathy

congrats on getting P90X....if you can push yourself and stick with it, you'll be happy with your results. Do note, that most people don't see the bulk of the changes until the third month/phase. I hit my target weight pretty quickly just by changing my diet...but if you're wanting to get cut, it'll take a couple months before you start seeing the majority of the results.

I did the program starting last April until around mid Fall this year. Once football season and the holidays hit, I was off my routine and eating crap again. I'm getting married in 5 months and my goal is to start the program up again here soon so that I'm ready for our honeymoon on the beach!

The best results I experienced were cardiovascular wise...surprisingly. I found the plyometrics workout helped me immensely for my indoor soccer team I play on with a bunch of guys. Pretty soon I was agile like a cat and able to stay in the game for the whole 50 minutes!

btw, if you want motivation, check out this guys thread. Incredible results:

http://www.weightloss-hq.biz/weight-loss-forum/p90x-before-and-after-pics/paulyp-s-final-pictures.html

Wow! That guys results were amazing!

to get the max results you need to follow the workouts and the meal plan. Without following the meal plan you will get in great shape but you won't see the weight loss and definition they talk of.

congrats on getting P90X....if you can push yourself and stick with it, you'll be happy with your results. Do note, that most people don't see the bulk of the changes until the third month/phase. I hit my target weight pretty quickly just by changing my diet...but if you're wanting to get cut, it'll take a couple months before you start seeing the majority of the results.

I did the program starting last April until around mid Fall this year. Once football season and the holidays hit, I was off my routine and eating crap again. I'm getting married in 5 months and my goal is to start the program up again here soon so that I'm ready for our honeymoon on the beach!

The best results I experienced were cardiovascular wise...surprisingly. I found the plyometrics workout helped me immensely for my indoor soccer team I play on with a bunch of guys. Pretty soon I was agile like a cat and able to stay in the game for the whole 50 minutes!

http://www.weightloss-hq.biz/weight-loss-forum/p90x-before-and-after-pics/paulyp-s-final-pictures.html

to get the max results you need to follow the workouts and the meal plan. Without following the meal plan you will get in great shape but you won't see the weight loss and definition they talk of.

That's my problem. I can do the workouts but following the meal plan is the toughest part for me

That's my problem. I can do the workouts but following the meal plan is the toughest part for me

Do your best to follow the meal plans. The recipes are really good., and they are easy to make. Included there is scale which shows you how many fat, carbs, and protiens you need.

All I say is get into it, be ready to be sore, but stick with it. Once you are past the two weeks, it does get easier.

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Bump, Don't leave us hanging.....how is it going? :snacks:

I've only used it for a half a month on and off not because I can't do it but because I've been busy with updating my house when I have time. Hell I love to play video games but since switching to graveyards back in late October I've hardly play my PS3 anymore because I've been busy or my sleep has been all jacked up. Working graveyards right now, I have days where I sleep all day and for the past 3 weeks my sleep on my days off have been all jacked up. Sunday I head back to the day shift and will be picking up on the P90x again and doing it on a daily basis. My wife and I will be joining the Y when I head back to days.

I'm not a fat ass by any means I'm about 5'11 and 192lbs just want to get rid of this belly thats starting to form.

I've only used it for a half a month on and off not because I can't do it but because I've been busy with updating my house when I have time. Hell I love to play video games but since switching to graveyards back in late October I've hardly play my PS3 anymore because I've been busy or my sleep has been all jacked up. Working graveyards right now, I have days where I sleep all day and for the past 3 weeks my sleep on my days off have been all jacked up. Sunday I head back to the day shift and will be picking up on the P90x again and doing it on a daily basis. My wife and I will be joining the Y when I head back to days.

I'm not a fat ass by any means I'm about 5'11 and 192lbs just want to get ride of this belly thats starting to form.

How do you ride your own belly?

I'm not a fat ass by any means I'm about 5'11 and 192lbs just want to get ride of this belly thats starting to form.

How do you ride your own belly?

Haha post has been edited.

the most important thing to remember is to find motivation wherever you can...I feel wrong calling it motivation. Just try something. P90x, or spinning, or the thighmaster is nothing groundbreaking...if you spend even 15 minutes of time daily for 3 months doing something that exerts yourself over your norm, you'll likely find just as good results...and you wont be wondering when the next dvd comes out. Not knocking anyone that uses it, but its not the miracle of P90x doing it for you. Its you committing, and ultimately finding an excuse, for you to do something for yourself. I simply dont agree with having to pay someone for that revelation.

The weather is warming up for most of us, and 'summer' and all that it entails is upon us all. Just get out! Go for a walk, explore parts of your town or area you have never really seen before. I live in downtown Omaha, can tell you how to get anywhere in this town, but had never really been through Little Italy. Some crazy cool stuff down by the river. Im a lackadaisical run/biker, but a simple walk through there a couple weeks back has turned into me running all the streets around Lauritzen Gardens and seeing some pretty cool stuff. Its even led to me thinking about building a funky dream house on a couple of the empty lots Ive noticed after seeing several houses in the area that are quite remarkable (not for their size), and fun battle with an angry looking, free roaming dog on one dirt street that makes me feel like Im deep in banjo playing country when I can see first national tower in the background...its amazing what getting out and trying something new will do for you. Start small with something you enjoy and it will lead to fancy pants plan type results quicker than you think.

• Fire 1

the most important thing to remember is to find motivation wherever you can...I feel wrong calling it motivation. Just try something. P90x, or spinning, or the thighmaster is nothing groundbreaking...if you spend even 15 minutes of time daily for 3 months doing something that exerts yourself over your norm, you'll likely find just as good results...and you wont be wondering when the next dvd comes out. Not knocking anyone that uses it, but its not the miracle of P90x doing it for you. Its you committing, and ultimately finding an excuse, for you to do something for yourself. I simply dont agree with having to pay someone for that revelation.

The weather is warming up for most of us, and 'summer' and all that it entails is upon us all. Just get out! Go for a walk, explore parts of your town or area you have never really seen before. I live in downtown Omaha, can tell you how to get anywhere in this town, but had never really been through Little Italy. Some crazy cool stuff down by the river. Im a lackadaisical run/biker, but a simple walk through there a couple weeks back has turned into me running all the streets around Lauritzen Gardens and seeing some pretty cool stuff. Its even led to me thinking about building a funky dream house on a couple of the empty lots Ive noticed after seeing several houses in the area that are quite remarkable (not for their size), and fun battle with an angry looking, free roaming dog on one dirt street that makes me feel like Im deep in banjo playing country when I can see first national tower in the background...its amazing what getting out and trying something new will do for you. Start small with something you enjoy and it will lead to fancy pants plan type results quicker than you think.

Cool post!

Maybe you should buy a box of Milkbones (the small ones) and toss one each time you see that dog..Extra motivation for you..And by the time you get through that box, you'll be lean and have a mean friend.